Did you guys think when you made quaking?

General Discussion
A silence for 4 seconds if i stand still while casting during fights? Did you guys actually think through this affix? Are the devs really bots?
Hello fellow high level shadow alt
Troll post?? The whole point is to stop casting to avoid the interrupt
Psssst You're supposed to stop casting before quaking finishes. Thats what makes it a challenge for casters.
This really just sounds to me like someone said "What would be the literally most annoying mechanic to make healers have to suffer through?"
lol every week this happens.

Yes, affixes make things more challenging.
10/30/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Snowfox
This really just sounds to me like someone said "What would be the literally most annoying mechanic to make healers have to suffer through?"

They already did that, it's called grevious.
10/30/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Aravyan
A silence for 4 seconds if i stand still while casting during fights? Did you guys actually think through this affix? Are the devs really bots?
Yes. They thought, “how can we modify the dungeon so that it would be more challenging in particular for casters.”

Turns out it worked.
10/30/2018 10:36 AMPosted by Dammekos

necrotic can be fairly annoying as well for some pulls.

but yes, grievous + any unavoidable damage is terrible
Is it different from Legion? Cause all you did was cast in between the pulse and basically ignored it outside of avoiding stacking the circles. One of the easier ones, for sure.
10/30/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Dammekos
Psssst You're supposed to stop casting before quaking finishes. Thats what makes it a challenge for casters.

95% of affixes are a burden for the healers though. rarely does it effect dps by the same proportion.
10/30/2018 10:36 AMPosted by Dammekos

I didn't even bother with grevious week screw that
10/30/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Comedy

95% of affixes are a burden for the healers though. rarely does it effect dps by the same proportion.

That's true to some extent because most mechanics punish bad play with damage. Quaking is often a dps peoblem for my group though because only one DPS I usually run with is ranged, but more often than not we have 3 melee dps. You can easily fan out with two melee +1 tank but its basically impossble with 4 people in melee.
I think ducks made it, quacking.
10/30/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Comedy

They just need to make a new affix that reduces your damage done by 50% for 5 seconds if you get hit, but does no damage by itself. Maybe that would be incentive enough for dps to dodge mechanics.

Then again, in the long run it just makes fights take longer, which ends up punishing the healer. Yep, healers can't win.
Are we really complaining about quaking now? Sure if you screw it up you'll get punished hard, but if you do it right its barely noticeable. Nevermind that this week is one of the easiest affix combinations we have had, better complain about it anyway.

Stop being bad.