Demonology Warlock PTR Changes

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
1 2 3 10 Next
In the current build up on the PTR (Public Test Realm), a few changes were made to the Demonic Consumption level 100 talent:

- Any imp that the Demonic Tyrant consumes now has a chance to grant you the Demonic Core buff. If your Tyrant consumes six imps when summoned, you have six individual chances to get a Demonic Core buff applied to you.
    - The damage buff to the Demonic Tyrant from consuming the Wild Imps is now much higher.

One additional note about the Demonic Tyrant:
    - In an upcoming build, the Demonic Tyrant will also extend the duration of any demons summoned from the Nether Portal level 100 talent.
11/07/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Nimox
- In an upcoming build, the Demonic Tyrant will also extend the duration of any demons summoned from the Nether Portal level 100 talent.

But the demons only do like 200-400 damage was this changed as well?
Any plans to change how AoE works? Or we're stuck with Implosion?
Can we have Doom and Inner Demons baseline like they’re supposed to be? Oh, and can Doom also chance on death changed to chance on tick, increase the chance to maybe 10% and increase the ticks to maybe 3 in 30 seconds?
Damage over time is a Warlock kit staple, and is one of the main elements distinguishing us from Mages. Doom should have never been moved to the Demo talent tree. How about dropping the gimmicks once and for all, normalize a baseline Doom's damage, and bake Call Dreadstalker into it. Like:

Doom

Afflicts the target with the dread of doom, causing X Shadow damage over 20 sec, and summoning 2 ferocious dreadstalkers to attack the target for 12 sec.

This summoning effect costs 2 Soul Shards, and has a 20 sec cd.

This returns Demo's multidot capability as a Warlock, while preserving its new combat summon functionality.
11/07/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Nimox

Can you clarify something? Will it only extend the duration when Tyrant is cast? As in we need to portal, summon as many as possible, and then Tyrant for it to have any effect? Or can we Tyrant, Nether Portal, and chain summon with the extended duration kicking in as they are summoned? I'm presuming it's the former and not the latter.
I feel Demonology still has far too many cast time spells. I get Warlocks are intended to be immobile casters, but it seems excessive with Demonology. EVERY Demo core rotation spell has a cast time. C'mon man that's too much. At the very least, Call Dreadstalkers and Summon Demonic Tyrant need to be considered for instant cast.
And still 0 pvp changes :(. I miss MoP/WoD Demo... so much more enjoyable.
So excited for these changes.
I love you
11/07/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Kevinoleary
And still 0 pvp changes :(. I miss MoP/WoD Demo... so much more enjoyable.

Dude

This changes things.

They’re making two talents that are dead not so dead.
Will the nether portal also be changed to summon based off shards spent rather than each cast of a summon equals 1 demon out of the portal?
11/07/2018 06:50 PMPosted by Roujeaux
Damage over time is a Warlock kit staple, and is one of the main elements distinguishing us from Mages. Doom should have never been moved to the Demo talent tree. How about dropping the gimmicks once and for all, normalize a baseline Doom's damage, and bake Call Dreadstalker into it. Like:

Doom

Afflicts the target with the dread of doom, causing X Shadow damage over 20 sec, and summoning 2 ferocious dreadstalkers to attack the target for 12 sec.

This summoning effect costs 2 Soul Shards, and has a 20 sec cd.

Good idea. Demo needs a damage over time spell. Affliction has dots. Destro has 2 dots. Demo only has pets