Why the complaints?

General Discussion
The people that complain about base mythic dungeons, why do you complain?

It isnt hard to get into them, speaking as a rather casual player. Just form your own group if you want to run them. They arent that difficult and at this point in time the only reason they would be is if your soing them as a fresh 120 or a group of people at 325.

Complaining about the story behind them? Again just run the dungeon for crying out loud. They arent that tough to do if you read the journal or are geared.
maybe read the 400+ post discussion on the topic?
Are people complaining about M0 difficulty?
Oh boy, this forum is going to be on fire when they release Classic.
Because God forbid they have to actually form a group in a MMO instead of just pushing a button, but I'm here to tell you getting into a mythic dungeon also just requires pushing buttons just a couple more.
Step 1 open groupfinder
Step 2 start a group
Step 3 type dungeon you want
Step 4 list dungeon
Step 5 add people

Now I understand this requires a couple extra buttons to push an maybe just maybe having to talk to someone you will probably never speak with again but I believe you can do it.

I have given you all the requirements to do mythic dungeons go forth an conquer my fearful adventures
They put LFR in the game so people can see the story and the content. Then they lock the story behind mythic content. I have no desire to run any mythic dungeon, i think they are a waste of time and the people you pug with are normally asshats.

I would however que for the normal or heroic version to see how the story plays out, but as long as it is in mythic i don't care if i ever see it.
11/01/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Mvura

I have. They all literally complain about the same thing. Because they percieve it as being difficult or they cant queue through the dungeon finder they wont do it.

If it comes down to the later option, then really its just laziness. If its the former option, then just give it a shot. Try it before you complain.
I think people hear "mythic" and automatically think "Oh wow, this content is probably way harder than heroic dungeons!" I was pugging them starting at 311 yesterday, the content just isn't nearly as difficult or time consuming as people assume it is. I completely understand not wanting to deal with M+, but M0 is only a tiny uptick from heroic dungeons.

I also attempted a +2 yesterday with a group who struggled with the concept of CC'ing adds and using interrupts, so there's also always the deadly combination of a lack of patience and gross incompetence.
Many complaint threads about this (not all) are quite amusing because the person assumes that since they’re called ‘mythics’ that they’re actually the hardest content in the game or something.
11/01/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Rustyus
The people that complain about base mythic dungeons, why do you complain?

It isnt hard to get into them, speaking as a rather casual player. Just form your own group if you want to run them. They arent that difficult and at this point in time the only reason they would be is if your soing them as a fresh 120 or a group of people at 325.

Complaining about the story behind them? Again just run the dungeon for crying out loud. They arent that tough to do if you read the journal or are geared.

No one is complaining about mythic or mythic+ 0-5. The unbearable toxicity starts at 5 and up.

Problem is, the gear in 1-5 is useless. Even WQ's drop better stuff.

Part of the problem is bad ivl design. They tried to make this more of a time gate, the problem is, they turned that dial too far and people aren't enthused, immersed or interested enough to support the "grind".

After weeks of miserable experience in mythic+ queues, I was typically getting a 6 or 7 done and yet NEVER was my chest item usable. The last chest I got shoulders from which I had literally already found a dozen 340+ shoulders. It just makes no sense to spend that much time each week with NOTHING to show for it. No valor, no gold, nothing incremental at all. And since warfronts and islands are ungodly boring, there isn't much left too do. Raiding uldir 2 nights a week, wondering if enough people will show up, isn't gonna keep me playing, not by a longshot.

Just very poor loot design BFA. I think that is the underlying problem aggravating everything else.

It's what's turning me off faster than anything.

Also have yet to get anything with a bonus token and at 2k for the first one, I don't bother anymore.
11/01/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Mvura

I mean, it was a good discussion.

I disagreed hard with them on the first post, but the op still did a good debate.

That's respect worthy... though.. admittedly.. the thread is nearing cap.
11/01/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Warpstone
i think they are a waste of time and the people you pug with are normally asshats.

*Player 5 joins the group"
Player5: "hello"
Player3: "hey"
Player5: "can you summon?"
*Summon Pending*
Player5: "thanks"

Then literally no one talks unless it's the tank saying something like, "going Dino, Priest, Troll, then Spider" (Atal'Dazar).

Here what happens when you wipe for whatever:
*group dies*
*no one talks, they just run back and pull again*

Here's what happens when you wipe on a boss and someone made a critical mistake:
*Player4 killed by Pursuit*
Player1: "You need to run away if you get targeted."

There's my experience in the past 50 or so Mythic+ runs I've done with all PUGs. To be as transparent as possible, I've only had 1 jerk in the gorup, and that was me leaving a Mythic0 because I had limited time and we wiped to the first boss in King's Rest 5 times. The leader of the group was dropping Gold Spit under the boss, despite telling him specifically to not do that for the past 15min.

"Good luck"
*leaves group*
My question would be why take something that had been solo content and put a requirement on end that not only has group content but no way to que? What’s the reasoning behind it. To show there boss that everyone love mystic dungeons because people have done it once?
I think a lot of it is that a lot of people have decided, for whatever reason, that Mythics are too "hardcore" and they don't want to participate in that content. Because they've never tried it, they don't realize how easy a M0 really is. Honestly they're so easy I think they could just remove Heroic dungeons altogether and put M0 in the Dungeon Finder.
11/01/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Xarron
My question would be why take something that had been solo content and put a requirement on end that not only has group content but no way to que? What’s the reasoning behind it. To show there boss that everyone love mystic dungeons because people have done it once?

Making or joining a group isn't really all that more complicated than queuing (at least for M0). Just have to get summoned or know where the entrance is.

As for the reasoning... Probably simply to nudge people toward at least checking out the other systems the game has to offer. Since it isn't really difficult, I don't really disagree.

I mean if all you really wanted to see was the story and didn't want to spend any time at all doing it, you can always just watch on youtube.
11/01/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Atroxx
I think a lot of it is that a lot of people have decided, for whatever reason, that Mythics are too "hardcore" and they don't want to participate in that content. Because they've never tried it, they don't realize how easy a M0 really is. Honestly they're so easy I think they could just remove Heroic dungeons altogether and put M0 in the Dungeon Finder.

Mythic 0 is like a what Heroic is to Normal. It's still super easy. Content really doesn't get challenging until you get that 3rd affix. Some players struggle on +4/+5/+6 and that's fine. But, personally, I found LFR to be more difficult than Mythic0.
11/01/2018 09:45 AMPosted by Cyouskin
Mythic 0 is like a what Heroic is to Normal. It's still super easy. Content really doesn't get challenging until you get that 3rd affix.
What may be challenging to you may not be challenging to others. Some folks, do not even want to bother with the challenge. There's no reason why there couldn't have been a Heroic and Mythic variant of SoB and KR.
11/01/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Raicolette
Mythic 0 is like a what Heroic is to Normal. It's still super easy. Content really doesn't get challenging until you get that 3rd affix.
What may be challenging to you may not be challenging to others. Some folks, do not even want to bother with the challenge. There's no reason why there couldn't have been a Heroic and Mythic variant of SoB and KR.

Then someone would probably complain that Heroic SoB and KR were too hard.

Not trying to be snarky. Its just the truth. Personally though, I'm not against having hurdles in the game. It is a game after all. There are hurdles out there that I'm unlikely to want to do ever. I accept it honestly.

Designer's choice.

Also, yeah, people are better and worse than me. It's fine. I get it. Objectively, Mythic0 is easy. It might be a bit harder for someone who isn't used to playing outside of LFD because you aren't getting your +15% Damage/Healing/Health bonus.
<span class="truncated">...</span>What may be challenging to you may not be challenging to others. Some folks, do not even want to bother with the challenge. There's no reason why there couldn't have been a Heroic and Mythic variant of SoB and KR.

Then someone would probably complain that Heroic SoB and KR were too hard.

Not trying to be snarky. Its just the truth. Personally though, I'm not against having hurdles in the game. It is a game after all. There are hurdles out there that I'm unlikely to want to do ever. I accept it honestly.
That would be a invalid statement as the Heroic dungeons are in the LFG and considered casual by many. Further along that, Mythic is geared towards being the highest challenge there is.

Using that logic, that's the same reasoning that folks think the use of Windmills should be illegal. It just doesn't make sense.

11/01/2018 09:53 AMPosted by Cyouskin
...What may be challenging to you may not be challenging to others. Some folks, do not even want to bother with the challenge. There's no reason why there couldn't have been a Heroic and Mythic variant of SoB and KR.

Designer's choice.

Also, yeah, people are better and worse than me. It's fine. I get it. Objectively, Mythic0 is easy. It might be a bit harder for someone who isn't used to playing outside of LFD because you aren't getting your +15% Damage/Healing/Health bonus.
Designer's choice shouldn't be a common norm that's just accepted when story development is locked behind it. We're all paying to play the same game and it wouldn't have been a issue if the dungeons had a Heroic difficulty and you could queue a LFG Heroic of it.
11/01/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Xarron

If you are talking about the end of the Jaina story, I completely agree. There is zero reason to make Alliance have to run a mythic to see the end of their story, particularly when the horde do not have to do so.