Alliance friends!

General Discussion
11/08/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Mirkwood
I'd rather leave the trolls alone and just slaughter all forsaken and their leader.

Is not like they act alone.

11/08/2018 09:30 PMPosted by Tyriellais
You’re reliving a flashback. I’ll be ignoring the moronic war story and avoiding the new content while I play alts much as I have for the past month.

Sure sure, do whatever you want.

11/08/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Tyriellais
(even though this scenario is in no way a win for the Alliance when looking at the results)

It actually is, just some fatalists thinking Mekkatorque injured is the worst.
11/08/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Tyriellais
(even though this scenario is in no way a win for the Alliance when looking at the results)

It actually is, just some fatalists thinking Mekkatorque injured is the worst.

Let’s see, we:

Get Jaina injured.
Get Gelbin crippled.
Push the Zandalari to the Horde.

And what do we get out of it?

We kill a king who was already going to die because the loa he made a bargain with is gone.

Great win.

Oh, and then all our leaders complain about how we did, just in case there was any doubt. I’m sure the Horde isn’t going to have to play through THAT part.
Mounts only drop off mythic non from lfr ,norm or heroic

Yea its not an alliance win to say the least. The devs might have lied to alliance players.
11/08/2018 09:46 PMPosted by Tyriellais
et’s see, we:

Get Jaina injured.
Get Gelbin crippled.

We kill a king who was already going to die because the loa he made a bargain with is gone.

Great win.

Oh, and then all our leaders complain about how we did, just in case there was any doubt. I’m sure the Horde isn’t going to have to play through THAT part.

Gelbin is mentioned to be in the expedition during 8.2 so he's fine already, 1 patch being frozen. Woe is us!.

Jaina is giving orders after the raid so, she's not exactly super injured.

The Zandalari are part of the Horde BEFORE the raid, confirmed by the HORDE pre raid quests, so there's no pushing anyone into anything.

The Loa has a contract with his entire Bloodline, whether Rastakhan was death flagged or not by the narrative is Irrelevant as he's killed by the Alliance. We all knew Voldemort was gonna die from the beginning of HP doesn't mean defeating him isn't a win.

Furthermore the entire Zandalari fleet is destroyed which was their most valuable asset and their loa champions killed.

11/08/2018 09:51 PMPosted by Vera
Mounts only drop off mythic non from lfr ,norm or heroic

Yea its not an alliance win to say the least. The devs might have lied to alliance players.

Mounts from the last few raids have dropped at the very least from normal up and I got some from LFR. The only Mounts that are restricted to Mythic are the Cutting Edge Mounts at the end of the expacs.
11/08/2018 09:46 PMPosted by Tyriellais
et’s see, we:

Get Jaina injured.
Get Gelbin crippled.

Great win.

Gelbin is mentioned to be in the expedition during 8.2 so he's fine already, 1 patch being frozen. Woe is us!.

Jaina is giving orders after the raid so, she's not exactly super injured.

The Zandalari are part of the Horde BEFORE the raid, confirmed by the HORDE pre raid quests, so there's no pushing anyone into anything.

The Loa has a contract with his entire Bloodline, whether Rastakhan was death flagged or not by the narrative is Irrelevant as he's killed by the Alliance. We all knew Voldemort was gonna die from the beginning of HP doesn't mean defeating him isn't a win.

I did not know about the deal with the bloodline, but that's fairly irrelevant. By my understanding, the loa was keeping Rastakhan alive. Once the loa died (in the Horde storyline), Rastakhan was already just a few weeks from kicking it. Without the prolonged life, he's gone.

That's not the same as "knowing Voldemort will die" in HP. It's not "knowing he'll be defeated". It's "he's literally already dying". It's like taking on The End in Metal Gear. Sure, you can do it. ...But since he's going to die in a few days anyway, there is literally no point to it.

Furthermore the entire Zandalari fleet is destroyed which was their most valuable asset and their loa champions killed.

Um, no. Pay attention next time. Our entire War Campaign ended with neutralizing their fleet. Our last mission was eliminating the one ship that saw our base in Zuldazar, after we were done attaching mines to their ships. Their fleet is already dead before all this happened, we blew it up, and they never even would have known we were there.

So, as I said, we get our leaders hurt, push the Zandalari to the Horde, get fussed at by our own leaders... For nothing.
They say its a win for the alliance but its not. It's cheap writting and lackluster content with no meaning. If we got to kill off Nathanos that would have been a victory, but that wont happen because Danuser has to keep him alive.
11/08/2018 10:02 PMPosted by Tyriellais
I did not know about the deal with the bloodline, but that's fairly irrelevant. By my understanding, the loa was keeping Rastakhan alive. Once the loa died (in the Horde storyline), Rastakhan was already just a few weeks from kicking it. Without the prolonged life, he's gone.

That's not the same as "knowing Voldemort will die" in HP. It's not "knowing he'll be defeated". It's "he's literally already dying". It's like taking on The End in Metal Gear. Sure, you can do it. ...But since he's going to die in a few days anyway, there is literally no point to it.

Uh...no , Bwonsamdi is alive and well, and he will most likely be a boss in the future (for everyone) Rastakhan wasn't actually doomed, it was just obvious he was gonna die because his Daughter is a mary sue that's the new horde protagonist, yet there was nothing actively "killing him".

Um, no. Pay attention next time. Our entire War Campaign ended with neutralizing their fleet. Our last mission was eliminating the one ship that saw our base in Zuldazar, after we were done attaching mines to their ships. Their fleet is already dead before all this happened, we blew it up, and they never even would have known we were there.

So, as I said, we get our leaders hurt, push the Zandalari to the Horde, get fussed at by our own leaders... For nothing.

No, our war campaign ends with putting the bombs on the ships, they are destroyed during the attack as the idea is to explode those bombs with the rest of the ships nearby.

I really don't get why you keep insisting in "pushing the zandalari to the horde" when literally Horde questing already has them as 100% part of the Horde.

Uh...no , Bwonsamdi is alive and well, and he will most likely be a boss in the future (for everyone) Rastakhan wasn't actually doomed, it was just obvious he was gonna die because his Daughter is a mary sue that's the new horde protagonist, yet there was nothing actively "killing him".

Ah, okay. I have not played the Horde side myself, but that was not the impression I had gotten from talking to the Horde members that I had seen discussing it. Thank you for explaining it to me.

No, our war campaign ends with putting the bombs on the ships, they are destroyed during the attack as the idea is to explode those bombs with the rest of the ships nearby.

I really don't get why you keep insisting in "pushing the zandalari to the horde" when literally Horde questing already has them as 100% part of the Horde.

They hadn't launched a single attack against us yet, as far as I know. I haven't seen a single one of them in our territory. I get a few who attack me when I run through their city, but that's kind of to be expected, and I blame the devs for not letting us fly yet.

The reason I focus on it is because, in our story, they're not an enemy yet. And, like the Vulpera, we're wasting resources fighting them instead of going to eliminate the actual Horde.
Ah, okay. I have not played the Horde side myself, but that was not the impression I had gotten from talking to the Horde members that I had seen discussing it. Thank you for explaining it to me.

No problem. It is a confusing story.

11/08/2018 10:11 PMPosted by Tyriellais
They hadn't launched a single attack against us yet, as far as I know. I haven't seen a single one of them in our territory. I get a few who attack me when I run through their city, but that's kind of to be expected, and I blame the devs for not letting us fly yet.

The reason I focus on it is because, in our story, they're not an enemy yet. And, like the Vulpera, we're wasting resources fighting them instead of going to eliminate the actual Horde.

Well, before the raid, the 8.1 campaign makes the whole enemy of the Zandalari thing more important. So far, before 8.1, the Zandalari did destroy most of the Stormwind fleet and even in our war campaign we investigate and we hear Talanji planning how to destroy the Alliance alongside Rokhan, we also stop the Horde intel from delivering the Zandalari ways to attack the Alliance , and they are alrady actively helping the Horde.

So while there's no full on attack by them, they are most definitely already portrayed as main enemies.
Jainas not dying.
The raid itself is just a horde victory and pushing alliance players to switch half way threw. To play as trolls/horde its not helping to disprove the horde bias. Or those at this point that don't want to play horde. My understanding was that the alliance just had to kill the king and it was over. Not that we had to take out some of our leaders just to experience story. Its just lame.
11/08/2018 10:40 PMPosted by Vera
The raid itself is just a horde victory and pushing alliance players to switch half way threw. To play as trolls/horde its not helping to disprove the horde bias. Or those at this point that don't want to play horde. My understanding was that the alliance just had to kill the king and it was over. Not that we had to take out some of our leaders just to experience story. Its just lame.

I mean you can get two mounts from doing that. While the Horde also kills their heroes but they don't get any mount from it.
11/08/2018 08:40 PMPosted by Averyx
Who else is looking forward to the attack on the evil troll empire that is trying to destroy us?

I'm not.

Because whenever we try to be proactive, even a little, Blizzard punishes us for it and then laughs at us at Blizzcon because of it (even though it's Blizz that controls this narrative in the first place); Alliance aren't allowed to have true victories; we only get pyrrhic victories.

I wonder what major Alliance city we will end up losing this time to compensate? Maybe we will lose another territory? Nathanos will make us feel all self-conscious again?

Oh wait, we are running out of soldiers and are down to using farmers now, aren't we? I guess that means the Alliance's agricultural system will now collapse and we all slowly starve to death, eh? Did I ruin the surprise ending Blizzard?

Or maybe they will just kick the night elves in the sack once more? because that's always fun for Blizz.

Either way, it's going to end badly for us and we will once again walk away disappointed.

And Blizzard is wondering why people don't want to play Alliance anymore.
11/08/2018 10:52 PMPosted by Averyx
11/08/2018 10:40 PMPosted by Vera

I mean you can get two mounts from doing that. While the Horde also kills their heroes but they don't get any mount from it.

The horde get the same mount drop loot option check the ptr. Jaina and Mekkatorque are final bosses . That's usally the norm with mount drops. Also mythic only drop.
11/08/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Vera
The horde get the same mount drop loot option check the ptr. Jaina and Mekkatorque are final bosses . That's usally the norm with mount drops. Also mythic only drop.

Blizz said the order would be different for the Horde, they get told what happened afterwards so their final boss is Rastakhan.

Obviously the horde get the same loot, but from the Alliance bosses not the horde bosses.
Tbh im very excited to fight mekkatorque.
Not too often you get to "kill" longtime faction leaders.

I imagine the mechagnomes from 8.2 might help him get unfrozen, maybe there will be a tinker-based expansion following this??
11/08/2018 11:57 PMPosted by Averyx
11/08/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Vera

Blizz said the order would be different for the Horde, they get told what happened afterwards so their final boss is Rastakhan.

Obviously the horde get the same loot, but from the Alliance bosses not the horde bosses.

For the alliance, they do bosses 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 (789 being mekka, tidesage, jaina)

For the horde, they do bosses 4 5 6 1 2 3 7 8 9.

Same final raid boss, horde get their "get told a story of what happened to them by alliance" part after first 3 bosses for them, alliance get it at the end.
I will never, ever get civvies. How can anyone not see this as a victory is beyond me. they have to distorted facts to get that conclusion.
1. Attack new horde city. Horde what new city we attack? None
2. attack new races leaders and kills them not once but twice. One in new city and one with mag har. Horde zero.
3. Destroy a whole fleet we neeeded to help win war.
4. Been stated tha alalince are winning war. Baine is worried.
5. Win back area lost to horde. gain suprer poweful chareter in Night Elf.
6. wipe out all occupying forces in a single night. love to have that back in day.
7. Horde second most powerful mortally wounded. Lost one Valkery.
8. inspire and supports rebillion in horde ranks.
give me a hour i probably list 20 more things.

This is just recent. This is a victory
At least this raid will make sense, I guess. I mean from a story telling perspective, my character actually knows where this place is, unlike Uldir. *cough*
I'm looking forward to it. Not as much as I'm looking forward to killing Sylvanas, but at least it's something.

Plus almost anything is better then Uldir.