is the new forum like the wc3 remaster forum?

General Discussion
11/12/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Brahmina
11/12/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Kalorea

Sometimes the problem is how the person on the other end perceives things though. I do acknowledge there are real trolls and flamers but you should acknowledge that non-trolls can sometimes be taken to be trolls as well. I have seen it happen all to often. I worry about the moderation going forward.
Yes, that's partly what I mean about not knowing "social skills". It's very hard to express oneself with written word only. People are almost guaranteed to take your words wrong by reading an intent behind them that was never there. So posters need to think carefully about what they want to say and how they want to say it.

But far too many just write whatever first pops into their heads and post it immediately. They don't even take the time to read the preview and ask themselves if the post says what they intend to say. And so, it easily comes off as trolling when that wasn't the poster's intent at all.

I have no idea how this will all play out in the new forums. Best case scenario is that players will learn how to compose their posts on controversial topics in ways that the moderators will view as sincere, if negative, feedback.

I don't agree with the moderators being super strict if it's not very clear whether the person was being offensive or not. This gives too much power over the person who received reports against them and isn't impartial enough.
With the GD and forum in general being a cesspool of sorts, I'm not surprised people are yelling - - - what will we do without the constant dumb, childish threads that take up 99% of these forums.

Won't someone think of the children!
11/12/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Kalorea
Yes.

The new forums allow for easier and swifter moderation. So that means you won't be getting away with anything like you would here.

They are much harder on people now with the new setup and crack down pretty hard on trolling, spam, non-constructive posting and just general remarks made exclusively by jerks.

Better bust out your rainbows and sunshine mindset.

What pisses me off about this is they punish those on the autism spectrum all the same. I sometimes piss people off without trying to and when actively trying not to. It's a disability.

Yes.

The new forums allow for easier and swifter moderation. So that means you won't be getting away with anything like you would here.

They are much harder on people now with the new setup and crack down pretty hard on trolling, spam, non-constructive posting and just general remarks made exclusively by jerks.

What pisses me off about this is they punish those on the autism spectrum all the same. I sometimes piss people off without trying to and when actively trying not to. It's a disability.

They can't make exceptions because you say you have a disability. If they make it for you, they would have to do it for everyone that claimed they were on the spectrum.

It's far easier to deal with everyone the same. Does it suck for people that are actually on the spectrum, yup.

Does it prevent abuse of the system by trolls? Yup.

They can't make exceptions because you say you have a disability. If they make it for you, they would have to do it for everyone that claimed they were on the spectrum.

It's far easier to deal with everyone the same. Does it suck for people that are actually on the spectrum, yup.

Does it prevent abuse of the system by trolls? Yup.

Sure it's far easier for them to do it this way but it doesn't make it right. It's still ableism which is a form of discrimination. That makes it no different then racial or gender discrimination.

People don't tend to see it this way though because mental conditions are invisible and especially online. They also attribute mental conditions to excuses for bad behavior. Not to say I can't control what I say but I don't think it's fair to treat everyone the same way.
11/12/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Wuhjikô
Yes.

They have fancy new tools now with the setup and crack down pretty hard on trolling, spam, non-constructive posting and just general remarks made exclusively by jerks.

I was complaining about the time gated pre order bonus for buying the more expensive version of the remake of warcraft 3. I am a customer and have the right to voice my dislike for shady business practices.
11/12/2018 12:15 PMPosted by Crepe
11/12/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Onorlus
So....no "non-constructive" posts? So you can't post that you don't like something in the game unless you post a solution? Oh, THIS ought to be good...

Non-constructive posts are trolling threads or blatant violations of the posting guidelines.

You can post you don't like stuff in the game. Just be a semi-civil human being about it. (This is apparently quite difficult.)

calling the company activison-activision is over the line? lol