Players at Level 120 • Hordes 51% - Alliance 38%

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
10/26/2018 05:58 PMPosted by Gunny
What are the other 11%? Are they faction confused? Undecided? Do they get to wait to 120 to pick a faction? lol

I was about to say this lol
10/27/2018 02:46 AMPosted by Hypêrspace
10/27/2018 02:40 AMPosted by Yayayayayaya
I can't think of a more worthless topic. I remember a month or two ago when the crybabies faction changed because of Sylvanas after she burned the tree.

whats the crybaby faction?
dude either game is functional for both factions or it isnt. i have horde and alliance chars. if my horde char has better mechanical options, that means my alliance char doesn't, and therefore i'm paying for a half functional game.
You play that faction.

If you're talking about racials in the rest of your post I agree. They should be buffed for Alliance. But every topic I see is about nerfing, never buffing.
so many people are bad at math in this thread its impressive, we need to get common core out of our schools and go back to actually teaching kids math because this is why you have these ridiculous replies that 38 and 51 isnt 100. LOL. which btw are all wrong if you just read the topic, then used a neuron to think about it.
I kinda skew that statistic...8 120 horde toons. 1 120 ally toon...
Why use intentionally misleading numbers when the real numbers actually do show the imbalance that you're talking about (though less dramatically)? It only hurts the point that you're trying to make.
oh god, let me clean this up because i see people still not figuring it out on page 8 somehow.

the OP did not say 51% is the total horde 120s or that 38% is the total alliance 120s

he said that 51% of total horde players are level 120

and he said that 38% of total alliance players are 120

those 2 statements are completely independent of the total % of players on either faction at 120.

for example, you could have 38% OF ALLIANCE PLAYERS at level 120, and still have a level 120 faction balance of 50/50 assuming there were a lot of alliance players.

he never said anything about faction balance in a manner that would justify anyone adding those 2 numbers and expecting 100%.

for example, lets say the faction balance is 60% horde, 40% alliance.

now out of that 60% horde, 51% are 120, 49% are not 120.

out of the 40% alliance, 38% are 120, 62% are not 120.

thats what the OP was saying.

what this shows is moreso that even if the faction balance was a perfect 50/50, which you would have to be blind to believe it is, then 120s are still vastly outnumbered by horde in the end.
10/27/2018 07:03 AMPosted by Dirtytricks
oh god, let me clean this up because i see people still not figuring it out on page 8 somehow.

the OP did not say 51% is the total horde 120s or that 38% is the total alliance 120s

those 2 statements are completely independent of the total % of players on either faction at 120.

for example, you could have 38% OF ALLIANCE PLAYERS at level 120, and still have a level 120 faction balance of 50/50 assuming there were a lot of alliance players.

he never said anything about faction balance in a manner that would justify anyone adding those 2 numbers and expecting 100%.

what this shows is moreso that even if the faction balance was a perfect 50/50, which you would have to be blind to believe it is, then 120s are still vastly outnumbered by horde in the end.
The title of the thread is "Players at Level 120 • Hordes 51% - Alliance 38%". That definitely makes it sound like he's talking about the faction percentages of the total number of 120s.

And the fact that the two percentages he's talking about actually have nothing to do with faction balance as a whole makes them almost useless for what he's trying to say. If the point is to show that Alliance 120s are outnumbered by Horde 120s there are numbers that specifically show that (55% Horde, 45% Alliance).
10/27/2018 07:33 AMPosted by Kitharis
10/27/2018 07:03 AMPosted by Dirtytricks

The title of the thread is "Players at Level 120 • Hordes 51% - Alliance 38%". That definitely makes it sound like he's talking about the faction percentages of the total number of 120s.

And the fact that the two percentages he's talking about actually have nothing to do with faction balance as a whole makes them almost useless for what he's trying to say. If the point is to show that Alliance 120s are outnumbered by Horde 120s there are numbers that specifically show that (55% Horde, 45% Alliance).

Yes op is intentionally using bad numbers to push a false narrative. This has been established a few times.
From what I’ve seen, Alliance has more of the “I don’t raid/PvP/Mythic dungeon/interact with people, I only level alts/farm transmog/pet battle/lfr. Stop making me do anything challenging blizz! Clicking is just as good as binding!” crowd.

So I’m not really surprised.
Every 100 Hordes 51 are level 120

Every 100 Ally 38 are level 120
10/26/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Brax
Until you have some way of understanding accounts vs characters, active players vs inactive players, characters "on their way" to max level vs. those that were rolled specifically to be say bank or AH alts, etc. it's hard to make anything out of this data.

Supposedly they're based on AH use? My AH alt is 95. I don't use the AH on any other character, ever.

I've got 3 120s, a 118, a 116, 2 103s, a 95, a 60 and then 10 lower-level alts in the process of being leveled when I feel like playing that class, or when the friends I'm playing them with are on.

So what exactly does that say? Am I contributing 3 characters to the 120 horde? Or am I contributing 16 that aren't 120? How is that significant when I'm one player? Or am I only contributing one sub-120 since my AH alt is 95?

The numbers don't mean anything without context.
10/27/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Niteborn
Every 100 Hordes 51 are level 120

Every 100 Ally 38 are level 120

Wrong because you're trying to apply a meaning to the full 0-120 population that cannot actually be proven.

How many of those alliance are trial accounts camped at goldshire for example?
If it's based on AH use no wonder Neutral still says 0
10/27/2018 02:51 AMPosted by Pointyends
10/27/2018 02:12 AMPosted by Hypêrspace
there are no alliance guilds in the top 11. and that one just got busted for selling raid runs for real dollars. out of guilds listed, 9 are alliance.

All it tells me is that there are simply more and better motivated players on the Horde faction

Not something Blizzard can program in.

except if you look at past expansions (cata for example it was 11/9) then they started F'ing with racials and we're in the mess we're in today.

what's worse is they won't say a damn thing about trying to fix it because that'd be admitting they f'd 40% of the playerbase.
10/26/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Avokado
So many people that are failing basic comprehension.

Of all horde toons, 51% are max level.

Of all alliance toons, 38% are max level.

Before replying try to turn the brain on.

Did you expect more from GD?

People also upvote anything that even looks like it disproves something they don’t agree with even if it’s nonsense.
I'd be more interested in if they could map players "mains" instead of just all toons. To get an idea of what is actually played the most.

Like myself, i have multiple ally toons I've made with friends, and like 35 horde toons. But only my druid gets actively played. I think alts greatly skew their numbers.
10/26/2018 05:58 PMPosted by Gunny
What are the other 11%? Are they faction confused? Undecided? Do they get to wait to 120 to pick a faction? lol

No clue why 44 people upvoted your reading comprehension issues.

If you simply read hes talking about the percentage of each faction thats reached 120
The difference is clear once the Alliance realized they were getting outnumbered they turned off war mode.

And adding Zandalari and Vulperas will make things worst for the Alliance.
Characters. Not players.
10/26/2018 06:10 PMPosted by Averyx
ITT

-> People attack OP
-> Don't even comprehend or try to understand what OP is saying.

I could write a Thesis paper on Horde cognitive dissonance using the responses on the first page as well as many other examples, not even kidding.

It's pretty obvious to anyone with a brain what the OP is saying but people are acting like hes talking rocket science or quantum mechanics.