ICYMI: New Forums will be here on (edit) Thursday

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
11/11/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Snowfox
"we trust you aren't going to post pictures of .. you know.. that stuff.. like, ... -that stuff-."

My bulging... biceps?

/flex
11/11/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Aehl
Does that actually happen? I don't think a forum suspension ever gets you a game suspension. However, a game suspension or silence DOES impact your ability to post.

Yes

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760847870

Update 3: A forum ban (not just suspension) will give you an in game suspension(CaptKittens)

If this is the case here, then goodbye folks, its been good to know you, my days of posting here are at an end forever.

Thanks for the links folks.

Reading up on it, it will take some serious work to get in-game consequences.

Update 5: If you’re not getting a forum ban, whether or not you get an in game suspension depends on the severity of the offense. Cheating/exploits will result in bans from both the game and forums, however toxicity will not result in a game suspension
(WyomingMyst)

WM is the Tech Support MVP and talks to the Blues all the time. I do trust him that when he posted that info it was accurate.

So, forum bans can = in-game suspension.
Forum suspension != in-game suspension unless it is something really bad like promoting exploits/cheats.
How cool is this!??!
11/11/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Ack
11/11/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Snowfox
"we trust you aren't going to post pictures of .. you know.. that stuff.. like, ... -that stuff-."

My bulging... biceps?

/flex

Well, I meant something less extreme and overwhelming that that, but yes.
Oh and as for flagging threadfs

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/action-taken-against-false-flagging-nice/157236

Hi everyone,

More than once today, this topic has been automatically closed because of a large number of inappropriate flags. The purpose of the Flag Feature is to report a post that violates the Code of Conduct or Forum Guidelines, not to boycott or impede a thread, especially one revolving around hero feedback. The recent misuse of this feature is unbecoming, as it has paused and interrupted the constructive discourse in this topic.

I’m unlocking this topic. Additionally, we will begin the distribution of suspensions to users we believe are flagging this topic with the goal to undermine it.

Every voice matters . Users should feel comfortable sharing their feedback or opinions without the fear of being reported or the progression of their discussion from being halted.

Please refrain from this inappropriate flagging. Please respect each other and be sweet.

..and this feature that has already been misused and abused is being migrated to the WOW forums?
and how long you’ve spent active on the forums.

So now the time we spend on the forums will count towards their MAU totals?

I mean they could easily spin it as time spent in one of their products, cause the site is an official product of theirs.
"We want to reward users who are positively contributing to the forums. Over time, these players will be rewarded with the ability to post more often, embed images/links, and more."

So, we'll be limited in how many posts we can make?
11/11/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Crepe
11/11/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Sevaryn
Hm this is cool. It looks like we can embed videos?

If you build up sufficient trust level you can embed certain things.

I wouldn't suspect that level will be easy to attain. They've been leery of us embedding anything for quite some time.

A trust level you say? I would slowly but surely earn there trust then when they didn't expect it do something wickedly evil.

Hahaha..oh wait I'm being recorded. Damn it I'm already ruined.
11/11/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Snowfox
11/11/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Ack

My bulging... biceps?

/flex

Well, I meant something less extreme and overwhelming that that, but yes.

So you're recommending to stick to the age old forum addage, "If it makes orcs faint and gnomes cry, don't post?"
11/11/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Brahmina
So, we'll be limited in how many posts we can make?

This would likely drive certain posters insane.

Not sure if this is coming or not. The underlying forum software will be the Overwatch version. However, there will be tweaks. I just don't know what tweaks there will be.
This would likely drive certain posters insane.

Not sure if this is coming or not. The underlying forum software will be the Overwatch version. However, there will be tweaks. I just don't know what tweaks there will be.

Ive already spoken to people who refuse to post in the OW forums thanks to the flagging misuse.

So if they do migrate that across, thats the last you will; ever hear from me ever again. This playerbase cant be trusted not to misuse or abuse it.
post limits :(
this seems like a downgrade frankly
Trust Levels

We want to reward users who are positively contributing to the forums. Over time, these players will be rewarded with the ability to post more often, embed images/links, and more.

Virtue Signalling here they come~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I still miss the old forums.
Oh god no. I hate the OW forums.
11/11/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Aehl
So if they do migrate that across, thats the last you will; ever hear from me ever again.

I'm not big on ultimatums.

So if that's the way you feel about it, that's the way it is. I won't argue with you, chase you down and try and placate you, pretty much nothing.

Post or don't post. But threats aren't a big thing with me.
11/11/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Aehl
Oh and as for flagging threadfs

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/action-taken-against-false-flagging-nice/157236

Hi everyone,

More than once today, this topic has been automatically closed because of a large number of inappropriate flags. The purpose of the Flag Feature is to report a post that violates the Code of Conduct or Forum Guidelines, not to boycott or impede a thread, especially one revolving around hero feedback. The recent misuse of this feature is unbecoming, as it has paused and interrupted the constructive discourse in this topic.

I’m unlocking this topic. Additionally, we will begin the distribution of suspensions to users we believe are flagging this topic with the goal to undermine it.

Every voice matters . Users should feel comfortable sharing their feedback or opinions without the fear of being reported or the progression of their discussion from being halted.

Please refrain from this inappropriate flagging. Please respect each other and be sweet.

..and this feature that has already been misused and abused is being migrated to the WOW forums?

Why do I have the feeling Alliance posters will suddenly "mysteriously" disappear for not towing the line of certain........ "assertive" others.
Are the forums going to turn to the trash that the other ActivisionBlizzard games have?

Smart move. Now people that only sub for the forums will unsub because of the new awful layout.