ICYMI: New Forums will be here on (edit) Thursday

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
*Heavy breathing*
Hm this is cool. It looks like we can embed videos?
Darn it, I was a tiny bit too slow! A minute behind you. Leaving mine though for anyone who has issues clicking links. I have most of the relevant text info in it for mobile folks.
Hmmm, the last two weeks of threads will be migrated.

Interesting.

I wonder if post counts will start at 0 or at whatever you have posted in the last two weeks...
11/11/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Sevaryn

If you build up sufficient trust level you can embed certain things.

I wouldn't suspect that level will be easy to attain. They've been leery of us embedding anything for quite some time.
11/11/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Crepe

I wouldn't suspect that level will be easy to attain. They've been leery of us embedding anything for quite some time.

I imagine part of that is "we trust you aren't going to post pictures of .. you know.. that stuff.. like, ... -that stuff-."
If it's anything like the Overwatch forums, no thanks.
Trust Levels

We want to reward users who are positively contributing to the forums. Over time, these players will be rewarded with the ability to post more often, embed images/links, and more.

How did I know theyd keep these. So your ability to post will be limited by these "trust levels" that can be affected by false or malicious reports or brigading.......no this wont be abused..no that wont ever happen.....

We’ve removed the “thumbs down” button and replaced it with a flagging system with multiple options.

Ah yes a flagging system like the Overwatch one which was abused horribly, was used to shut down any comments that people didnt regardless of how factual they were , false reports, false bans......

Tell me, will a forum suspension also mean an ingame ban like Overwatch does?

If so, the day these new forums get implemented is the day I stop posting here.

Any flagging or any action that affects a persons gameplay does not belong in the hands of this playerbase.

Note: We will be migrating over threads created in the last two weeks to allow ongoing community discussions to continue as seamlessly as possible.

Last two weeks

Well that will leave the OCE forums with maybe three threads at best.
It's almost exactly like the Overwatch forums.
11/11/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Aehl

It's been suggested for years. The reverse has been true for quite some time, but didn't migrate over to silence penalties.

I wouldn't suspect they'll decide to implement this. But I haven't seen discussion of this in either direction.

Does that actually happen? I don't think a forum suspension ever gets you a game suspension. However, a game suspension or silence DOES impact your ability to post.
Ugh, this infinitely scrolling thing is going to be a giant pain with long threads:

Threads now infinitely scroll as the “pages” system has been removed.
New forums hype! Hopefully they have notifications, for example if someone quotes you. I wanna be notified if someone wants to fight

edit: reading through their notes it seems like notifications will be a thing, which is great

I would love to know the answer to this

If so, the day these new forums get implemented is the day I stop posting here.

Any flagging or any action that affects a persons gameplay does not belong in the hands of this playerbase.

because this. 500% this.
Will be interesting.
Tracking and Updates

There are now “Blizz Tracker” and “Dev Tracker” options to quickly find official posts
You can now easily find threads that you’ve previously viewed
Preformatted text
Threads now update in real time without needing to refresh
Threads now infinitely scroll as the “pages” system has been removed.
The forums will also remember what you’ve read, where you left off, and how long you’ve spent active on the forums.

these are sorely needed, you shouldn't have to go to wowhead or mmo-champion to see what the newest blue posts are.

we'll see about the other changes, haven't seen the overwatch forums.
11/11/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Crepe

If the first video to be embedded here isn't a Rick Roll then I'm going to be disappointed.

Should be fun and, knowing the people here, horribly chaotic for awhile. I'm not sure how I feel about that infinitely scrolling and removal of pages part though.
Does that actually happen? I don't think a forum suspension ever gets you a game suspension. However, a game suspension or silence DOES impact your ability to post.

Yes

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760847870

Update 3: A forum ban (not just suspension) will give you an in game suspension(CaptKittens)

If this is the case here, then goodbye folks, its been good to know you, my days of posting here are at an end forever.
11/11/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Tyierin
New forums hype! Hopefully they have notifications, for example if someone quotes you. I wanna be notified if someone wants to fight

Hahaha I <3 you.