M+ meta is too tight

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Meta only really starts to apply at about +15. I'm at 1300 as a Prot Warrior, but I run with a fairly consistent group so we've learned how to deal with things as a unit.

It is pretty funny though if I try and pug because lots of people are incredibly wary / skeptical of the spec because it's got a really bad reputation.

If you wanna play a specific spec and push with it, I'd recommend putting together a group of familiars and then weeding people out as the keys get higher. If you're not trying to push 15s, the meta isn't going to affect you as much as people want to believe.
10/28/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Lilywind
as a bear, I feel you. I spent around 45 minutes yesterday being auto declined to groups for level 8 and 9 keys, even for dungeons I had already either timed or 2 chested on the level I was applying to do. at one point there was a group that had been waiting 36 minutes for a tank, and I was auto-declined. I guess for them it really was blood or nothing.

really does chap my butt that people will occasionally come here to these forums and complain about where all the tanks are at.. while simultaneously turning down capable tanks just because they're not dk's. in key levels that don't matter for meta!!

vent over. but really. class and spec balance has just been terrible this expansion, worst it has ever been. all I can do is hope that 8.1 will bring out some worthwhile improvements to everyone who needs it.

Most ppl want a carry don't sweat over it.

I get declined by ppl with half my io and experience at times.
Man I was healing a 10 underrot yesterday on one of my alts and for the first five minutes of the run, the group leader was complaining it would be impossible to complete on time without a rogue. Nah the only reason for that would be that guild group has no idea how to clear the trash to the first boss or skip around after the third because they’re so used to only doing it with a fotm class comp. it was kinda silly really because I’ve timed that place multiple times on several toons without a rogue in the group for shroud. 10’s are completely doable with most comps assuming the people you run with aren’t mental. I’m actually tired of getting declined for 9’s and 10’s on this toon every week...

Yeah yeah run your own keys I get that but I never have much luck with people even if I grab high scores because of reasons like stated above. I’ve had healers leave because no blood dk and I’ve had tanks leave because no mage... ah well such as it is I struggled in legion as well because I wasn’t marksman. Still managed to pug my way to a 3.1k score, even 2 chested some 20’s but couldn’t go any higher because of class meta
10/29/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Kuruptshun
10/29/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Therapybeard
Did a M+11 in time Motherload w/o death running. Just ran the standard route. Only deaths were at the start due to aggro on 2 packs and missing some explosives.
Think someone died on the 2nd boss as well because they let themselves get 10 stacks.

I don't think you need to do "skips" unless you're pushing cutting edge M 15+'s

I think the problem is that most people think they're "cutting edge".

This,
people think they are some super cool dude "my main has 900 rating io breh"
its the new association, for ducks. let the ducks quack, will you?
10/28/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Pyrinaria
I don't think it's the meta, it's the players in this game. A lot of them are autistic and obsessive (must have frost mage, blood DK, and rogue or it's impossible!). No matter what you'll do, these players will always have a few classes/specs they favor.

I'm sure with your ilvl and experience you can easily do +10s. In fact, you have done multiple +10s.

Can't blame the player when Blizzard allows such large damage imbalances. How Blizzard even allows some classes to get DPS as low as they get for longer then a week is beyond me. If it was close, I could see Blizzard being unsure if it was the player causing the problem but when DPS is not even in the same ball park..... something major is wrong.
10/29/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Ghensai
10/28/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Calabreezy
Today was the last straw. I decided to uninstall wow after being declined to multiple +10 pugs in lfg. My ilvl is 380, io is 900 and I play one of the highest simming specs, survival. However, because im not a rouge, frost mage, blood dk or strong range dps I get declined to every group. I cant believe how little has been done to address the imbalance in m+. Tuning in regards to numbers will never fix this when other classes design is just flat out better. The fault does not only lie with blizzard. Yes, 90% of the tuning is small numbers and not kit changes but the community is SOOO picky they are partly to blame as well. In conclusion the main reason I decided to quit is that class' are not balanced (kit not dps numbers) and that has created a m+ meta too small to be acceptable. I don't think blizzard is doing enough to fix this and for what its worth the whole expansion is just a legion reskin if im being brutal about it. cya in 8.1 becuz I never actually quit forever.

Id like the thank all the elitists for declining me, without you I never could have quit on my own!

You're 380 and only 900 IO? I'd decline you too... regardless of what class/spec you played.

You might cry about "not being able to play what you want", but that's a personal problem. You could play BM, you're just being whiny. You "want" to play survival, that's great, other people don't "want" to invite you because you play survival. Or because you're 380 with a 900 IO which means you're not very good, either.

By that logic I can say you are 378 and only 6/8 heroic which means you aren’t very good. IO score does not equal skill.
11/01/2018 04:09 AMPosted by Bigwade
10/29/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Ghensai

You're 380 and only 900 IO? I'd decline you too... regardless of what class/spec you played.

You might cry about "not being able to play what you want", but that's a personal problem. You could play BM, you're just being whiny. You "want" to play survival, that's great, other people don't "want" to invite you because you play survival. Or because you're 380 with a 900 IO which means you're not very good, either.

By that logic I can say you are 378 and only 6/8 heroic which means you aren’t very good. IO score does not equal skill.

I was gonna light this guy up too. Glad someone else noticed. Although he is from Barthilas so maybe that explains it.
FYI, the OP of this thread has since changed races from troll to tauren. I guess she hasn’t quit after all.
11/01/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Swillton
FYI, the OP of this thread has since changed races from troll to tauren. I guess she hasn’t quit after all.

Guess all the rejection was cuz she was an ugly troll and people want beef instead.
10/30/2018 09:46 AMPosted by Deuceofnq
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I'm not arguing about you taking whatever you want. I probably wouldn't do ML without some sort of skip on the last trash either. I'm just saying that some people go a little too overboard on this stuff.

It's funny looking at the LFG and seeing "+5 ML Checking Raider IO". It's like "really"?

I can't even count how many +2 or +4 shrines or TDs ive seen checking io. Its cancerous players like that who make people hate that addon/website.

Have you lost your mind? Those runs are the worst.
I just left a +6 shrine. We didn't even make it to the first boss and Shammy pulls Elemental between stairs, not a big problem right? We kill it. Havoc dh pulls Water Elemental plus both casters PLUS the guy that buffs them ... and someone got knocked back into the Spiritualists. We now have a water Elemental slamming us, all the mobs are buffed with damage reduction and cross healing. So i call out a reset.
We go back and clear it up ... while I'm waiting for the buff mob to head back up from the platform right before first boss, so i can pull him, the paladin body pulls Buff mob which aggros Spiritualust.
At this point I just left.
These are the kind of things that happen often enough to get picky about low keys.
A 380 Hunter with a 900 IO? Bruhh your d swings low and I'll have you in my group anytime!