Feral a little differently?

Arenas
So I’ve been enjoying feral for a while tho I’m not very good at it yet. Regardless, I really don’t want to rely so much on Raking Ferocity. So my question is this: is wild fleshrending a reasonable trait to stack in 3s?

I feel like it goes well with incarnation windows and would keep the pressure up instead of just RF Frits outta nowhere. I’ve definitely hit for 10-13k shreds using that setup. Maybe better to go with MoC instead of BT?

This also has a lot to do with not wanting to farm RF azerite gear. F that noise... :(
i got 2300 without it. might have had 1 tho idk
Is that the shred one? I think it’s good during incarn with clarity procs
10/26/2018 12:46 AMPosted by Azreux
So my question is this: is wild fleshrending a reasonable trait to stack in 3s?

I actually just got a double stack of these traits for PvE reasons, but I'm thinking about running it in 3's - testing it right now, will get back to you with response.

The only drawback is you have to keep up Thrash, so while it works in a PvE sense, it would be bad for FMP because of possible cleave - that's just speculation though.
Update - it does good damage, but it's easy to global yourself and if you're running Sabertooth (the only viable one in the tier unless you're playing SR which is meh) then it's better to just run the bite traits anyways.

I tried it with both Incarn and Soul, Incarn seemed to be the best for 1 shotting people, but the damage was honestly negligible compared to just running bleeds and rotting people to death - mostly because you're relying on Thrash up-time to buff your Shreds.

You're welcome to try it out for yourself, I was shredding people for like 10-12k so it's still a lot of damage it's just.. Not as much as just biting them for all that damage at once, yknow :3.
If you're playing jungle that one shot comes in handy along with incarnation on a kill target. Yes the bleeds do most of the work but since you can bite pretty much without any major cool down involved it's juicy
Thanks for the feedback, all. Especially @Serrow for testing it out, too.

I can definitely see the value with Jungle and FMP due to needing very particular burst windows and avoiding cleaving away CC (as opposed to rot pressure or mongo stun-based cleave). Surprising people with the big bites is definitely a way to secure kills. Maybe I was just hoping for something a bit different but still potent.

I typically play with a mage friend so I guess farming out the RF crutch is my best bet while I practice and get better. Maybe one day I'll be able to
got 2300 without it

but it won't be today. :)
never used raking ferocity, i use dagger in the back traits x2, and gotta say i love it. basically another bleed that can stack, sometimes crits for like 7k. really want a 3rd but you know, rngzzzzzzz.
10/26/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Azreux
Thanks for the feedback, all. Especially @Serrow for testing it out, too.

I can definitely see the value with Jungle and FMP due to needing very particular burst windows and avoiding cleaving away CC (as opposed to rot pressure or mongo stun-based cleave). Surprising people with the big bites is definitely a way to secure kills. Maybe I was just hoping for something a bit different but still potent.

I typically play with a mage friend so I guess farming out the RF crutch is my best bet while I practice and get better. Maybe one day I'll be able to
got 2300 without it

but it won't be today. :)

In 8.1 RF is being changed, no idea how good it'll be afterwards since it won't increase FB damage anymore.