ICYMI: New Forums will be here on (edit) Thursday

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
Wow the overwatch forums are terrible. Please tell me theyre at least better than that clown fiesta
11/11/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Crepe
11/11/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Aehl
So if they do migrate that across, thats the last you will; ever hear from me ever again.

I'm not big on ultimatums.

So if that's the way you feel about it, that's the way it is. I won't argue with you, chase you down and try and placate you, pretty much nothing.

Post or don't post. But threats aren't a big thing with me.

And how was this addressed to you in any way, shape, form, or fashion?

There's a reason the attitude toward certain greens and their grossly overinflated sense of self-importance here has been on the rise. Just saying.

Maybe take a step back, and examine exactly why someone stating they won't use the forums if a ceratin feature is implemented is an " ultimatum " or a " threat " to you personally. Or why you felt the need to respond as if it was.
Yup. They wanna control the forums with "good boy points" Where you get special perks for kissing their feet. Figures this pops up after all the negative stuff about BFA and diablos immortal.
11/11/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Prasios
Yup. They wanna control the forums with "good boy points" Where you get special perks for kissing their feet. Figures this pops up after all the negative stuff about BFA and diablos immortal.

They started it in Feb with the OW forums, then HotS, announced HS for Oct then delayed it, now WoW. It will be coming to ALL the games. We have known this over a year. It has nothing to do with BfA or the huge blunder that was DIE.

I am not happy with certain things either, but don't mix up a long planned forum update with those two things.
Well I guess they'll finally accomplish what they actually wanted, which was to get people like me to not post on the forums anymore and less people to use it so they don't have to update it again.
From what I’ve read it sounds like if you have an unpopular opinion on something you could get suspended from playing the game. I sincerely hope this doesn’t happen.
11/11/2018 02:27 PMPosted by Snowfox
I don't post in those. Go ask them, they'll tell you I post there all the time about how I don't post in those.
how scandalous, i shall investigate

11/11/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Mirasol
They have a lounge thread in OW that is a sticky post. Pretty sure they are not taking our lounge thread away from us.

whoosh
11/11/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Savana
I come here to enjoy the controversies, the differences of opinions, sometimes heated. If people have to tiptoe around and watch what they say for fear of suspension or ban, it's going to be really quite dry. Seems to be taking a lot of the fun out of the forums.

I'd just quit WoW.
*hums the soviet theme*
11/11/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Asana
11/11/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Crepe

If you build up sufficient trust level you can embed certain things.

I wouldn't suspect that level will be easy to attain. They've been leery of us embedding anything for quite some time.

If the first video to be embedded here isn't a Rick Roll then I'm going to be disappointed.

Should be fun and, knowing the people here, horribly chaotic for awhile. I'm not sure how I feel about that infinitely scrolling and removal of pages part though.

I can see the infinite post being a bit annoying, but with the ability to tag people and jump to that post, might make it a non issue.
11/11/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Aehl
Does that actually happen? I don't think a forum suspension ever gets you a game suspension. However, a game suspension or silence DOES impact your ability to post.

Yes

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760847870

Update 3: A forum ban (not just suspension) will give you an in game suspension(CaptKittens)

If this is the case here, then goodbye folks, its been good to know you, my days of posting here are at an end forever.

indeed, supression of any disagreement with the white knights.

Oh well, I'll just move along and find other things to do.

Have no intention of allowing fan bois to put me into a ingame suspension.

Can't if ya don't post I suppose.
anyone know what kind of system the new wow forums will use as far as posting under, our character or our battletag or something else entirely?
I'm scared.
The forums will also remember what you’ve read, where you left off, and how long you’ve spent active on the forums.
I'm not sure I want to see that...
Finally unsuspended. Trust Levels? Looks like forum brown nosers will finally be able to earn good boy points and be rewarded for their shilling.
11/11/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Shaelandrys
And how was this addressed to you in any way, shape, form, or fashion?

Crepes response wasn't aimed at you, so why stick your nose in?

..do you see how silly that sounds?
It's a forum. People respond to posts. That's kind of how things work.
11/11/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Aehl
Trust Levels

We want to reward users who are positively contributing to the forums. Over time, these players will be rewarded with the ability to post more often, embed images/links, and more.

How did I know theyd keep these. So your ability to post will be limited by these "trust levels" that can be affected by false or malicious reports or brigading.......no this wont be abused..no that wont ever happen.....

We’ve removed the “thumbs down” button and replaced it with a flagging system with multiple options.

Ah yes a flagging system like the Overwatch one which was abused horribly, was used to shut down any comments that people didnt regardless of how factual they were , false reports, false bans......

Tell me, will a forum suspension also mean an ingame ban like Overwatch does?

If so, the day these new forums get implemented is the day I stop posting here.

Any flagging or any action that affects a persons gameplay does not belong in the hands of this playerbase.

Note: We will be migrating over threads created in the last two weeks to allow ongoing community discussions to continue as seamlessly as possible.

Last two weeks

Well that will leave the OCE forums with maybe three threads at best.
You’re assuming that they don’t want nothing but sunshine and rainbows.

The line is in the sand- take your criticism somewhere else.
Well I'm sure the first week or so will be interesting. No biggie to me, but I had no problems with the way the current forums look and function.
Aww does that mean my 8k+ forum post metric will be reset? :(
take your criticism somewhere else.

..my point precisely....