Why Zandalari Warlocks SHOULD be playable.

General Discussion
I would play a zandalari demon hunter.
11/06/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Malkarus
Not really. The Tide-Priests don't wear mail, they wear cloth. The "fantasy" of a Shaman does not match the fantasy of a Tide Priest.
You're grasping at straws, and you know it. I can play a Shaman wearing all kinds of cloth-like transmogs.
They have a Restoration spec, and you can make that argument. But by doing that, the same logic extends to Demoniacs, which are effectively Demonology Warlocks.
No, because Demoniacs absorb demons directly into their very souls and use their power to display physical and ranged abilities from doing so. The only class that remotely qualifies for that is the Demon Hunter.

Besides, Zandalari can play nearly every class in the game already, you really should quit whining. If you want to play a Troll Warlock then the Darkspear are already there in-game, waiting for you.
11/06/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Conorn
Panda Death Knights > Other Race-Class Combo issues.

Give us Panda Death Knights.

They would look cool with the cold glowing eyes.
11/06/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Malkarus
Not really. The Tide-Priests don't wear mail, they wear cloth. The "fantasy" of a Shaman does not match the fantasy of a Tide Priest.
You're grasping at straws, and you know it. I can play a Shaman wearing all kinds of cloth-like transmogs.
They have a Restoration spec, and you can make that argument. But by doing that, the same logic extends to Demoniacs, which are effectively Demonology Warlocks.
No, because Demoniacs absorb demons directly into their very souls and use their power to display physical and ranged abilities from doing so. The only class that remotely qualifies for that is the Demon Hunter.

Besides, Zandalari can play nearly every class in the game already, you really should quit whining. If you want to play a Troll Warlock then the Darkspear are already there in-game, waiting for you.

I like you.
11/06/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Gnerdie
11/06/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Malkarus
Yeah, and Tide Priests really aren't Shaman (or Priests)
Actually the Tide Priests are Shaman. Like, undeniably.

Tidesage fit somewhere between Priest, Mage and Shaman, borrowing lore themes and game mechanics from all three. Since there is no Tidesage class, the next best thing is allowing the three classes most closely related to Tidesages be playable - which with today's announcement has now been accomplished.
Reasons why they shouldn't be warlocks.

Theory: The Zandalari from Zuldazar do not practice or allow fel magic with in their walls. Those warlocks we've encountered were apart of Zuls faction. Not the faction that the player character will be from.
11/06/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Atarael
Guys, this is beautiful, don't immediately shut this down, what we are seeing is the beginning of the new "High Elf" threads, lets just soak this in. This'll be the forums for the next two weeks.

The difference is that this is Blizzard contradicting established lore.
Wanting a playable race that is already playable on a different faction is not quite the same.

One is asking for consistency, the other is asking for variable aesthetics.
While we’re at it Highmountain Tauren should be able to be Illidairy Demon Hunters!

On a more serious note not every race needs every class. Some will be excluded. They gave their reasons. You may not agree with it but should respect it. They gave their time to explain their reasoning and I think that’s great.
11/06/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Garmok
11/06/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Atarael
Guys, this is beautiful, don't immediately shut this down, what we are seeing is the beginning of the new "High Elf" threads, lets just soak this in. This'll be the forums for the next two weeks.

Wanting a playable race that is already playable on a different faction is not quite the same.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Silver_Covenant

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

no but really they are both equally stupid.
11/06/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Malkarus
With your permission, I'll quote these on the main post - you worded them better than I can, and the 1st point actually went over my head.

Go for it, no attribution necessary :)
They removed the option because people complained Zandalari had too much choice, plain and simple. They'll never admit to that though, so they had to come up with "lore" reason that makes no sense.
11/06/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Atarael
<span class="truncated">...</span>

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No one said high elves didn't exist on the alliance - being playable on both factions is the issue. /shrug

Anyways, no one wants high elves in the zandalari topic.
11/06/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Gnerdie

Well first, that's kind of an ironic post. I can transmog cloth-like armor onto this Demon Hunter. That does NOT in any way, shape, or form make me a Warlock. I'm still running into battle with melee weapons.
11/06/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Gnerdie

Alright, this should be straightforward, but if you're shoving demons into your body, then you've likely already had experience dealing with demons - you likely have experience controlling them. It really isn't a reach, because exerting your will over a demon inside you is just a more advanced version of exerting your will over a demon, period.

Secondly, there's no reason to insult me. I frankly don't care how many classes a race can play. I argue from the stance of lore, not gameplay. If that means that the Horde has an edge in classes, or that a race can almost play anything, oh well. It will even out - and if not on its own, then because people will keep screaming about it.

But no. I'm not going to support ignoring the lore because more options might trigger part of the playerbase.

11/06/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Nearo
Tidesage fit somewhere between Priest, Mage and Shaman, borrowing lore themes and game mechanics from all three. Since there is no Tidesage class, the next best thing is allowing the three classes most closely related to Tidesages be playable - which with today's announcement has now been accomplished.

And by this argument, Zandalari Warlocks should be playable. The Demoniac fits somewhere between a Warlock and a Demon Hunter. But I'm not even asking for Demon Hunters, because of how the start zone is set up, and because Demon Hunters have a ton more lore than "Demons inside them." But Warlocks are very much within the lines here.
Yes

No one said high elves didn't exist on the alliance - being playable on both factions is the issue. /shrug

Anyways, no one wants high elves in the zandalari topic.

Nobody is a pretty strong word. I could say nobody wants Zandalari topics in the Zandalari topic either.

and just like high elves, blizz said no.
I was happy to finally have a race/class combo that sounded interesting so I could finally use that lvl 100 boost. *sigh*
Does it even matter? Every person who will roll a Zandalari will pick Druids.
11/06/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Garmok

Good thing neither faction has playable High Elves.
The Zandalari Demoniacs consorted with demons, and actually started to traverse into Demon Hunter territory, by taking demons into themselves to gain their power.

Let's not forget that at one point, demonology warlocks did have the metamorphosis ability which I feel is the closest in-game representation of this. Just because demonology no longer has this ability doesn't mean it never existed. Maybe it was thought to be too dangerous and was taken out of the practice. Regardless, there should still be knowledge of Zandalari practicing warlock arts somewhere.
11/06/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Lemres
Does it even matter? Every person who will roll a Zandalari will pick Druids.

It absolutely does.

If the lore supports a specific race-class combination as playable, then it SHOULD be playable, regardless of popularity.

The same went for Kul Tiran Mages, and it goes for other race-class combos that aren't available like Dark Iron Death Knights