Blizzard new feedback emails proves this expansion has reached an all time low subs record

General Discussion
Prev 1 22 23 24 26 Next
10/26/2018 07:03 AMPosted by Mvura
It has to do with the fact that the stock market overall tanked heavily over the past week. The market is signaling that a recession is incoming.

Nah, it's signalling that the laws of gravity are still in effect. Economy is doing quite well. Wages are rising. Labor market is tight as a tick. Profits are up. Inflation negligible.
Whenever I get an email from blizz I roll the dice to see if I will read it. So used to their rng.
So this company went from cancelling the ability for players to call in for phone support to now offering to Skype you??

Hahahahahahahahaha, KARMA
10/28/2018 04:35 AMPosted by Rocketfella
So this company went from cancelling the ability for players to call in for phone support to now offering to Skype you??

lol that is really bad when you put it that way.
10/28/2018 04:45 AMPosted by Smadinker
10/28/2018 04:35 AMPosted by Rocketfella

lol that is really bad when you put it that way.

Gotta walk the walk if you wanna talk the talk.

Blizzard team spent so much time sniffing their own farts and telling customers they know better... Well this is where it got them.
I haven't unsubbed but would love to be able to talk to Blizzard about my concerns over skype.

In any case i really hope this is the start of an upward trend for the game.
10/27/2018 11:25 PMPosted by Hypheria
Make it two occurrences because you're doing it too.

Interesting, huh?

Considering I'm not doing what was described (telling people everything is perfect, etc.) than I think you're reading what you want to read instead of actually following the conversation.
10/28/2018 04:57 AMPosted by Crepe
10/27/2018 11:25 PMPosted by Hypheria
Make it two occurrences because you're doing it too.

Interesting, huh?

Considering I'm not doing what was described (telling people everything is perfect, etc.) than I think you're reading what you want to read instead of actually following the conversation.

Instead you're splitting hairs, and arguing, and completely derailing the conversation and the topic at hand... that moderation clearly knows about by now because it's not been 404'd.

Totally valuable.
10/28/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Scatterhound
Instead you're splitting hairs, and arguing, and completely derailing the conversation and the topic at hand... that moderation clearly knows about by now because it's not been 404'd.

Greens gotta green.
definitely a step in the right direction, proves that there has been a massive sub drop and/or drop in the amount of play time in general

this should really shut up the vocal minority that try to silence all the feedback or complaint threads
You can attack Blizzard and BFA endlessly -- like many others, you seem to enjoy it. Or maybe it's your paid job. Find flaws to criticize, and/or invent flaws to attack.

But who cares? Who gives a flying squirrel's furry fluffy tail about your opinion, or how many millions of players there are, or whether (NON-objectively) one or another expansion is "better"?

It's still fun for millions of people. So are other MMOs. Good for them. Do you like one of them better than WoW? Good for you!

All I care about is what I personally enjoy. I can't even imagine expecting OTHER people to think what I think, or to like what I like.
10/26/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Nawat
That being said I'm sure they have lost subs, always do. It's just good policy for them to do. They used to have the exit polls so maybe this is just a replacement.
I have no numbers, but in my opinion 20-30% of players have quit this game EVERY SINGLE YEAR, STARTING in 2005. It is nothing new, and it is not 5-10%. And I think that is normal for MMOs -- it happens industry-wide.

It explains why new players are important. Why WoW is not designed only "to please veterans, to give veteran players what they want". New players are more important. Without a constant influx of new players, any MMO dies out.

I don't criticize people for quitting -- anyone gets tired of playing the same game after enough months or years. I only criticize players that should leave (they are sick of this game), but instead they stay, and blame the game for THEM being sick of this game and noticing flaws.
ROFL!

Just imagine if you got that email, sent in your suggestions... and they actually implemented them!

Hey! Thanks for getting 3 million people to come back to the game with their PAYING SUBSCRIPTION!!! Even better that you DID IT FOR FREE!!!

Everyone should respond to such a letter with: I'll give you feedback and ideas, when you admit you don't know what you're doing and therefore reduce your salary to $28k a year.
10/27/2018 09:36 PMPosted by Awkaran
If Blizzard is wanting 30 minutes on Skype with people so they can talk about what can be improved in the game, one can conclude that they're desparate.

I've been playing this game since 2005 and NEVER have I seen anything like this, even from other companies with other games.

This screams "please, come back, let's talk".

So they were desperate during Legion when they started doing the in depth feedback calls and offering rewards for them?

June 2018 asking if Survey with possible video interview is real - someone else confirming they got the offer too https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765506798#post-19

They have been doing surveys via emails for many years. They have been doing Skype chats since Legion.

Asking for feedback is great. I don't get why people think it is new though.
I hope I get one of these, pls send me one blizz.
10/25/2018 11:56 PMPosted by Rhokzor
10/25/2018 11:53 PMPosted by Righteouscow

Blizzard could just un-delete the BFA Beta / Alpha forums and get a huge amount of information from there

They would never do that. The collective toldyaso from the entire playerbase would blow out all of Blizzard HQ's windows.

Would still be great to see.
my answer will be "lack of ogres playable"

hope they fix this problem soon

Totally valuable

He's telling you not to read into it. They've taken surveys before, offered phone conversations. Fact. It's just not a fact you want to hear. What it means, is they want to know why they're losing people. No more, no less. Given that the thread title is "Blizzard new feedback emails proves this expansion has reached an all time low subs record" it's completely on point.

Now we can opine that it means they're losing more subs than they're comfortable with. That's probably true. It's also true that the survey seems to cover the key issues more than a few players have issues with, quite loudly here on the forums.

I see it as a positive, rather than a negative. Too late for this expac, it's a wipe...but maybe, just maybe they'll learn from this debacle for a change and quit doubling down on fail.
10/28/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Tchalla
I have no numbers, but in my opinion 20-30% of players have quit this game EVERY SINGLE YEAR, STARTING in 2005. It is nothing new, and it is not 5-10%. And I think that is normal for MMOs -- it happens industry-wide.

From their peak of 12.1 million in 2007 until they stopped reporting at 5.6 M during 2015, they were losing close to a million customers a year per year.

Since they no longer report sub numbers, I can't say what the current count is, but I rather doubt they're even at WoD numbers.
10/28/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Jamesfisk

Totally valuable

He's telling you not to read into it. They've taken surveys before, offered phone conversations. Fact. It's just not a fact you want to hear. What it means, is they want to know why they're losing people. No more, no less. Given that the thread title is "Blizzard new feedback emails proves this expansion has reached an all time low subs record" it's completely on point.

Now we can opine that it means they're losing more subs than they're comfortable with. That's probably true. It's also true that the survey seems to cover the key issues more than a few players have issues with, quite loudly here on the forums.

I see it as a positive, rather than a negative. Too late for this expac, it's a wipe...but maybe, just maybe they'll learn from this debacle for a change and quit doubling down on fail.

Oh I get it, feedback is great, feedback is needed, this is why this thread is still being allowed to run its course...

Someone has been watching it, for feedback.

When it devolves into people attacking each other over semantics and not the actual discussion it loses all worth on all fronts, and it will vanish.

Yet on the same foot, the very specific nature of the feedback being sought has made people ask questions.

People who are customers, who are expected to resub next month, or... return.

This thread only exists because people have concerns to voice, when people are trying to squash the voices for no other reasons than "I'm having fun, sucks you aren't!" then the feedback we get is too biased to be of any use.

If we're all having fun, we're playing, not talking.

If we're not having fun, we're talking or we're leaving.

We're so quick to throw the "minority" tag in here, what about the fraction of players who never speak at all before they leave?.

Can we in good conscience label that as a minority also?

Given that they never speak, yet the ones who do are told they are the minority have stuck around long enough to talk... and every single time they do, someone attacks them for it, or tries to shut them down.

None of this discussion is directed at any one person, but at a situation, seeing people take personal offense to it, and go on the attack over discussion is as worrying as the state of our game.

If Blizzard wants this thread to end, it will end, forcing it robs us of the very feedback we're all seeking.

Because all feedback is feedback, and you're right, it is a positive.

Until it's gone, and it's a negative for all of us because everyone's given up trying to give feedback to a big green wall saying "sucks to be you".