Paragon levels in World of Warcraft like Diablo 3

General Discussion
I was just wondering what everyone's thought were on the idea that blizzard added paragon leveling system to World of Warcraft similar to that of Diablo 3 where after you reach max level in this case being 120 you continue to gain experience and for every level after you gain 5 stat points that you can either put in your primary or secondary stats or primary alone?
That's just another layer of crap for the community to abuse and exclude players from content and groups.

We have it bad enough with ilvl, achieves, and now iO scores.

Then it will be absurdly high paragon level requirements to even be considered for even the most trivial of content.

I mean, it would be a decent idea if our community wasn't the way that it is, but as it currently stands. We can't have nice things.
I think that would cause too much of an imbalance, particularly if it was enabled in pvp.
That may be true but you know it would add versatility to the game because as is right now it's possible for everybody to achieve the same max level and with the same gear as one person can be on the same Plainfield so to speak as another whereas with paragon levels in truly shows who the Casual players are versus the more hardcore players

I was thinking about it more in terms of Versatility as World of Warcraft has never really been a game where players will use items because they have a unique set of stats versus another item it seems as though over the years it's always been about getting this best in slot item that is common for others with the same class and spec as yours to use there has never really been a unique versatile system in place that would distinguish between the hardcore players and the Casual players other than of course Mythic and heroic raiding

It's always been about achieving a certain item and then from that point doing the same content on a harder difficulty to achieve the same item with just a higher item level I can't remember when there's been a time in the game where items have had random stats when they were dropped on monsters so that's why I refer to it as versatility because Paragon stats wood allow players to be unique in their own individual way based on their Paragon level by adding more flexibility to the game and character customization instead of eventually hitting a plateau where you're already maxed out and just waiting for an expansion
I leveled a Demon Hunter to Paragon 100 back when it was relevant (before Reaper of Souls). Even then, DH's weren't like other classes such as Barbarian or Monk because they were a lot more fragile. So in MP10, not only were they one of the least viable classes to take into a group, they were also one of the least viable to solo with.

In WoW, the same thing would happen. In fact already has if you go read the 1040 io score thread. You'll simply find yourself at end game having spent 1000's of hours only to find out that nobody wants to group with you.
It's already been in game in the form of concordance in legion, and heart in bfa.
Questing whether they be World quest or bulletin board quests contribute to the heart in BFA, or I suppose chaining expeditions which still require you to achieve a certain amount of resources to complete. Similar to what a quest like objective would be what I am referring to is a system that would benefit the player by simply going out and killing a monster, but not just a monster a each and every monster. And the system that would not automatically become useless when the new expansion came out it could just roll over to the new expansion

The game may turn out to be come a never-ending grind for Paragon leveling but look at what the game has already become since Keystone's were released now all there is to do really is chain Mythic Keystone's And raid a few times a week
I hate paragon in D3. It's uninteresting stat inflation that in no way changes how you play your character.
You think players are complaining about balance now!
It wouldn't work in WoW - WoW is a competitive game, and unlike diablo having seasons of everyone rerolling characters doesn't really work. Mythic raids are tunned to be difficult at max level - trying to add paragon levels into that mix just wouldn't work.

It's a nice thought and all - but the AP (heart of azeroth) is our paragon levels.

Don't even get me started on the havoc that would be in pvp.
See; Elder Scrolls Online
Kind of beating a dead horse at this point, but seems like a bad call to me.
Could just disable it in PvP the same way they prune some abilities while only in PvP combat
You do realize you're the only one backing this horse, right? There's enough problems with this type of thing. I remember back in mists wanting to run SoO, but i couldn't because they wanted insane gearscore. I kept thinking to myself "You want me to have this massive score, but how can i get it if no one will let me into a raid to get better gear?" It'll just become the new flavor of the month for that B.S.
I'm not the only one somebody is giving me a thumbs up on some of my post and it's what 7 in the morning Eastern Time, wait till more people wake up and let's hear some more opinions

The idea would be that it would not last a month but stay in the game we aren't talking about a specific build here we're talking about something that each and every character would benefit from
Yeah....one each on your posts. I'm bettin' it's you on an alt.
I'm driving right now literally talking to my phone as I'm making these post whether you believe that or not who cares but that is another thing they could add is a way for players on these forums to view each other's alt characters while also displaying the names when you highlight that thumbs-up to see which people are giving thumbs up or you could just simply acknowledge that there may be another person or people out there that have a difference in opinion
11/11/2018 02:48 AMPosted by Kozyx
I was just wondering what everyone's thought were on the idea that blizzard added paragon leveling system to World of Warcraft similar to that of Diablo 3 where after you reach max level in this case being 120 you continue to gain experience and for every level after you gain 5 stat points that you can either put in your primary or secondary stats or primary alone?

You mean like AP?
And btw AP scaling was the biggest mistake they added to the game, sure it helps time gate but it also makes grinding useless which is how you keep player interest.