ICYMI: New Forums will be here on (edit) Thursday

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
Nice! Only, I don't know what I am going to do with the game and the forums going into maintenance on Tuesday.
If things are abused

"IF"?
It's unbelievable how much worse WoW has gotten since 7.3.5, it's now even impacting the forums. I had more fun reading over the goofy threads here, than I did in the actual game.
Fantastic, then the only logical choice will be to not post anything on the forums because the reporting can and WILL be abused.
Remember a couple of weeks ago how all the Asmongold fanboi's trolled the forums en mass? Yeah, they would have abused the feature.
Whatever community we had here (toxic or otherwise) will be effectively over due to this.
Just my two cents.
I am another who will not post when the forums switch.

My opinions are often unpopular. I won't risk my game account for something like the forums. I may not be loving WoW right now but that does not mean I consider my account disposable.
11/11/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Sabyrr
I am another who will not post when the forums switch.

My opinions are often unpopular. I won't risk my game account for something like the forums. I may not be loving WoW right now but that does not mean I consider my account disposable.

I don't think it will affect the game though, I'm not too sure.
As a forum gnome I can honestly say I'm scared.
11/11/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Genamue
Glad to hear that forum bans might be banning someone in game too

Not so good if someone posts a legitimate concern that proves unpopular among a segment of the forum posting population and in turn that poster gets reported and banned in-forums and in-game.

Just imagine for example someone posts something about Sylvanas and a group of Alliance RPers decided to report the poster because they want Sylvanas removed from the game. This said poster ends up getting banned in game unfairly.

Same would go if a some poster talks about getting rid of Sylvanas as warchief and a group of Sylvanas fans get together and ban the poster.

Can you see the possibilities of abuse?
Trust Levels, eh? I didn't know that Blizzard would be taking the Good Boy Points approach so that people stop hating them for the dumpster fire they started. Because silencing criticism is a great strategy for improving your game.

Post limit? Yeah no

"Report abuse" is undoubtedly going to be abused. People are gonna be banned in-game and out because someone doesn't like what another person said about zombie waifu.

I welcome a forum overhaul, but these are not improvements.
11/11/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Dreadmoon
11/11/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Genamue
Glad to hear that forum bans might be banning someone in game too

Not so good if someone posts a legitimate concern that proves unpopular among a segment of the forum posting population and in turn that poster gets reported and banned in-forums and in-game.

It's very very unlikely forum bans will result in in-game bans.
11/11/2018 07:48 PMPosted by Snowfox

11/11/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Aehl
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760847870

Well they did it in Overwatch. Not liking our chances in WoW :(
11/11/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Aehl

Yes

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760847870

If this is the case here, then goodbye folks, its been good to know you, my days of posting here are at an end forever.

Thanks for the links folks.

Reading up on it, it will take some serious work to get in-game consequences.

Update 5: If you’re not getting a forum ban, whether or not you get an in game suspension depends on the severity of the offense. Cheating/exploits will result in bans from both the game and forums, however toxicity will not result in a game suspension
(WyomingMyst)

WM is the Tech Support MVP and talks to the Blues all the time. I do trust him that when he posted that info it was accurate.

So, forum bans can = in-game suspension.
Forum suspension != in-game suspension unless it is something really bad like promoting exploits/cheats.

That's cool, I just won't ever post again. Can you imagine getting a game suspension, because you got a forum ban for legitimately getting angry about something Blizzard did.

No thanks, I'll go take my ranting to MMO champion.

Sorry, not taking the risk. OW is buy once and free to play, WOW is pay to play.

And it is very very likely that the flagging tool will be abused and misused to silence and ban anyone who dares disagree with them.

Which is why, I would imagine, a lot of people after these new forums come in will never be seen or heard from again.

Brigading

Brigading is an online harassment tactic where a group of people rally against an individual (or occasionally against a small group of people) in a coordinated, sustained and organized way.

NO THANK YOU.
11/11/2018 08:18 PMPosted by Aehl

And it is very very likely that the flagging tool will be abused and misused to silence and ban anyone who dares disagree with them.

Well we survived downvoting trying to do that.. and all the false reporting here.

I do think posters will have to be a little more careful about the nasty posts to other players. The mods seem to be cracking down on that a lot.
Well we survived downvoting trying to do that.. and all the false reporting here.

Downvotes didnt result in ingame suspensions a la Overwatch.

With this, they do.
I'm looking forward to the gnashing and wailing. Best advice, expect a clown show, and stock up on popcorn.
Man, I can't wait to see the carnage when multiboxers realize they can get anyone they want banned from the game by reporting them ON THE FORUMS.

(That was sarcasm, by the way. Forum bans leading to in-game bans is a terrible idea.)
11/11/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Aehl

Downvotes didnt result in ingame suspensions a la Overwatch.

With this, they do.

No, that's made up doomsaying.

We don't know that any wow forum moderation will result in in-game suspensions.

..nor that we'll even have downvotes - much less them resulting in forum actions.
"The forums will also remember what you’ve read, where you left off, and how long you’ve spent active on the forums."

I don't necessarily need this last part. Some of us (including me) spend waaay too much time here.