ICYMI: New Forums will be here on (edit) Thursday

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
11/11/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Lorash
11/11/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Tyierin
New forums hype! Hopefully they have notifications, for example if someone quotes you. I wanna be notified if someone wants to fight

Hahaha I <3 you.

See? Didn’t even see this because of no notifications ;)
Wow i guess somthing froze over. It might acually happen.
Post or don't post. But threats aren't a big thing with me.

ahem

This playerbase cant be trusted not to misuse or abuse it.
11/11/2018 02:06 PMPosted by Eret
Wow i guess somthing froze over. It might acually happen.

Yeah, we've been hearing about it for what? Over a year?

Mostly in regards to not fixing the current forums when they've broken.

So this is kind of exciting that they won't have that excuse any longer.
11/11/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Jagdtiger
Are the forums going to turn to the trash that the other ActivisionBlizzard games have?

Smart move. Now people that only sub for the forums will unsub because of the new awful layout.

I'm honestly curious how many folks only pay to post on the forums. I know I did for a while during my observation of Legion before deciding to call it quits, but I have to wonder if it's really a big enough chunk for them to even consider.

That being said, the only thing the upcoming changes to the forums does is ensure that I disappear sooner than later given the gifted time was only for a month.
11/11/2018 02:00 PMPosted by Shamoke
11/11/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Artanu
Leftists ruin everything. R.I.P the forums.

It's not political, it's damage control over us being bad boys and spamming how terrible BFA and the general direction of WoW is at the moment and spooking diligent investors

Why do you think that? We have known for over a year we were getting the new forum software. They started with OW, then HotS, had HS planned this Oct but delayed it. Now WoW. They will migrate all the games to the same format. It has nothing to do with BFA and they are not removing the posts, just making all the forums read only.
I come here to enjoy the controversies, the differences of opinions, sometimes heated. If people have to tiptoe around and watch what they say for fear of suspension or ban, it's going to be really quite dry. Seems to be taking a lot of the fun out of the forums.
oh damn

i look forward to the wow forums melting once they implement the new software
11/11/2018 02:12 PMPosted by Mirasol
11/11/2018 02:00 PMPosted by Shamoke

It's not political, it's damage control over us being bad boys and spamming how terrible BFA and the general direction of WoW is at the moment and spooking diligent investors

Why do you think that? We have known for over a year we were getting the new forum software. They started with OW, then HotS, had HS planned this Oct but delayed it. Now WoW. They will migrate all the games to the same format. It has nothing to do with BFA and they are not removing the posts, just making all the forums read only.

okay just because they planned to initiate a system that will allow them to significantly limit disgruntled subscribers from posting negative feedback with in-game punishments a year ago means we should be okay with it
11/11/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Etch
oh damn

i look forward to the wow forums melting once they implement the new software

It's going to 'be the end of wow'
11/11/2018 02:12 PMPosted by Mirasol
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Just because they planned to initiate a new system that will allow them to significantly limit disgruntled subscribers from posting negative feedback with in-game punishments a year ago doesn't mean we should be happy about it now
It's going to 'be the end of the wow forums'

Fixed that for you!
11/11/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Snowfox

how will you ever live without the precious lounge threads
Personally, I don't like the new forum layout, I pretty much stopped using the hots forums because I can't figure out how they work.

like replies are listed under the post they're replying to, but then also as a separate post further down? wtf, why do they need to be listed twice?

but I'll probably just have to learn how it works now that it's coming to where I post most often.
11/11/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Etch

I don't post in those. Go ask them, they'll tell you I post there all the time about how I don't post in those.
11/11/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Etch

They have a lounge thread in OW that is a sticky post. Pretty sure they are not taking our lounge thread away from us.
11/11/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Shamoke
okay just because they planned to initiate a system that will allow them to significantly limit disgruntled subscribers from posting negative feedback with in-game punishments a year ago means we should be okay with it

You know they could permaban anyone they wish any time they wish?
I would much prefer them to update the PvP ui to be more like OW where your toons are shown at the end instead of just a scoreboard with the option to stay as a team.

I’m sure they have separate teams, but it would greatly improve the look of WoW.