The Island Expedition we want

General Discussion
The Alliance and Horde boats accidentally sail through a strange portal and find themselves on the island of Farahlon in Alt-Draenor. You can rationalize that the portal sucked up a bunch of azerite that stabalized the portal.
We don't actually want any Island Expedition.
Islands are kinda like a trial version of those Dungeons in Diablo that change every time.

Need moar Dubloons
11/12/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Tufani
The Alliance and Horde boats accidentally sail through a strange portal and find themselves on the island of Farahlon in Alt-Draenor. You can rationalize that the portal sucked up a bunch of azerite that stabalized the portal.

Sail into a black hole? Why?

They do need to add more Island expeditions, in fact I believe they're coming out with about 2 new islands in the future that look pretty exciting.

We DON'T want island expeditions. They're boring. Give us something like an invasion from WoD or a more fleshed out encounter like Pandarian scenarios.

Out of the 3, island expeditions are the one that get the most stale the quickest.
I like the idea of the islands, but the execution is pretty lackluster.

As they are now it is just a mad dash to fill the ships and from what I am reading we miss out on the cool pet and mount drops.
11/12/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Stompypotato

As they are now it is just a mad dash to fill the ships and from what I am reading we miss out on the cool pet and mount drops.

I'm not fond of Island Expeditions either. I feel like there's an exploration angle that could've been fun but just wasn't really considered. Sure, let's mad dash to grab Azerite -- but what other secrets do specific islands have?

Missed opportunity, IMO.
I like islands. Hoping for a raised Naga waterfall island. With some watersprouts and maybe some gliders.
Candied Island.

They've got lollipop trees and a lemonade sea!
11/12/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Smadinker
11/12/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes

I'm not fond of Island Expeditions either. I feel like there's an exploration angle that could've been fun but just wasn't really considered. Sure, let's mad dash to grab Azerite -- but what other secrets do specific islands have?

Missed opportunity, IMO.

Exactly. Maybe they will fix them in an upcoming patch, but since they marketed them as the best way to gather azerite for the necklace I am not too optimistic.
I would like some with underwater caves.

Elemental planes.

Kvaldir island

Murloc based island

Gilgoblin island

Seagiant locale

Titan based facility

A glacier palace.

A sunken city island

A technoplace like kezan or goblin oilrig.

Volcano (inside it) with more elementals.
11/12/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Stompypotato

Missed opportunity, IMO.

Exactly. Maybe they will fix them in an upcoming patch, but since they marketed them as the best way to gather azerite for the necklace I am not too optimistic.

Same. Honestly I think their name is a misnomer - something like Island Azerite Rush seems more fitting.

Missed opportunity, IMO.

This is so true. In some ways this expac is going to be remembered as the big strike out expac...three big swings and theee big misses (Azerite, islands, warfronts).
11/12/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Smadinker

+1

It will be hard to get me to start doing these isles again. I had to grind countless isles to finally get Squawks to drop...

It really is sad though. Island expeditions had a lot of promise. They were just poorly executed.

I wish they:
-had pooled all the vanity rewards so that all the mobs could drop mounts etc instead of just a few mobs (especially the invasion mobs)
-had streamlined the events so that they don't feel like a grind fest
-had made it so that collectors and normal players goals did not clash
-had emphasized exploring over mob grinding with a timer
-had limited the npc enemy team to the pvp modes because they are annoying
What i actually want.

Randomly generated island i can go explore and hunt for AZ.
The Alliance and Horde boats accidentally sail through a strange portal and find themselves on the island of Farahlon in Alt-Draenor.

Oh no!!! Alliance! Back off!
I've had enough of this disgusting relativistic reality and its edge orcs!