Demonology Warlock PTR Changes

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 8 9 10
I don't think the SS nerf was the move guys. Can we get some context here? Please.

Shadow Bolt and (especially) Demon Bolt need a lot of umph to do good damage already. Highest DB crit I've seen was 27K. Most of them are around 10-11k.

I just don't understand why you're nerfing the best talent on the row instead of fixing the other two's real issues.

It's a frustrating move tbh.
11/14/2018 04:30 AMPosted by Styxz
I don't think the SS nerf was the move guys. Can we get some context here? Please.

Shadow Bolt and (especially) Demon Bolt need a lot of umph to do good damage already. Highest DB crit I've seen was 27K. Most of them are around 10-11k.

I just don't understand why you're nerfing the best talent on the row instead of fixing the other two's real issues.

I don’t understand why they hate us
11/14/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Draboe
11/14/2018 04:30 AMPosted by Styxz

They don't "hate" us. You guys need to chill with that.

What they are doing is putting a lot of effort and resources into aspects of the game that are taking too much away from class design and communication.
11/14/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Styxz
11/14/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Draboe

They don't "hate" us. You guys need to chill with that.

What they are doing is putting a lot of effort and resources into aspects of the game that are taking too much away from class design and communication.

Okay so they don’t hate us, they just don’t care.... or at least not enough to ever make meaningful changes.
Hate indeed is too much.
What i believe it is actually happening is that only few devs are available for maintenance and they are in fire fighting mode, slapping only band aids.

There is no more passion for class design and that's obvious from how boring classes currently are, they no longer enjoy them either, just release for ppl to consume. No visibility on their reason for doing any adjustment, especially for many that nobody asked for.

I'm not saying is devs fault, i believe it is only that much they can do within budgets slashed by Activision and we either take it as such or speak with the wallet.
I agree that there are probably only a few devs working on class design, but slapping a nerf on an already under-performing spec isn't just lack of resources. They are trying to force us to play the other talents on that row for some reason, and so nerfing the only good one because they can't fix the other two.

This goes beyond lack of resources, and is just plain incompetence.
11/14/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Majycal
I agree that there are probably only a few devs working on class design, but slapping a nerf on an already under-performing spec isn't just lack of resources. They are trying to force us to play the other talents on that row for some reason, and so nerfing the only good one because they can't fix the other two.

This goes beyond lack of resources, and is just plain incompetence.

The problem is netherportal sucks and they know it, but ehy already spent time working on it, so they nerfed our good talent to try and force us to play a talent that we already explained is bad.

Blizzard devs are just too stubborn to accept that they don't know what they're doing and listening to your players who actually play the class / spec would go a long way.
That has always been their philosophy though. They nerf popular/working talents to prop up the weak ones that don't get picked rather than fixing them.

They don't know what they're doing. The Nether Portal change is your only proof you need on how out of touch they are.
11/07/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Mordeacai
11/07/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Kevinoleary
And still 0 pvp changes :(. I miss MoP/WoD Demo... so much more enjoyable.

Dude

This changes things.

They’re making two talents that are dead not so dead.

talk about bandaids on gunshot wounds.
I'm glad to see that we're keeping the hyperbole down to a (relative) minimum. I mean that.

With some distance from the initial shock of the nerf, it's not a large one. It does make sense in that SacSouls is supposed to be the "passive" option, and it is the strongest on the row by far. I suspect it will be still.

I still don't see when I'm going to have time, as a progressing raider on any difficulty in DA, to hard cast for 15+ seconds for NP.

It's the same for DeCon. I'll need to quickly build at least 2 sets of imps before I cast Tyrant. Having to move during this set up for either build is going to be brutal man.

It doesn't look like any of the fights play to demo's strength so far. These talent changes are pointing to a situation where Demo will be in the same state it was in early Uldir.

I'd rather not "wait and see" if that'll happen when all the signs are pointing there now, and there's an opportunity to course correct now before the bad reputation is solidified.