ICYMI: New Forums will be here on (edit) Thursday

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
11/11/2018 10:19 PMPosted by Aehl
No, that's made up doomsaying.

See my prev link

We don't know that any wow forum moderation will reult in in-game suspensions...nor that we'll even have downvotes - much less them resulting in forum actions.

It will.

It's doomsaying.

.. and your link is to the overwatch forums. It's irrelevant.
It's doomsaying. .. and your link is to the overwatch forums. It's irrelevant.

Same forum system, same functions. Unless you can show me where Im wrong.
11/11/2018 10:23 PMPosted by Aehl

I don't have to prove you wrong. You have to prove yourself right.

There's no indication other than you saying "overwatch did it" of that happening.

Heroes of the Storm forum. Forum penalties don't have any effect on in-game activity.
11/11/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Brahmina
"We want to reward users who are positively contributing to the forums. Over time, these players will be rewarded with the ability to post more often, embed images/links, and more."

So, we'll be limited in how many posts we can make?

You are already limited. You cannot post more than once a minute.

The fearmongering in these boards is just so weird and awkward to watch.
Honestly if it scares off a lot of the really jaded posters ...i say about time.

Granted i guess ill have to reign in my sarcasm on 90% of everything (the good lord knows humor is a dying art in 2018...thanks social media...) .
11/11/2018 10:33 PMPosted by Whiskeyjack
11/11/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Brahmina
"We want to reward users who are positively contributing to the forums. Over time, these players will be rewarded with the ability to post more often, embed images/links, and more."

So, we'll be limited in how many posts we can make?

You are already limited. You cannot post more than once a minute.

The fearmongering in these boards is just so weird and awkward to watch.

Pretty sure he means the cap. As in, at the 0 trust level you can only post so many times for that day or before you get to the next trust level (or however it will work).

Man, it would be nice if there was a better guide than that little article.

Edit: if they added more trust or whatever it would be cool if they added a signature option for those who get high up there.
Are post counts going to start from 0 again?

:/
Can we get a 25k+ lolpoints only subforum with it?
=(
If you think that trolls won't abuse this system then I have a bridge to sell you.
11/12/2018 12:06 AMPosted by Neocleo
If you think that trolls won't abuse this system then I have a bridge to sell you.
i will gladly pay 4 copper for the bridge you're selling
11/11/2018 11:05 PMPosted by Kirela
Man, it would be nice if there was a better guide than that little article.

I have made a detailed guide in the Heroes of the Storm forum when they made the jump. I will of course post the same guide on the new WoW forums when it launches.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/new-forum-syntax-guide-details-about-trust-levels/380
BEtter get our papers in order.

Heroes of the Storm forum. Forum penalties don't have any effect on in-game activity.

BLizzard has shown it treats different games differently so wait and see what they have for us.
NOt really optimistic here.
11/11/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Edisbelee
Are post counts going to start from 0 again?

:/

from what I read yes. Post counts will not be carried over.
Hey Siyanati

Re this link

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/new-forum-syntax-guide-details-about-trust-levels/380/16

That’s good, because the silence penalty is automatic and can be falsely issued.

True or false?

The flag system can be abused and you will be automatically silenced until a moderator looks at it...which could be ten minutes or two full days.
11/11/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Crepe
11/11/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Aehl
Tell me, will a forum suspension also mean an ingame ban like Overwatch does?

It's been suggested for years. The reverse has been true for quite some time, but didn't migrate over to silence penalties.

I wouldn't suspect they'll decide to implement this. But I haven't seen discussion of this in either direction.

If they want to get paid it won't.
Trust Levels

We want to reward users who are positively contributing to the forums. Over time, these players will be rewarded with the ability to post more often, embed images/links, and more.
This sounds like they are going to reward people for posting positive things about the game and anything negative will be punished.

Don't like sylvanas and wanna make a thread about it? Woops, you'll be punished for it.

I'm not sure about any of you but this part has be worried that the company is trying to censor criticism they disagree with even more so.