FPS is so bad

General Discussion
FPS is so bad BFA has killed wow for me and now the FPS is down to 25 im so done with this game love you all bye
Huh? Details please.
mmm i am at 100 plus . give us some info so we can try to help :D
If you have a multicore system. Which odds are you do in 2018, this is getting fixed in patch 8.1

Because it took till 2018 for Bliz to put Multicore support into Wow. Yeah.
11/01/2018 11:48 PMPosted by Harlekìn
If you have a multicore system. Which odds are you do in 2018, this is getting fixed in patch 8.1

i didnt know this
I dont understand, the tried to help you and then stated something must have changed on your end for such an abrupt fps loss. If, for example, you were playing on a laptop not having the charger in drastically lowers FPS. On that same token, if you changed a setting/was auto changed (shadows in particular), then FPS losses happen. Similarly, not resetting addons such as Skada/Recount somewhat frequently can lead to drops.

Its not BFA, something with your system changed in someway or one of your applications is the cause.
thx
11/01/2018 11:41 PMPosted by Jetiam
FPS is so bad BFA has killed wow for me and now the FPS is down to 25 im so done with this game love you all bye

If it's primarily in the BfA specific zones (Uldir and Boralus in particular), part of that is because the art team went waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overboard on the poly count. Really nice looking, but it does take a significant toll on even the most beast mode rig out there.

Some of that performance loss will be mitigated come 8.1 when Blizzard starts putting in the multithreading code. It won't all come at once, but in bits and pieces. But it'll be a start to WoW performing more like a modern game and less like an ancient dinosaur.

When your PC is a potato, expect potato performance. You can't blame blizzard because your PC is as old as some of the displays in a museum.
I have never had an issue with FPS in WoW. I will pulling in 50-70 in various Legion zones and I am seeing similar results in BFA. When they released the multicore support upgrade, anyone with a computer made in the last 20 years should see an upgrade from that.

So of your FPS loss could be do to the removal of the "full screen" support, it was replaced with full screen windowed mode. I always run in the full screen windowed mode so I wouldn't notice any difference between the two.
11/01/2018 11:51 PMPosted by Jetiam

i didnt know this

This is what happens when you don't research and instead get upset and QQ man.
Your computer needs to git gud......

i didnt know this

There's a caveat to this though, your gpu has to support Direct X 12. Just a heads up!
I get it, g'huun makes my computer cry too but that's no reason to quit
The only time I really see my computer's age is in the initial IoC workshop fight. Until some people die, its extremely choppy.

i didnt know this

So are you BACK!?

That sucks. My fps is fine. But yeah, it is all BfA's fault you have bad fps. Here is a little tip for you. They were always going to make it full windowed mode no matter what the next expansion was going to be. It could be the best one ever and they still would have added DX12 Windowed Full Screen.
You can play fine on FPS less than 25 I do it every day, not perfect but can be done
11/02/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Bojanglz

That sucks. My fps is fine. But yeah, it is all BfA's fault you have bad fps. Here is a little tip for you. They were always going to make it full windowed mode no matter what the next expansion was going to be. It could be the best one ever and they still would have added DX12 Windowed Full Screen.
This right here. Sure I get around 100+ fps steady in older zones, but it drops to 80 the moment I go into BFA content.

And this is ignoring that blackops 4 is a steady 143 fps.