LFR Needs a Tutorial

General Discussion
10/24/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Moob
10/24/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Bigoledoinks

This is a great idea!

How will we accommodate deaf players?

Have someone from blizzard come and play the game for them?

You do realize that they could glance at the raid chat, right?
10/24/2018 08:34 AMPosted by Moob
10/24/2018 08:31 AMPosted by Classicsoon
Remove LFR. Have only normal and heroic versions. If you're too incompetent for normal difficulty then too bad.

Well said. Garbage cans can stick with pet battles, or other content that is well suited to there skill level.
Hardly 'well said'. more like an utter joke.
Eventually it'll kick in for you all that WE pay your raid server bills.
Remove LFR. Have only normal and heroic versions. If you're too incompetent for normal difficulty then too bad.

I am SOOOO happy that ML was removed.
It really does do justice to those who keep railing about removing LFR when it has NO bearing on their game any more than ML had any on ours.
10/24/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Howlyn

Well said. Garbage cans can stick with pet battles, or other content that is well suited to there skill level.
Imagine being this arrogant and clueless simultaneously.
10/24/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Classicsoon
...Hardly 'well said'. more like an utter joke.

somehow they pull it off
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Says the trashcan.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/darkspear/moob#difficulty=3
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/darkspear/moob#difficulty=4

I'd like to see something more done with LFR, I'd like to see more information provided inside the base game that isnt reliant on Addons. Functionally that's what screams at you for standing in bad stuff (e.g. GTFO). You can get those tools to scream at you, but someone new to the game and playing it at the base level for raids (LFR) doesnt know they have that information available to them. So, there should be a more clear explanation of mechanics for players in LFR.
It's just the nature of LFR. They really design raids for players like Ion, people who want to farm them and take their time to learn them. They reduce the impact of the mechanics but all of it is meant to be learned by trial and error.

You have the dungeon journal, assuming you have time to read it before the tank pulls and can identify the visual cue, plus DBM which get you mostly through the 1st time without too many people calling you idiot for making some simple and non-lethal error.

I think we're coming to the end times. 40 became 25 became 10 became flex; some things just don't work like they'd like them to.

Umm. Where is this stated that LFR pays for all the raid servers?
I like LFR alright, when I have the time to play. I do always try to find a quick video to give me an idea of what to expect when healing them. ^_^

Split WoW into two versions. Casual WoW and Raider WoW. LFR in Casual WoW. Everyone is happy.
10/24/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Yshal
I think they should add the clips to the dungeon journal and they could just put in a tip on LFR loading screens to open the dungeon journal if you’re new to the raid.

Honestly I like LFR. Lots of my ingame friends got into raiding because of LFR.

This is a really solid suggestion, and i could see tremendous value in providing this for players.

G'huun in particular could really benefit from this.
They just need DBM or any other raid tool assist add-on. It's not breaking the TOS, they are permitted and it makes LFR and raiding in general a bit easier!

How can anyone not run out of a fire if their screen is flashing and a big giant text that says: "YOU'RE STANDING IN FIRE" and the Big Bad Wolf's voice says in your speakers: "Run away little girl... run away!"

There's nothing to be ashamed of to use DBM. All the pros use it. All the hardcore raiding guilds demand that all their raiders have it installed!

Running out of a fire alert is just 1 out of hundreds alerts and info this add-on has to offer!

Am I saying that everyone installs DBM? Sorta. But another solution would be to just intergrate this into WoW. Blizzard should buy the DBM devs and hire them as employees then force it into everyone's WoW client ... but turned off by default and if you wanna turn it on, you have to go into the Options menu.

Whatcha think? This better than wasting money on a tutorial. DBM already exists, it's there and I think Blizzard should fund them and pre-install it into WoW!
Let's be real here, Blizzard isn't putting any money into development that they don't have to. Every major addon that's been developed over the years could've been absorbed by the default UI at this point. They haven't done so because why pay to develop something when it's being done for free?
Stop assuming anyone is in LFR because they want to do the fight correctly.

99.9999% of players are there only to be carried for the loot piñata and/or to be epeen meter champions.
10/24/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Brissandy

99.9999% of players are there only to be carried for the loot piñata and/or to be epeen meter champions.

I'm there for transmog, and I don't want to wipe 10 times waiting for resolve to stack up enough to the point that everything can essentially be ignored because no-one knows what they're doing. I don't think I'm alone on this.

10/24/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Toondstroyer
Let's be real here, Blizzard isn't putting any money into development that they don't have to. Every major addon that's been developed over the years could've been absorbed by the default UI at this point. They haven't done so because why pay to develop something when it's being done for free?

Yea, you're not wrong, but there isn't an addon for this and it's something that would be directly beneficial for the longevity of their game and how LFR is perceived. ATM it's not considered a point for learning fights, there are no explanations in LFR to imply that it is a chance to learn the fights and that it's obscenely easier than the next difficulty tiers. IMO giving people that information would change the perception of LFR because based on input from this forum M0 340 ilvl loot isn't enough of an indicator.
10/24/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Classicsoon
<span class="truncated">...</span>Hardly 'well said'. more like an utter joke.

i read your post. I can imagine it.
Clearly YOU havent read the facts as to who pays the bills around here.
10/24/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Brissandy

utter bull feces.
I ran nearly LFD/LFR every day for months in Legion. Not ONCE did I see anyone not playing the game.
But hey, if you need to use this BS to feel validated in your argument,more power to ya, but just know that you aint fooling anyone who actually plays in LfR.
I think a good way to push players to learn mechanics is remove determination stacks.
10/24/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Notagin

Split WoW into two versions. Casual WoW and Raider WoW. LFR in Casual WoW. Everyone is happy.
better yet, anti LFR sorts can just shut up the crying about it, stay in their guild runs and no one has to hear the perpetual whining in here about LFR.
Problem solved.