it use to be 10 wins...
11/12/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Healbotuser
I agree, takes too much time per character to do:
Weekly expo cap
1 +10 M+ key
Normal/heroic/and mythic raid
Daily WQs to keep neck up
Cap your conquest out
Farm some gold to afford repairs (if not covered by your guild)

Then you can finally play the game, unless you want to gear up other alts.

Stop farming AP
I don't even cap anymore too much work getting monk shaman and druid cap let alone doing mythic +.
youre preaching to the chore friend.
the amount of people who want or are looking for "2k+ xp" and clearly have no idea what they are doing is irritating. I've had way way better games just posting "chill LF cap" than anything else.

That said, i agree. I only cap one character a week. Too tedious to do them all.
Yeah, seriously.
How could you keep me from reroll from fotm to fotm if you keep these catch up in game that requires me to play like 15 games for cap?
Ridiculous!
Unsubscribes.
11/13/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Zubzubizz
Yeah, seriously.
How could you keep me from reroll from fotm to fotm if you keep these catch up in game that requires me to play like 15 games for cap?
Ridiculous!
Unsubscribes.

yeah , but if you don't like doing anything besides pvp, all you can do is either level alts or slam your head against the wall in LFG. So in my case, it's level alts while I wait for friends to login. The downside is that now i have 4 120's and can't be assed to cap all 4 of them every week.
11/13/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Mugino
14 wins in 3s if u do it in one queue session
it use to be 10 wins...

This is classic behavior for corporations to extract more from their customers. They just make minor changes every so often so as not to upset the customers too much.

It used to be 10 wins in 2v2 or 3v3. 10 wins, cap, move on to next character, by end of season all of your characters are fully pvp geared with a REQUIRED play time of about 1 hour per week per character thanks to vendors.

Then it was 15 in Legion, but they removed the vendors and losses counted towards it. The removal of vendors was eased with the addition of templates. "You don't really need vendors because your gear doesn't matter". This was a calculated move on their part so as not to upset the masses. They knew templates wouldn't stay, but they couldn't pull the vendor rug out from everyone's feet so abruptly. There had to be a cushion and a transitional period. Templates and Legion were it.

The losses counting (albeit a very small amount) was their way of increasing the requirement without too much backlash by stating overall it will help people because most do not win every game. It helping people wasn't true though as the reward for a loss was too small, but it served it's purpose to quiet the complaints. This was really just to set up their next move though.

In BfA vendors are still gone but now so are templates, and it's 14 3vs3 wins and losses no longer count. Thanks to players like Abomb they were able to remove templates with their victims advocating for the change. Now they have their ideal setup: No vendors, full RNG gear, and no templates. It was almost too easy for them honestly.

The losses no longer counting towards your cap was masterfully done without so much as a whimper from the community. With so much else going on who would notice this? They hoped nobody and they were right. So for the majority of players the time to cap has increased yet again to give them a net gain in playtime from their PvP customers.

Also it's now only 14 wins in 3v3 despite 2v2 being the most popular bracket. The best part about that is they fooled the die hard "3v3" players into fighting their battle for them where they try to silence and shame anyone discontent with 2v2 awarding less points now. "2's isn't balanced shut up and play 3v3" is the call of the Blizzard lackey.

Next xpac they will surely change the reward system once more to obfuscate their intended goals, but I guarantee it will be another move which will increase the required playtime from their PvP customers on a whole.

Did you know cable TV originally didn't have commercials. That was one of it's selling points. Why would you have to watch commercials if you are directly paying for the content? Advertisement revenue was only needed for free over-the-air television. Now look at it. The same thing is happening here just in a different way.
11/13/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Hexxes
11/13/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Mugino
14 wins in 3s if u do it in one queue session
it use to be 10 wins...

This is classic behavior for corporations to extract more from their customers. They just make minor changes every so often so as not to upset the customers too much.

It used to be 10 wins in 2v2 or 3v3. 10 wins, cap, move on to next character, by end of season all of your characters are fully pvp geared with a REQUIRED play time of about 1 hour per week thanks to vendors.

Then it was 15 in Legion, but they removed the vendors and losses counted towards it. The removal of vendors was eased with the addition of templates. "You don't really need vendors because your gear doesn't matter". This was a calculated move on their part so as not to upset the masses. They knew templates wouldn't stay, but they couldn't pull the vendor rug out from everyone's feet so abruptly. There had to be a cushion and a transitional period. Templates and Legion were it.

The losses counting (albeit a very small amount) was their way of increasing the requirement without too much backlash by stating overall it will help people because most do not win every game. It helping people wasn't true though as the reward for a loss was too small, but it served it's purpose to quiet the complaints. This was really just to set up their next move though.

In BfA vendors are still gone but now so are templates, and it's 14 3vs3 wins and losses no longer count. Thanks to players like Abomb they were able to remove templates with their victims advocating for the change. Now they have their ideal setup: No vendors, full RNG gear, and no templates. It was almost too easy for them honestly.

The losses not counting was masterfully removed without so much as a whimper from the community. With so much else going on who would notice this? They hoped nobody and were right. So for the majority of players the time to cap has increased yet again to give them a net gain in playtime from their PvP customers.

Also it's now only 14 wins in 3v3 despite 2v2 being the most popular bracket. The best part about that is they fooled the die hard "3v3" players into fighting their battle for them yet again where they try to silence and shame anyone discontent with 2v2 awarding less points now. "2's isn't balanced shut up and play 3v3" is the call of the Blizzard lackey.

Next xpac they will surely change the reward system yet again to obfuscate their intended goals, but I guarantee it will be another move which will increase the required playtime from their PvP customers on a whole.

Did you know cable TV originally didn't have commercials. That was one of it's selling points. Why would you have to watch commercials if you are directly paying for the content? Advertisement revenue was only needed for free over-the-air television. Now look at it. The same thing is happening here just in a different way.

A Hexxes post I support. +1