Race change and items

Customer Support
Hello, I have a draenei paladin that I want to race change, would all of his soulbound items be able to be equipped by him as a human? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just went through a lot to get the tabard of the Lightbringer and wanted him to actually be able to use the tabard, not just transmog it. Thank you for your time!
11/12/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Tomaren
Hello, I have a draenei paladin that I want to race change, would all of his soulbound items be able to be equipped by him as a human? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just went through a lot to get the tabard of the Lightbringer and wanted him to actually be able to use the tabard, not just transmog it. Thank you for your time!
Yes you can use it. You don't lose items from race-changing.
Thank you very much! I appreciate your help!
The Tabard isn't race specific, so it should be fine.

The only time you'd encounter an issue is if you had an item that was specific to that race. Those tend to be pretty rare though.
To my knowledge, faction specific items switch to their opposite faction equivalent. I think race-specific ones may as well, if there's a counterpart in the new race. (The specific example I'm thinking about would be paladin mounts.)