The longest love of my gaming life is now over

General Discussion
A bad day in BfA is better than a good day at work. Or is it?
11/08/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Rechab
A bad day in BfA is better than a good day at work. Or is it?

Well the gold income is pretty low...
classic is a return to the beginning.
11/08/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Xyona
I've took a break out of raiding because right now I'm having more fun doing old raids than current content..

[/quote]
This is exactly what I have been doing lately. Just been doing old raids to collect transmog. I have no motivation to do new raids, I had so much planned for this expansion, I was really hoping to mythic raid since I did not do it that much in legion. But there is no spark, no motivation. Hopefully that changes soon.

I don't think I have been this bored since WoD. I have been playing for about 9 or 10 years nonstop, and it makes me so depressed that I have even thought about canceling my sub for the first time myself. I'll give it more time though, leveling alts and collecting transmog gear is all I have going for me right now. I thought I was going to respond to this in one or two sentences but it turned into a rant to add the thread lol whoops
felt good to get this out, I hope they take steps to bring the game (CLASSES ESPECIALLY) to the glory days. Not only I have been so attached for so long, but it is also the only game I feel this way with (and played, haven't played any other games because of WoW).
11/08/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Saphypira
11/08/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Sunfaller
I feel like people copy paste reasons to quit and post it...

Or that the game is really crap and different than it was before.

Blizz loyalist normally deny the 2nd option.

Alright then. Well I didn't copy and paste anything. But that's something someone who did would say, so you're free to believe whatever you want.

My post isn't exactly against you. It's saying people quit over the same reasons and those white knights continue to deny there is anything wrong with the game.
Best of luck to you
I've seen I quit threads in the past, and they made me sad, but none make me as sad as the BFA I quit threads, there is a finality about so many of them.

Best of Luck OP, You summed up how I feel.
11/08/2018 07:41 PMPosted by Snowfox
11/08/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Xyona
I've took a break out of raiding because right now I'm having more fun doing old raids than current content..

Isn't it crazy? Like, there's solo farming the old ones, maybe duoing for some of the wod mythics.. then there's the full on pug scene for legion mythics...

I've found that I've been spending most of my time in Pandaria. It's just so beautiful. The moment I load in I feel better, and begin enjoying myself again.

There's a ton of transmogs and mounts and stuff I still need, so I've got things to do. The gold in those raids is pretty good, too.

AND GET THIS! The rares actually drop interesting things! And if you find a treasure chest, IT'S GONNA HAVE TREASURE IN IT and not grey vendor trash!

EDIT: But, of course, these are "end of xpac" activities that I'm doing in the first patch of BfA.
I have to bump this. This is a beautiful summary of everything wrong with WoW. It hurts that Blizzard has thrown all of us in the back burner to press forward mobile games. I just wish the current devs would listen to us. We want them to get better at what they do, so that the game can be as great as it really ought to be. I’m sad to see you go op, but I’m already ahead of you in that process.
11/08/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Saphypira
Blizzard,

Hopefully you read this, as I know you most definitely have your hands full at the moment. I've paid for my subscription with gold that I've earned in game for almost three years, have been playing since 2005, and shaman for six years. I've also raided mythic from Nighthold onward until a couple weeks ago when I decided I'm not renewing. I don't and haven't had a subscription up, so you won't be able to see that I actively unsubbed. This post is to tell you that.

I've really tried to love this expansion and my class, but I not only find myself bored upon logging in. I and my friends find ourselves depressed at seeing such an empty shell of a game that could only be described previously as pure magic. Your game has been a large part of my life starting at 12 years old. I'm 25 now, and the creativity and imagination I now posses is without a doubt influenced by you.

I'd rather not go into a tangent as to why I quit, as the problems that the game possesses are well known. But as a mythic raider that would like to consider myself neither casual or hardcore here is a short list of what made me quit:

- World and WQs offering nothing of value to me
- M+ is too hard at lower keystones, time consuming, and unrewarding. Tyrannical and Fortified should not be the first affix. It makes farming for a specific piece less than worth the time it takes.
- Master Loot being removed. As a raider, my guild feels like less of an organized team of friends helping everyone gear at a sufficient pace without Master Loot. Instead, it's out of our hands and piece after piece of gear can't be traded. Our officers can't gear our team in the best way possible and the atmosphere and feel of being in a guild suffers from it.
- The GCD change. Every class/spec I've played feels clunky and awkward because of it.
- My favorite class being on the floor in pieces.
- Island expeditions offering gameplay that's not very fun for me.
- Warfronts being a cool concept, are less than dull in play. At least for me.
- Enhance PvP viability. The healing nerf we received was supposed to balance them, but having only 4 or 5 casts before becoming OOM while sacrificing damage wasn't worth the change. I have gotten constantly annihilated as enhance in PvP since the nerf. My survivability went from prolonging my death with those heals while hoping for some procs to win, to next to zero survivability.
- The sheer amount of RNG based systems currently present in the game.

That's all I can think of at the moment. If Blizzard reads this, thank you for taking the time in doing so. For everyone else reading this, thank you as well. I'm not trying to start anything, and surely aren't trying to add another "I quit" post. But without this post, my account would've ended in silence and I can't do that with how I feel. I envy the one's enjoying the game, I've really tried to. Keep playing if you're enjoying it, have a good one everyone.

So you have mythic raid gear and expect world content to offer you rewards ? Once you got mythic raid gear can you point me to the expansions that gave you rewards for doing world content.

If you are going to count gold as a reward it is still there, if you are going to count ap as a reward it is still there, if you are going to count gear as a reward it never was there for you. There are patterns and pets in world content as always.

I really don't understand what you expect world content to do for you in your mythic raid gear...
11/08/2018 07:41 PMPosted by Aerthul
Bellular said it best when he stated that BfA feels more like just another Legion patch than an expansion.

Yeah they feel like so much of it blended in. It is funny the things that don't really need to be changed all the time they do between expansions but lately since WoD they just have been rehashing these systems over and over again and they feel very similar.

Additionally it is like they can never just admit a system was bad, when it does not go over that well in the last expansion instead of getting rid of it they just try to fix it. I think that is what bugs me the most, they can never accept something is bad, it was just never implemented right is always their excuse.
I'm with you OP. Been playing pretty constantly since BC and this expansion is the hardest one to log in to. I'm already burnt out. I don't even raid at this point.

Sad days for Blizzard with all the announcements lately.

I've insulted the classic people, saying it's just the rose tinted glasses speaking and they will be gone after a week or 2 or drudging through classic content...but damn, I'm honestly thinking about ditching retail for classic as well at the rate this is going.

It sucks.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
11/08/2018 11:26 PMPosted by Sevaira
11/08/2018 07:41 PMPosted by Aerthul
Bellular said it best when he stated that BfA feels more like just another Legion patch than an expansion.

Yeah they feel like so much of it blended in. It is funny the things that don't really need to be changed all the time they do between expansions but lately since WoD they just have been rehashing these systems over and over again and they feel very similar.

Additionally it is like they can never just admit a system was bad, when it does not go over that well in the last expansion instead of getting rid of it they just try to fix it. I think that is what bugs me the most, they can never accept something is bad, it was just never implemented right is always their excuse.

I liked WQ in legion - they are just boring to do in BfA and the only difference I can see is there is too much travel time to do most of them. I started late last expansion (after first patch) so can't really comment on the gear because I am not sure how it was at the start but the rewards are the same for me since I never did them for the 'gold' even in legion wasn't worth my time even then.
I'm on my last legs with this game tbh. If future patches aren't any better, then it might be time for me to hang up my blue flag.
11/08/2018 11:33 PMPosted by Amine
I liked WQ in legion - they are just boring to do in BfA and the only difference I can see is there is too much travel time to do most of them. I started late last expansion (after first patch) so can't really comment on the gear because I am not sure how it was at the start but the rewards are the same for me since I never did them for the 'gold' even in legion wasn't worth my time even then.

Well the problem with WQ is that they are eventually going to cap for people. They cannot very well be on part with raiding or high mythic plus. In a matter of weeks you will max out in that area. I think part of the issue is just not having anything to work towards that is a compelling reward not related to gear. At least for the long term anyway, they have nothing that you can work towards that is going to take months unrelated to instanced content like raid progression.
Dang.

Sounds dramatic, and really good. At 25 you have so much to do, so many options. Definitely not good to have so many feels and attachment to a video game.

Forget about pixels and get out there and live some life and maybe find some real love while you're at it!

Best of luck to you, have fun!
looks like ur just mad enhance isn't that good, cya when shammy is in season.
11/08/2018 11:45 PMPosted by Sevaira
11/08/2018 11:33 PMPosted by Amine

Well the problem with WQ is that they are eventually going to cap for people. They cannot very well be on part with raiding or high mythic plus. In a matter of weeks you will max out in that area. I think part of the issue is just not having anything to work towards that is a compelling reward not related to gear. At least for the long term anyway, they have nothing that you can work towards that is going to take months unrelated to instanced content like raid progression.

They capped in legion too. Nothing has changed in that regard - that's one reason titanforging is in the game so there is still as reason to go out and do those for the gear even though the base isn't there. I don't think there is as many gear quests as their was in legion though.
11/08/2018 10:08 PMPosted by Tsavis
I've seen I quit threads in the past, and they made me sad, but none make me as sad as the BFA I quit threads, there is a finality about so many of them.

Best of Luck OP, You summed up how I feel.

Thank you friend, you as well
11/09/2018 12:17 AMPosted by Elynos
looks like ur just mad enhance isn't that good, cya when shammy is in season.

At what point in my post does it seem like I'm mad? If anything I'm just sad my class and most importantly my favorite game is in the state it is. This is the class I fell in love with six years ago and have played nothing else seriously. You'd be melancholy if you were in my shoes.