WW1 - World of Warcraft Comparison

General Discussion
WW1: You have two main sides, the Entente, and the Allies.
WoW: You have two main sides, the Alliance, and the Horde.

WW1: Started because Austria-Hungary wanted to invade Serbia, and use Archduke Franz Ferdinand's assassination as an excuse.
WoW: Started because the Horde wanted to invade Night Elf territory, and used Azerite as an excuse.

WW1: Both sides tried to recruit allies; the Entente recruited USA, while the Allies recruited the Ottoman Empire.
WoWL Both sides tried to recruit allies; the Alliance recruited Kul Tiras, while the Horde recruited the Zandalari Empire.

(Note: Germany did not have to complete a rep grind to unlock Ottoman empire)

WW1: Both sides lost important territory, the Entente lost most of Belgium, while the Allies lost most of the Arabian desert.
WoW: Both sides lost important territory, the Alliance lost Teldrassil, while the Horde lost Underctiy.

WW1: Both sides had important capitals attacked; Entente had London bombed by Zeppelins, while Allies lost Damascus.
WoW: Both sides had important capitals attacked; Alliance had Teldrassil bombed by catapults, while Horde lost Undercity.

WW1: One side is blamed for starting the war.
Wow: Horde is blamed for starting the war.

WW1: In 1918, Paul von Hindenburg left the German government leaving the unpopular Kaiser Wilhelm in charge.
Wow: in 2018, Varok Saurfang left the Horde government leaving the unpopular Warchief Sylvanas in charge.

WW1: The war claimed millions of lives, but the Spanish Flu epidemic that came afterwards claimed even MORE people than during the war.
Wow: The war has claimed millions of subscribers, but the Mobile epidemic that came afterwards, claimed even MORE PC gamers, than during the war.

WW1: 1918 saw the collapse of the German, Austrian, Ottoman, and Russian empires as they broke apart into many countries, and micronations.
Wow: 2018 saw the collapse of Diablo, World of Warcraft, Destiny 2, and COD as they broke apart into many mobile games and microtransactions.

Conclusion: BFA = WW1.
I'll have what he's having.
why
11/10/2018 03:41 PMPosted by Enabrann
WoW: Started because the Horde wanted to invade Night Elf territory, and used Azerite as an excuse.

WUT?
I actually liked this even though this person is out of his mind lol
Creative.
You just made this up because of Armistice Day, right? I don't think I've read any thread recently where someone stretched reason so far.

Grats?

edit: 100th anniversary

(Note: Germany did not have to complete a rep grind to unlock Ottoman empire).

This alone made this worth the read. +1 for you my friend.