IO pisses me off

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8
10/30/2018 12:40 AMPosted by Morvoth
10/30/2018 12:01 AMPosted by Rhun
The system is fair if you work on your lowest scores and give a crap about having a decent score for all your runs. your complaining about a system that isnt rewarding you for not participating.

Unfortunately you really can't participate because of this system, whether your class blows, like mine, or you aren't doing 8+ keys to get your score up, its a terrible system and excludes a lot of people. Not to mention most people with high scores are garbage and leave the moment something doesnt go perfectly.

Thats the biggest drawback, there is no punishment for leaving a key, just go to the next one, they need to implement a few days ban from M+ for leaving, I don't care if you think thats harsh, you thought it was ok to screw 4 other ppl out of a key, its ok you can't run a mythic dungeon for a few days.

Will never happen and you show how "intelligent" you are for even suggesting it.
I LOVE IO...Makes me not run with noobs. Best thing that happened to this game.

1k+ score or you not getting in my run homieeeees.
10/29/2018 10:50 PMPosted by Lull
I'm unsure if you have to make an account there to see it or not, but I noticed when I check my io profile, that it tells me which dungeons have a full leaderboard for my realm, and what level or time of key I have to beat to show there and improve my score.

If you are on a higher pop realm, you may want to put an effort into doing keys earlier in the week, instead of leaving it towards the end.
Yes, that's how it works, but it's flawed. It shouldn't matter what day I get a key done, if I finish it on time, it should count. Regardless. People that are on higher pop raiding realms shouldn't be at an automatic disadvantage.

Say I complete a +10 Siege on Tuesday morning before reset and you do too. Mine was almost 2 minutes ahead of yours, yet because you're on a low pop realm, yours counts and mine doesn't. The better run isn't counting because of the time in the week that it got run. That's stupid.

And that is why I only run with friends and guild members.
Invite someone from Bloodhoof, I don't think we filled out a top 100 for most dungeons last week
10/30/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Anacrussys
There is one thing for certain. Blizzard is losing a massive amount of subs specifically due to Raider IO. So many are quitting cause they can’t get in dungeon groups.

People just think any time they get declined for a group it's because of their score. Most of the time, it's probably not.
10/30/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Anacrussys
There is one thing for certain. Blizzard is losing a massive amount of subs specifically due to Raider IO. So many are quitting cause they can’t get in dungeon groups.
Most keyholders dont even use IO score as a benchmark for the key, its more of relevant experience (keys completed, highest done, highest failed).

People are getting declined because:
- 'Bad' / sub optimal class or spec in M+
- competition from Overgeared players in pug keys trying to farm a TF(thanks TF lovers for gear inflation)
- Playing melee in a melee saturated expansion
- Competition from players playing meta classes in pugs

Issue was prevalent even during Legion, its just more obvious now as class balance is at an all time low.
wow, this thread went places.

10/30/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Amisaalia
Invite someone from Bloodhoof, I don't think we filled out a top 100 for most dungeons last week

same with deathwing. i think once i seen the min key # get upto like +3 one week.
10/30/2018 12:47 AMPosted by Imacoo
That is so damn defeatist we all had a score of 0 at one point

this mentality is why people rage and go to the forums and start all these IO complaint posts. Raider.io is for people in for the long haul not for instant gratification and getting your 10clear for all your alts. if you want the easy way just buy a run.
10/31/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Rhun
10/30/2018 12:47 AMPosted by Imacoo
That is so damn defeatist we all had a score of 0 at one point

this mentality is why people rage and go to the forums and start all these IO complaint posts. Raider.io is for people in for the long haul not for instant gratification and getting your 10clear for all your alts. if you want the easy way just buy a run.

More or less the case. Having a good guild should be how you build up your base score with pugs being the rarity.

I considered selling mythic+ again but I find it more tedious then selling raids even if the payout is more.