When will WoW be on consoles?

General Discussion
I'm surprised no one asked this at Blizzcon. I really respect that other mmo's have been successful on consoles and wonder what Blizzard's working on to ever make WoW console ready.

And before anyone goes wild, it's just an inquiry. I realize there'd be so many changes it'd be difficult to make it a success. But Blizzard are innovators, maybe they are further towards the goal of pc/console union than any of us might think possible.

What do you all think? Would it be interesting to hear their thoughts on the issue? Is it too big of trade secrets to even go there?
WoW's interface is not compatible with Console. The combat is made for keyboard in mind PLUS this would just divide resources for an unsuccesful project PLUS required subscription would be awful for Console players. That's why Elder Scrolls Online made it optional
It'll go mobile first......
Never.
Never, i would hope. Console conversion killed Marvel Heroes, rather not lose WoW to the same massive trim job.
While there are many things that would make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, one of the big things IMO is addons. Addons are virtually required to do well at a lot of different aspects and are a huge, yet unoffical, part of the game. I just don't see addons being accessible to console players of wow. They'd be at a huge disadvantage and be missing out on a lot of potential customization as well.
we need wow battle royale on mobile.
seriously, i cant imagine playing wow using a joystick, i would love to play using my playstation joystick but i think its impossible.
11/04/2018 02:30 AMPosted by Timberheart
WoW's interface is not compatible with Console. The combat is made for keyboard in mind PLUS this would just divide resources for an unsuccesful project PLUS required subscription would be awful for Console players. That's why Elder Scrolls Online made it optional

There are addons and apps that can play WoW with a controller, it works fine actually I can do pretty well with it for most casual content. The only thing you can't do well with it is healing a wide number of targets in a raid, 5-man parties are alright though I wouldn't rely on it for Mythic+ Dungeons.
11/04/2018 02:25 AMPosted by Manhammer
I'm surprised no one asked this at Blizzcon. I really respect that other mmo's have been successful on consoles and wonder what Blizzard's working on to ever make WoW console ready.

And before anyone goes wild, it's just an inquiry. I realize there'd be so many changes it'd be difficult to make it a success. But Blizzard are innovators, maybe they are further towards the goal of pc/console union than any of us might think possible.

What do you all think? Would it be interesting to hear their thoughts on the issue? Is it too big of trade secrets to even go there?

It will only be on console and phones soon. Didn't you hear PC games are a thing of the past.
i hope wow never hits consoles. its bad enough we have clickers to deal with. the last thing we need are mouth breathers with joysticks.
I hope this game never goes console. I have been playing PC games since Perils of Rosella and Leisure Suit Larry.

Pong in the '70s but then that was a console plugged into a TV. I was quickly addicted.
You want to play an MMO on or with console players? Go and try FF14. Seriously, try it.

I have nothing good to say about console people who play MMO.

Reaction time and turn around time are so slow. Even telegraphed incoming damage they can't avoid (Look up Titan Extreme fight or Ravana Extreme)

Reaction, Performance (DPS and Heal) are terrible; when it comes to buttons because they have to 'flip' their bars. Some don't even do it or don't know you can flip bars so they don't hot key stuff.

Loading time, loading detail, processing power = slow. Doesn't see boss or enemy sprites during world bosses or in their terms S rank hunts.

Can't mouseover resulting in killing themselves because they can't see, or don't know about 'reflect debuff' on the boss (reflect 100% physical or magic damage) (Boss type; Hellsclaw, and the other S-Rank one in Mor'Dona I forgot the name)
They were asked at PAX this year and they said no. No reason to ask again a few months later.

https://www.dualshockers.com/world-warcraft-heroes-storm-consoles-nope/
They have been pruning for a while
11/04/2018 02:25 AMPosted by Manhammer

We just had out third round of skill system and mechanic dumbing down. I think they need 2 more before they can dumb it down enough for the console simpletons.
With Xbox having a native keyboard and mouse API, I think its only a matter of "when". Consoles would open the door to many more players. The question is how do you support addons?
WoW on consoles has been brought up many times over the years. I think, like others have noted, the big constraint is taking a keyboard/mouse game and making it to work with a very constrained controller.

That said....

11/04/2018 05:27 AMPosted by Polaroid
With Xbox having a native keyboard and mouse API, I think its only a matter of "when". Consoles would open the door to many more players. The question is how do you support addons?
... if this is true, that Xbone supports keyboards and mice, then there's really no reason not to have WoW on the consoles.
They update way to frequently for a console system. I remember back when I played The Division the huge issues they had with maintaining both PC and two different console platforms. Plus you would have to redesign the interface and I doubt many UI mods would be willing to jump thru the effort of porting and dealing with console app approval.
11/04/2018 04:26 AMPosted by Tatsumaki
You want to play an MMO on or with console players? Go and try FF14. Seriously, try it.

I have nothing good to say about console people who play MMO.

Reaction time and turn around time are so slow. Even telegraphed incoming damage they can't avoid (Look up Titan Extreme fight or Ravana Extreme)

Reaction, Performance (DPS and Heal) are terrible; when it comes to buttons because they have to 'flip' their bars. Some don't even do it or don't know you can flip bars so they don't hot key stuff.

Loading time, loading detail, processing power = slow. Doesn't see boss or enemy sprites during world bosses or in their terms S rank hunts.

Can't mouseover resulting in killing themselves because they can't see, or don't know about 'reflect debuff' on the boss (reflect 100% physical or magic damage) (Boss type; Hellsclaw, and the other S-Rank one in Mor'Dona I forgot the name)

I did Thordan EX and A8-12S on ps4 on my paladin and warrior sooooo your argument seems incredibly bias.
11/04/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Caelin
I doubt many UI mods would be willing to jump thru the effort of porting and dealing with console app approval.

That'll definitely be an issue.
And also the fact that CPUs on consoles are really weak.
Would be surprised if consoles were even able to keep a stable 30 fps in WoW.

If a console edition was announced, I can easily image many threads requesting console players to have their own unique servers and not grouped with PC players.
Or "no console players" will probably added to the group description in LFG on top of "checking raider io" lol