Why are we still paying $15/month?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
11/04/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Balefor
11/04/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Kardiaco
Don't get me wrong, I love WoW, but I just never understood why Blizz never made the attempt to half their monthly price in order to get players to come back. And I know for a fact that more people would try the full version of WoW if the game wasn't so pricey... I know first hand from trying to get friends to play with me.

As a high school student with car payments and insurance and such, it isn't always easy for me to pay for the game... but of course I love the game so I make do. I just don't understand why we're paying this much for a game (that's way past its prime) that would be worth as much as a gym membership or any other hobby that would probably benefit us more.

Edit: No where did I say the game should be free to play- don't know where people got that

Would you rather per per Patch like other MMO?

Well, what other MMO's are you talking about? I've played some that don't charge as much as WoW- but yet, aren't as fun
11/04/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Shinsmacker
Don't you have a job?

I have a cell phone. That's all that really matters for Blizz.
11/04/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Felyuda
A dollar in 2004 is worth 33.6% more today.

The price of the sub has never gone up. So realistically a $15 sub should cost ~$20.05 today.

Also you can pay for your sub with gold.

This. Technicallly our sub is cheaper than 10 years ago because of this.
That with the fact you can pay for a sub with in game gold, I’d say is a pretty fair price to play WoW.
11/04/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Ghuldokk
11/04/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Kardiaco

Then I suppose it's nothing more than up to opinion!

/thread

It is not up to opinion. $15 a month for a game like WoW is an excellent deal.

As someone pointed out, blizzard could very much so easily increase the price to $20 to compensate for inflation, however the price has not moved. What makes you say that WoW isn't worth the $15 a month?

Saying it's an excellent deal IS an opinion. Saying it's not worth it is an opinion also. And, my whole thing is that I feel that WoW doesn't have the content to keep up with the $15.
11/04/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Kardiaco
11/04/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Ghuldokk

It is not up to opinion. $15 a month for a game like WoW is an excellent deal.

As someone pointed out, blizzard could very much so easily increase the price to $20 to compensate for inflation, however the price has not moved. What makes you say that WoW isn't worth the $15 a month?

Saying it's an excellent deal IS an opinion. Saying it's not worth it is an opinion also. And, my whole thing is that I feel that WoW doesn't have the content to keep up with the $15.

Hahahahah that is simply incorrect. You pay a $15 per month to play all of current content and unrestricted access to older content which is still relevant, you can still go back and farm mounts you don't have, you can still grab a profession and gather mats to sell to other people, there is still plenty to do.

Look at your achieves and try to tell me you've done all of older contents. You haven't.

I would love to see you play eve online. Oh boy.
11/04/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Kardiaco
$15 is fair for a month of entertainment, but is it fair for WoW is my question

Why wouldn't it be? I pay that much to watch a 2 hour movie without snacks. I get far more than 2 hours worth of entertainment out of this game a month.

If you think like $0.50 a day/$3.50 a week is a bit too much for this game, IDK what to tell you, man. Go play something else.
11/04/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Ghuldokk

Hahahahah that is simply incorrect. You pay a $15 per month to play all of current content and unrestricted access to older content which is still relevant, you can still go back and farm mounts you don't have, you can still grab a profession and gather mats to sell to other people, there is still plenty to do.

Look at your achieves and try to tell me you've done all of older contents. You haven't.

I would love to see you play eve online. Oh boy.

Wow, that is a pretty good argument! Never thought of it like that!
The price has been the same since WoW launched 14 years ago. If anything, based on inflation, the price should have increased.
11/04/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Båkkag
The price has been the same since WoW launched 14 years ago. If anything, based on inflation, the price should have increased.

No point in saying this anymore.
OP will never understand.
11/04/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Felyuda
A dollar in 2004 is worth 33.6% more today.

The price of the sub has never gone up. So realistically a $15 sub should cost ~$20.05 today.

Also you can pay for your sub with gold.

This implies wages have kept up with inflation which they haven't....
11/04/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Murik

;)

Lol, I sure wish the Auto industry worked like WoW. I need a new car soon. The 2018 version of the one I bough new in 2011 is almost $10k more than it was... and it really isn't that big an improvement aside from being shinier!
Not one hour ago and there was another thread wondering why Blizzard doesn't up the price. Now this thread, wondering why they don't cut it in half.

Ying. Yang.

All is well I suppose.
11/04/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Båkkag

Lol, I sure wish the Auto industry worked like WoW. I need a new car soon. The 2018 version of the one I bough new in 2011 is almost $10k more than it was... and it really isn't that big an improvement aside from being shinier!

Lol right?
Maybe when he graduates high school he will begin to understand.
No one understands how inflation and wage stagnation works apparently.
11/04/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Murik

Lol right?

Maybe!
11/04/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Murik

Lol right?

Mocking people in high school when you don't understand wage stagnation? Color me surprised.
$15 bucks a month is still a steal.

Been to thee movies lately?
11 buckaroos a ticket. ;)
11/04/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Sepp
$15 bucks a month is still a steal.

Been to thee movies lately?
11 buckaroos a ticket. ;)

I have not been to the movies for that reason! I work at a video store so I get to watch everything for <$4.
11/04/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Weili
Because F2P games suck, and games with a sub model are a far better model.

The only issue with this is somehow I feel like when I was stuck on F2P mobile games in a hospital bed for a month last year, I had to grind less to progress without using microtransactions than I do in wow now.