Crazy Theory

General Discussion
Ner'zhul survived the Lich King's death.

When Sylvanas fell off the spire, his spirit fused with hers.

"Something in Sylvanas changed after Icecrown", one of her followers said.

She hates the living. Badly. And now she can raise the Undead with 0 issues?

Hm...

/tinfoil
10/30/2018 03:50 AMPosted by Melithiria

Hm...

/tinfoil

This is a real possibility
Maybe they put something in the Azerite.

<):{o
10/30/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Humanìty
This is a real possibility

Now I'm a bit scared.
I don't think so, unless somehow the destruction of Frostmourne somehow allowed Ner'Zhul's spirit to break free of the Crown.

Hm...

/tinfoil

This is actually pretty similar to my own working theory as well. Though the major difference is that because she landed on Saronite spikes - it may not be Ner'zhul, but Yog Saron mucking around in her head... but either way that's kinda how I'm seeing this shake out.
Crazy theory number two:

Frostmourne was Arthas's phylactery and his spirit still resides in the blades of the Fallen Prince

Supporting evudence: Arthas claimed Frostmourne before donning the Helm of Domination. We see shades of him during the Frost Dk campaign.

That's why he sees only darkness at the end in Icecrown

Except Ner'zhul getting weaker was what allowed Sylvanas and the Forsaken to break free of the Lich King's control.
In the book Rise of the Lich King. Arthas kills apart of himself and the part of Ner'zhul to claim the crown of the Lich King for himself.

After Arthas put on the LK helmet and completes his merger with Ner'zhul, he went into a deep sleep where he confronts his inner personalities, which was a child (version of himself) representing the little bit of good he had left, and the other being Ner'Zhul himself. He ended up killing both of them with Frostmourne.

After this happened he awoke.

Whether Ner'Zhul traits remain somehow in the Helm idk but id say he's dead and if some part of Ner'Zhul remains then so must Arthas , i think.
10/30/2018 04:28 AMPosted by Cognyack

Except Ner'zhul getting weaker was what allowed Sylvanas and the Forsaken to break free of the Lich King's control.

Wasn't that because Illidan cast a spell to kill the LK before he fused with Arthas? Then he got weaker where Sylvanas and the rest broke free. Arthas (LK fused) regained his strength. So it would stand that Ner'zhul could of survived Arthas downfall?
please stop trying to kill me, i'm not even evil now.

- the Lich King

- the Lich King
Oh I don't know about that. Have you done the entire DK class hall quest line in Legion?
10/30/2018 04:50 AMPosted by Moomadin

- the Lich King
Oh I don't know about that. Have you done the entire DK class hall quest line in Legion?

switched chars from gnarlsbeth sorry
hey man, i didn't write the class hall storyline. i'm just a crazy IRL guy who overidentifies with the Lich King character and thinks he shares a soul with me or something.

Hm...

/tinfoil

Ner'zhul never "died", where did you get that impression?

His voice is currently fused with Bolvar's...
10/30/2018 04:30 AMPosted by Kulrulk
Whether Ner'Zhul traits remain somehow in the Helm idk but id say he's dead and if some part of Ner'Zhul remains then so must Arthas , i think.

Didn't they both show up INSIDE the shards of Frostmourne during the Frost DK Artifact scenario?

Hm...

/tinfoil

hmm. possibly! what if bolvar has just succombed to the helm? i mean he is the keeper of the undead. even if he said he wouldn't control her, maybe he was lying and actually has no choice.
10/30/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Raelhorn
10/30/2018 04:30 AMPosted by Kulrulk

Didn't they both show up INSIDE the shards of Frostmourne during the Frost DK Artifact scenario?

this just gets more and more interesting
Nerzhul is the Lich King, Nerzhul is the Helm of Domination and Frostmourne.

The one that wears the helm and wields the blade is just the host that allows Nerzhul to further project his power and influence outside of the Frozen Throne.

Bolvar Fordragon is gone, he is not in control anymore.

Play the Death Knight storyline for Legion.
She’s corrupted by N’zoth and we’ll all help her get released and redeemed at the end of bfa and bla bla bla.

10/30/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Leowulf
Nerzhul is the Lich King, Nerzhul is the Helm of Domination and Frostmourne.

The one that wears the helm and wields the blade is just the host that allows Nerzhul to further project his power and influence outside of the Frozen Throne.

Bolvar Fordragon is gone, he is not in control anymore.

Play the Death Knight storyline for Legion.

Yeah, he seems more aggressive. But why would he be all happy and inviting if he was trying to keep people away from the scourge? His behavior is very fitting in comparison to the cinematic of when he put th helm on.
What would happen if the Nerzhul from WoD put the Helm of Domination on?