does the alliance lose racial leaders?

Story Forum
Prev 1 5 6 7
Fine. Kill as many of our racial leaders as you want. In return, you guys inherit the "High King" title. Have fun having all your leaders hiding under Sylvanas' skirt for 4+ expansions.

Edit: I'm joking, of course. DON'T TOUCH MY GOOD BOI!!!
11/12/2018 11:58 PMPosted by Braywick
Fine. Kill as many of our racial leaders as you want. In return, you guys inherit the "High King" title. Have fun having all your leaders hiding under Sylvanas' skirt for 4+ expansions.

Edit: I'm joking, of course. DON'T TOUCH MY GOOD BOI!!!

They have the OG High King title, it’s called the Warchief, it’s literally why the Alliance has the god forsaken title to begin with.
Terenas Menthil.
11/10/2018 02:56 PMPosted by Granfaloon
Neutral heroes at least have a place in the story still. You may call it bad because you think it diminishes their character, but people who hate the faction conflict just see it as them being the voice of reason.

OMG, so much this. If anything, going neutral strikes me as a promotion.
11/10/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Galien
So in 8.1 we basically have another horde leader killed off and our navy sunk by Kul'tiran military grade plot armor and just to spite us Jaina escapes without us even capturing her. When do our racial leaders get to shine and make a difference instead of being out smarted and over powered by the most annoyingly written and unbearable characters in the game( Jaina and Tyrande)

Uhhh....if you're referring to Rastakhan, he's a "Horde leader" like Bernie Sanders is a Democrat: Joined up yesterday, for a specific purpose.

And you get to stick Mekkatorque in the fridge indefinitely and criticially injure Jaina Proudmoore. Oh, and you've now got an artifact capable of one-shot killing battleships.
11/13/2018 11:48 PMPosted by Edeyrn
Oh, and you've now got an artifact capable of one-shot killing battleships.
?

Which Artifact?

and you get to stick Mekkatorque in the fridge indefinitely

So literately nothing changed about the character, cool.

11/13/2018 11:48 PMPosted by Edeyrn
criticially injure Jaina Proudmoore.

When does teleporting away where the next moment she is seen, shes' completely fine, count as "critically injured?"

11/13/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Pellex
OMG, so much this. If anything, going neutral strikes me as a promotion.

I would gladly take more Horde characters go natural if that means I can quest with them more and have them be more of an integral part of the story.
@Arazlok I think he means the tide scepter, and must not know what happens to it in the War campaign.

As to your point RE:Mekkatorque, he is still the faction leader of the Gnomes, and he is out of action for an indeterminate length (my guess is atleast until 8.2.5 or 8.3.5).

As to jaina, as discussed earlier, they are not going to do a model update to showcase her injuries, but they are referenced by the alliance characters throughout the denouement of the Battle for DA. As for permanency, see my points re:Rastakhan being marked for death since 8.0 start.

RE: Neutrality, this I feel is a grass greener on the other side of the pasture situation. Many Alliance players get frustrated with their characters going neutral when their peoples are facing mortal danger from the Horde. What good is caring about the worldsoul for instance if the races of the Alliance are annihilated while these “heroes” are off with “bigger concerns”.
11/12/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Jerolan
11/12/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Tannaril
The point was that Argus was about Alliance lore and ignored Horde lore
The draenei home planet had stories about the draenei and two characters that had been missing for 30 years suddenly came back and the story had to explain where they were? Imagine my shock.

Listen I'm sorry for whatever Alleria said that got the Horde playerbase all salty but at the time I certainly didn't see them coming to the Alliance because the faction war, let alone the idea of continuing it post-Legion, was stupid.

I'm tired of Horde players dictating when characters do or don't count as neutral.

I'm tired of Alliance condescension toward our being pissed at the crap Blizzard gives us.

And, for the record, I did expect a lot of Draenei and a lot of Velen. I like Velen. What I didn't expect was not only would Horde lore would be excluded, but the anti-Horde tone of what is suppose to be a story-arc for both sides. (You know that it would be possible to have a Horde character stand up there with Velen and be involved, even if there were more Draenei?)

Yes, Khadgar and Illidan are neutral, but they are also a resolution of _Alliance_ conflicts with the Legion. One would think the Legion had only ever been a foe of the Alliance.

(And, to be neutral, a character can't feel like they are on the other side. Whether you are tired of it not, the Horde view matters and character who don't feel neutral to them aren't going to be accepted as neutral.)
11/10/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Galien
So in 8.1 we basically have another horde leader killed off and our navy sunk by Kul'tiran military grade plot armor and just to spite us Jaina escapes without us even capturing her. When do our racial leaders get to shine and make a difference instead of being out smarted and over powered by the most annoyingly written and unbearable characters in the game( Jaina and Tyrande)

I Personally think Sylvanas Windrunner is kinda annoying, She is so one track mind "Kill everyone, raise them as Undead, make them serve her..."
What is it with Horde posters wanting Alliance leaders to die off in droves? Is destroying our cities not enough for them?
11/12/2018 08:39 PMPosted by Barakk
one day the alliance will overdose on all that powdered morality they snort

It is called warcraft 3. With any luck the Alliance has gotten slightly better than to do that again.