Allied races for DKs

General Discussion
I'm just going to make this short and simple, why is my class being punished and shunned from one of the core features of the expansion?

I just keep hoping blizzard change there mind with every new announcement of an allied race and everytime I'm let down, especially with the zandalari as they were in northrend and the Eastern kingdoms during the scourges onslaught.

I know people try to counter argue "bu... bu... but Hermaeus that doesn't fit the death knight starting area" shhhh please they added new npcs for worgan and goblins explaining there circumstance why not just add your troll best friend "don't you remember you were our trade ships guard, we landed in bad waters..."

OR EVEN put work into a new original starting area :') for all death knights based around legion or even stop it.
Just stop it.
Stop calling Death knights a hero class, just let them start in everyother starting area at level 20 for allied races and let us make our own fantasy because I like to think this is a role playing game
BUT ITS NOT BECAUSE I CAN'T MAKE MY LORE CORRECT CHARECTER
OwO
11/09/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Hermaeus
Stop calling Death knights a hero class

But... they are.

let us make our own fantasy

Maybe you should play D&D or something, because... this is Blizzard's fantasy you're playing in.

Just sayin'.
They already mentioned they were looking into this.
They wanted to find a way to make it so everyone who wanted Heritage armor didnt just level a deathknight instead to skip the 40~ levels.

I agree, i want a Nightborn dk
Simple with heritage armor, just don't let them earn heritage armor.
[quote="207684208571"]Stop calling Death knights a hero class

But... they are.

Also what makes them a hero class?
Why not say unto the Lore, he who got shanked will be gifted from death. Let it say that Death Knights promised those souls who died beyond the Lich Kings time be granted undeath for loyalty to a faction. The Lich King isn't the only one who can bring back the dead and with Lady Sylvannas we see that power can grow individually. So who is to say some powerful DK didn't bring back a dead Void Elf, Nightborne, or even a dead Demon Hunter Elf? (yea that last one was a joke :P)
why is my class being punished and shunned from one of the core features of the expansion?

It's not. Don't be so melodramatic. Allied races and your class are completely non-related. The allied races can't be DKs. So? They can't be demon hunters either. Highmountains can't be warlocks, lightforged can't be rogues, nightborne can't be paladins. I could go on. The point is, just like every race in the game there are some classes they can't be.
Also, they start at level 1 because the DK that rez'd them wasn't powerful enough to give you back all your combat skills or enough powers to fight more than a level 1 boar.
11/09/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Hermaeus
Also what makes them a hero class?

They start at level 55?? Goblins and Worgen make sense, they've been around as long as some of the other races. Some of the Allied races do make sense as dks, DID, Zandalari, Kul Tirans for example but others like Nightborne, Lightforged, and Maghar do not seeing as how they weren't even on Azeroth (or in a giant bubble) during Wotlk.
I'm not opposed to allowing DKs being some of the new Allied Races but it would require either reworking the starting experience or creating a new one and Blizz kind of has their hands full right now.
11/09/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Beps
They wanted to find a way to make it so everyone who wanted Heritage armor didnt just level a deathknight instead to skip the 40~ levels.

Instead we pile on monks and level with 50% more exp. And now they're nerfing exp back down.

Also the heritage grind was always dumb. It's a massive waste of a time sink when I won't even use the character.
11/09/2018 10:40 AMPosted by Magnarok
Allied races and your class are completely non-related. The allied races can't be DKs. So? They can't be demon hunters either.

Dude Nightborne Demon Hunter would be bad af!

It's already done. The achievement requirements is 20 to 110. DKs and DHs don't meet that requirement. It would be no different than Race Changing a level 60 Warrior to an AR then leveling it.

I would love to see Dark Iron Dwarf and Mag'har DKs. The DiD never faced the Lich King as an army or joined any of the armies rallied against him but they were in the Eastern Kingdoms. It's not a stretch of the imagination that Arthas could have come in contact with them.

As for Mag'har orcs, there was an army of Mag'har orcs in Northrend actively fighting the LK. They were stationed at Warsong Hold in the Borean Tundra and Agmar's Hammer in Dragonblight. However, these were the orcs from the Outland that followed Garrosh through the portal. Blizzard could just give them the worgen treatment by saying Mag'har DKs are not from AU Draenor but from Northrend.

Neither of these races would require changing the starting zone since they are both older than WOTLK.

Stop calling Death knights a hero class,

On behalf of the Death Knight Community please ignore the mad elf. He was born a dumb !@#$.

Though Lore Wise Death Knight Allied races do make sense since we can just make new ones and we have.
ummm...

how about no.
Just have allied races start at level 20 in their level 20 starting area, with DK skills set so they're like the normal classes in terms of talents.

Figure out what skills for allied race DKs need to be added at level on up. All will be good then.

I would love a VElf Death Knight!
I'm just going to make this short and simple, why is my class being punished and shunned from one of the core features of the expansion?

I just keep hoping blizzard change there mind with every new announcement of an allied race and everytime I'm let down, especially with the zandalari as they were in northrend and the Eastern kingdoms during the scourges onslaught.

I know people try to counter argue "bu... bu... but Hermaeus that doesn't fit the death knight starting area" shhhh please they added new npcs for worgan and goblins explaining there circumstance why not just add your troll best friend "don't you remember you were our trade ships guard, we landed in bad waters..."

OR EVEN put work into a new original starting area :') for all death knights based around legion or even stop it.
Just stop it.
Stop calling Death knights a hero class, just let them start in everyother starting area at level 20 for allied races and let us make our own fantasy because I like to think this is a role playing game
BUT ITS NOT BECAUSE I CAN'T MAKE MY LORE CORRECT CHARECTER
OwO

I would be happy with ANY attention to DKs. I was at least hoping for Gen 1 Dks so we have a little flavor with red and blue eye options. But nah, give BE and NE more eye options but nothing at all for Dks. No love in any way for my favored class.
11/09/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Marthul

Instead we pile on monks and level with 50% more exp. And now they're nerfing exp back down.

Also the heritage grind was always dumb. It's a massive waste of a time sink when I won't even use the character.

i never said i agreed with blizzards logic
i agree its dumb, but thats what they said in a Q&A
I'm on board with removing class restrictions but I also think it'd be ok for allied races that make sense to be dks.

So basically DI dwarves and Zandalari since none of the others were exposed to Arthas.
11/09/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Marthul

The monk bonus experience is only for 1 hour each day. If you are lucky you can scrape together a half a level out of it depending on your level. 60-80 it isn’t even noticeable.