Is our class desirable for Mythic+ dungeons?

Warlock
I am a Destro Warlock. If I am not a spec that people want, please let me know before I put all my efforts into getting to level 120 endgame! I heard about a shadow priest being rejected because of their spec and it made me nervous. Thank you.
10/31/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Christlocke
I am a Destro Warlock. If I am not a spec that people want, please let me know before I put all my efforts into getting to level 120 endgame! I heard about a shadow priest being rejected because of their spec and it made me nervous. Thank you.

You will face rejection no matter what you do .... it's life. learning how to cope is what is important.
You'll always be rejected by some, accepted by some. Fact is there's a lot of competition. Class is not the only factor, DPS is the most played role in the game and there's only so many spots

I'm 383 ilevel with 1315 io score, 3/8M, and I play all 3 specs. I get quickly accepted sometimes, or just rejected other times whether it's Heroic Uldir, or a dungeon. It's just a fierce competition
10/31/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Ghazgkul
You'll always be rejected by some, accepted by some. Fact is there's a lot of competition. Class is not the only factor, DPS is the most played role in the game and there's only so many spots

I'm 383 ilevel with 1315 io score, 3/8M, and I play all 3 specs. I get quickly accepted sometimes, or just rejected other times whether it's Heroic Uldir, or a dungeon. It's just a fierce competition

fierce competition at 383 ilvl and 1315 io score?? for H Uldir? hard to believe

there is definitely fierce competition when doing +10s and youre not 1k IO, though.

warlocks are great to bring along in your group because of portal skip/health stones/soulstone and aff lock is in most of the worlds best groups. but you're going to get denied to groups because everybody expects you to have raider.io but you cant get it without getting into groups so have fun!
My impressions on current state:
We are good dps wise, there are classes way worse than ours (my feral druid can attest that) .
As an affliction our multitarget dps is lacking
We bring utility (summons and brez come in handy), also shadow fury
Mythic+? Fel hunter is your pet.
DPS are a dime a dozen, so, rejection is expected.
in terms of pugging mythic plus, warlocks are.....mid tier i would say. Rogues, warriors, mages, and demon hunters will be snatched up first. After those 4, warlocks are near the top of the list.

So overall, in terms of being accepted into mythic + pugs, warlocks are not the best but still pretty darn good.
stadisticts matter

http://bestkeystone.com/
10/31/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Adamswagem
fierce competition at 383 ilvl and 1315 io score?? for H Uldir? hard to believe

there is definitely fierce competition when doing +10s and youre not 1k IO, though.

You'd be surprised how many groups I get denied from for various reasons, and that includes H Uldir. Oh I'll certainly find one that I get accepted into, but just because of my io and ilevel, I don't get a free pass into H Uldir or some m+ groups.

ie, for all I know there's too many dang ranged DPS in that group and they need some melee or whatever
Or maybe they only got space for 1 more dps and some big fat rogue or mage with say 390 ilevel, 8/8M, and 1.8k io score showed up and they decided to take him.

Same with my Death Knight last expansion, when he was 982 equipped ilevel with 3.5k io score and 10/11M Antorus he too was denied from many groups.

Anyway, my point is that there's always going to be another person there in the world of pugs whom you can get passed over for and that's just how it always is.
Destro middle to lower keys, demo and affliction upper.
10/31/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Christlocke

Warlocks as a class are not preferred that's for sure. Other classes like the ones mentioned above get priority. Our dmg in m+ is not the best (no matter the spec) and although we have a brez it's a timed cast that can be interrupted either by mechanics or we're forced to stop it in order to avoid stuff. We don't have lust or a reliable long cc (that's probably the most important). Shadowfury and healthstones is basically what we bring to the group. Portal can be useful but it's by no means necessary in m+.

Stick with destruction though. It does well in both low and higher keys.
Perfect example yestrday i made grp for normal mythic freehold and just needed one dps.. to my surprise bunch high ilvl people signed up.. i took the 377 rogue and all the rest 360s where probabaly aaying wtf im not high enough for normal mythic?? But its not that they would of done fine but someone higher came along
Top 3 dps classes in BFA in order are 1. DHs 2. Rogues 3. Mages. This classes feel mandatory because all the utility and damage they have in their toolkits, 2 of them are being nerfed next patch, i predict rogues will be nerfed too.
Warlocks are in the middle of the pack, the lack of AoE prevent to be on the top 3 classes for m+.
Excellent info, everybody! Thank you very much. I didn't know about "http://bestkeystone.com/"

I am gaining 1 level a day. If I push myself, I might be Level 120 by Sunday! I take your comments seriously. You are right about rejection :)

I have always wanted to try Demon Hunter. I love using AOE! Once I have my warlock at 120, I will start bringing up a DH at the same time so that I have improved options.