Why Zandalari Warlocks SHOULD be playable.

General Discussion
So earlier today, our favorite CM posted on Zandalari Warlocks and Kul Tiran Mages. Sadly... he said that Zandalari Warlocks are un-lorefriendly.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769549118
11/06/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Ythisens
Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks.

Now this is actually inaccurate. The reason why is because of some old lore from Vanilla WoW. Specifically, the Zandalari Demoniacs. The Zandalari Demoniacs consorted with demons, and actually started to traverse into Demon Hunter territory, by taking demons into themselves to gain their power.

Now I encourage everyone to actually read these links themselves, but I've quoted what I found to be the most important.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac
- "The Zandalari demoniacs take treading dangerous ground in dealing with demons one step further. Through an ancient and arcane ritual, they allow a demon to enter their being. Rather than let it possess them though, they enslave the demon from the inside, absorbing the power of the beast for their own command"
This is actually quite warlocky. In fact, the Warlocks have a similar ability as a talent, called the Grimoire of Sacrifice.
https://www.wowhead.com/spell=108503/grimoire-of-sacrifice

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Al%27tabim_the_All-Seeing
- In Vanilla, adventurers could do quests for this Envoy of Rastakhan to receive Warlock Armor. He also has Warlock-like spells that are very much in line with the Affliction and Destruction specs.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Zandalar_Demoniac%27s_Robe
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Paragons_of_Power:_The_Demoniac%27s_Wraps
- "Warlocks tread dangerous ground in dealing with demons, but our demoniacs take this one step further. Through an ancient and arcane ritual, they allow a demon to enter their being."

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Paragons_of_Power:_The_Demoniac%27s_Mantle
- "More than one of our demoniacs has lost a fight with a demon; with our enemies threatening us - especially in Zul'Gurub - the power that a demoniac is able to unleash on our foes is worth the sacrifice."

Additionally, Takiyanti made these good points:
11/06/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Takiyanti
1) We know that Zandalari are willing to make pacts with more dangerous powers for power themselves. Look at how many Zandalari are essentially working in service to G'huun. Look at how quickly Rastakhan made that pact with Bwonsamdi when the conditions were right? You as a player in Zandalar make a pact with a loa as well, gaining their boon. Making pacts with demons for the Zandalar would be no different than pacts with the Blood God, or pacts with the loa.

2) Back in Vanilla, Zandalari had demoniacs ( https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac ), which were Zandalari who trafficked in fel magics and essentially enslaved demons inside of themselves. They are no strangers to dark and fel magics. Additionally, the flavor text for Unjari Feltongue suggests she and other Darkspear get their power from a darker, and more horrible source.

3) The whole curse vibe that warlocks have fits perfectly with Zandalari a la Tauren Sunwalkers, in that they have classes that totally aren't the same, but would be the same for gameplay purposes. I thought that was the whole reasoning for Darkspear warlocks as well? Darkspear warlocks are more akin to witch doctors than fel users like Orcs. They traffic in dark and perverted magics, but they do so ostensibly for the benefit of themselves and their kin. Witch Doctors will curse their enemies, and use dark voodoo to empower themselves. Sounds like a warlock by another name to me.

Q&A

"But Malk, this is too obscure of a reference!
A: Incorrect. The Zandalari Demoniacs were never retconned. In an argument as to whether or not something is lore-friendly, all currently canon lore matters.

"They have never appeared in game. This is a bad argument."
A lot of things never appeared in game, and then were added or accounted for. The Pandaren were a joke race, and then they were suddenly playable. Pandaria, too.
Some things never existed to begin with, and then were just farted out - Void Elves, anyone?

"Yeah whatever, but the Zandalari have no connection to the fel. That's a more recent statement."
So first of all, I'll point to Question 1. Secondly...

Worgen Warlocks would like to say hi. What connection do the Gilneans have to the fel? Their only exposure was during the second war, and not in any noteworthy numbers.
And then they built a wall. So frankly, they missed out the most important exposure of all - the Third War's Demon Invasion, and everything afterwards.

"Demoniacs aren't Warlocks.
Yeah, and Tide Priests really aren't Shaman (or Priests). Sunwalkers are not Paladins. Worgen Druids weren't actually Druids. The Shadowmoon Clan (Mag'har) didn't train Priests.
Even if you argued that they'd still need training to be playable, I can beat that too.
- Monks in general. Worgen Druids again.

*Alright, so I know this doesn't read well. I'm refining it. Edits are mostly spelling errors.
Cant upvote this enough. Panda can learn everyone how to be monk but no one can teach them fel magic??
Its actually unacceptable that every non hero class is not playable by the EXPANSION THEMED allied races.
While I'm all for you getting your Zand warlocks, do we need 10 threads about this? Can't just keep posting in the one with the Blizz status that will inadvertantly be opened by more people BECAUSE it has Blizz status?
No.
Reasons why they SHOULDN'T be playable:

Blizzard said so.
11/06/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Dvis
While I'm all for you getting your Zand warlocks, do we need 10 threads about this? Can't just keep posting in the one with the Blizz status that will inadvertantly be opened by more people BECAUSE it has Blizz status?

I've got an actual, full argument to make here, as opposed to a tiny 2-sentence post.
Putting something this long in that thread would (imo) derail it, and also instantly be drowned out by the new and frequent posts in that thread.

This way, my argument is actually on the forum page (for a little while anyway), and it is the first post people will see when they click on this thread.
Here's a thing though -
They reference them in lore, but we've never seen a Demoniac in the game, and that sort of magic would, if anything, fall under the category of Zul's followers, not the Loa worshipers of the Zandalari Empire under Rastakhan/Talanji.

If you want a troll warlock, play a Darkspear. Warlock magic isn't a part of the Zandalari identity. Be grateful they added paladins.
Guys, this is beautiful, don't immediately shut this down, what we are seeing is the beginning of the new "High Elf" threads, lets just soak this in. This'll be the forums for the next two weeks.
Panda Death Knights > Other Race-Class Combo issues.

Give us Panda Death Knights.
11/06/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Malkarus
The Zandalari Demoniacs consorted with demons, and actually started to traverse into Demon Hunter territory, by taking demons into themselves to gain their power.

Well Warlocks can no longer do this cause blizzard hacked demo up and gave DH all their abilities, so no you cant have Zandalari Locks it makes no sense anymore.

Warlocks control demons from the twisting nether they do not become them any more, its !@#$ i know but that's the lore behind it now.
Demoniacs and Warlocks are not the same thing; ergo the Zandalari don't have them available. If you were asking for a Demon Hunter option, which would be much closer to the actual Demoniacs from lore, then you'd be onto something.
11/06/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Gnerdie
Demoniacs and Warlocks are not the same thing; ergo the Zandalari don't have them available.

Yeah, and Tide Priests really aren't Shaman (or Priests)
I agree. Give the Zandalari Warlocks, and while we're on the subject of correcting Blizzard's innatention to existing lore, give Kul Tirans Paladins as well.
Actually the Tide Priests are Shaman. Like, undeniably.
Imagine caring about fkin lore in 2018. A world with tauren paladins and VOID ELVES. No excuse that locks dont get an allied race here
Isn't Zul basically a Warlock? They call him a prophet, but still.
11/06/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Gnerdie
Actually the Tide Priests are Shaman. Like, undeniably.

Not really. The Tide-Priests don't wear mail, they wear cloth. The "fantasy" of a Shaman does not match the fantasy of a Tide Priest. They have a Restoration spec, and you can make that argument. But by doing that, the same logic extends to Demoniacs, which are effectively Demonology Warlocks.
I'm posting here what I posted in the "announcement" thread:

Zandalari should be able to be warlocks for several reasons:

1) We know that Zandalari are willing to make pacts with more dangerous powers for power themselves. Look at how many Zandalari are essentially working in service to G'huun. Look at how quickly Rastakhan made that pact with Bwonsamdi when the conditions were right? You as a player in Zandalar make a pact with a loa as well, gaining their boon. Making pacts with demons for the Zandalar would be no different than pacts with the Blood God, or pacts with the loa.

2) Back in Vanilla, Zandalari had demoniacs ( https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac ), which were Zandalari who trafficked in fel magics and essentially enslaved demons inside of themselves. They are no strangers to dark and fel magics. Additionally, the flavor text for Unjari Feltongue suggests she and other Darkspear get their power from a darker, and more horrible source.

3) The whole curse vibe that warlocks have fits perfectly with Zandalari a la Tauren Sunwalkers, in that they have classes that totally aren't the same, but would be the same for gameplay purposes. I thought that was the whole reasoning for Darkspear warlocks as well? Darkspear warlocks are more akin to witch doctors than fel users like Orcs. They traffic in dark and perverted magics, but they do so ostensibly for the benefit of themselves and their kin. Witch Doctors will curse their enemies, and use dark voodoo to empower themselves. Sounds like a warlock by another name to me.
11/06/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Takiyanti
I'm posting here what I posted in the "announcement" thread:

Zandalari should be able to be warlocks for several reasons:

With your permission, I'll quote these on the main post - you worded them better than I can, and the 1st point actually went over my head.