Will Classic WoW have old PVP ranking system?

Classic Discussion
11/12/2018 08:16 PMPosted by Vaenora
It was purely based around time investment relative to the rest of the playerbase.

This is patently untrue. Yes, it required an enormous amount of time to reach R14 . . . but unless you also worked with a team that won substantially more bgs than they lost, you're not going to make it.
Blizz wont put it back in, and thousands will cry out that blizz is ruining their classic experience, even though none of them ever did the 100 hour a week grind required for it(or account shared, blizz loves that.)
11/12/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Sollis
Blizz wont put it back in, and thousands will cry out that blizz is ruining their classic experience, even though none of them ever did the 100 hour a week grind required for it(or account shared, blizz loves that.)

Look. The player decides how much time they want to devote to rank. PVP is fun. Battlegrounds are fun. That is all the reason most of us needed to keep queueing. R14 might require 100 hours a week for a month. So what? The vast majority of us are fine with not achieving that rank. In 3 hours a week you can be R2 or 3. If you put in 10 to 20 hours a week with a decent premade, Stone or Blood guard ranks are yours. What more could a person want?

Like raiding, the pvp rank climb was a demanding end game pursuit. It must be available. Whether you take part or not is your choice.

Leaving the PVP Rank System out of Classic would be worse than leaving the raids out - it would disappoint far more people.
Yes.
Oh, you think not having a life is your ally. But you merely adopted the poopsock; Rank 14 players were born in it, moulded by it. They didn't see the light until mom came in to check on them, by then it was nothing to them but BLINDING!
11/12/2018 08:01 PMPosted by Vaenora
11/12/2018 06:03 PMPosted by Veskr
It must have the pvp grind, otherwise it is NOT classic!

Yeah no. How about we don't bring back the single most toxic ranking system to have ever existed in any game? It amounted to virtual poison for the human body and mind.

Or you could just pvp and not worry about it.
11/12/2018 08:36 PMPosted by Eaglesgift
11/12/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Sollis

Look. The player decides how much time they want to devote to rank. PVP is fun. Battlegrounds are fun. That is all the reason most of us needed to keep queueing. R14 might require 100 hours a week for a month. So what? The vast majority of us are fine with not achieving that rank. In 3 hours a week you can be R2 or 3. If you put in 10 to 20 hours a week with a decent premade, Stone or Blood guard ranks are yours. What more could a person want?

Like raiding, the pvp rank climb was a demanding end game pursuit. It must be available. Whether you take part or not is your choice.

Leaving the PVP Rank System out of Classic would be worse than leaving the raids out - it would disappoint far more people.

On the other hand playing with people who were trying to do the rank 14 grind when you weren't was not fun. Why? Because those people weren't there to have fun they were there to grind ranks.
11/12/2018 08:24 PMPosted by Eaglesgift
Those of us who emphasize pvp as our endgame play style enjoyed the system.

Uh, no we didn't. Rofl. There was nothing to enjoy abut the system seeing as it was a pure grind.
most likely if they are just straight backporting the 1.12.1 client
I lived with a mate that did the Rank 14 grind, it takes massive dedication and it also helps if you aren't on a high pop realm to make it ever worse for yourself.
The streamers are going to have trouble even with their lackeys.
11/12/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Eaglesgift
If you can pvp maybe 4 hours a day for 2-3 months, you would be sitting pretty at rank 10 or maybe even 11. This presupposes you are in a pvp battleground premade team so you can make the best of your time. All of us who really enjoy battlegrounds will get this rank - and the blue pvp set.

Going higher than that is another matter - but by the time you reach rank 10 you will be an expert and you can sort it yourself.

Really, just play. If pvp is your think, the ranks will come. It is very possible that Classic won't, generally, be played for as many hours in average as Vanilla was. It might be easier to get high ranks.

He asked specifically about High Warlord, not just ranking high. It's easy to get 10 or 11 even with working full time. But there's only 1 high Warlord per server, it's nearly impossible because most people that get it either share an account so they can PvP round the clock or guilds that pass it back and forth.

You have to be delusional to think this. I've been an avid, primarily PvP player since the original beta, but to think that PvP players are the majority is plain ridiculous. Not only that, but without raiding PvE players literally have no end game. No ranking system doesn't matter because PvP via BGs and the open world is compelling enough on its own to not need it.

If they find another way to introduce PvP gear that's pure icing.
11/12/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Ombra
Does anyone know? Can anyone comment on how difficult achieving High Warlord was?

Yes but not right away is the plan they mentioned at blizzcon. And It kinda depends on how you define hard. You don't have to be good at pvp so much, you just have to be able to coordinate with people to pvp like all day every day for at least 3 months straight, but longer the more people are in on it.
How many people here saying no pvp system are "no changers"?

Yes it will be there and yes it should be there.

I will not get to a high rank but fine idc, I'll do weekly raiding for my gear.
11/12/2018 10:22 PMPosted by Raggnnar
Yes it will be there and yes it should be there.

It would be actual lunacy for Blizzard to implement for a second time a system that heavily encouraged what amounted to self-harm. It won't happen if for no other reason than that it would be PR suicide.

The first go around they could claim ignorance and status-quo. They have neither excuse now.
11/12/2018 08:44 PMPosted by Ziryus

On the other hand playing with people who were trying to do the rank 14 grind when you weren't was not fun. Why? Because those people weren't there to have fun they were there to grind ranks.

Huh, this is interesting because I had a very long list of players that wanted to play with me again even though I was doing the PvP grind and they were only there because they wanted to play a few games that day. Most people that played with me came back for more, so I assume they had fun based on their actions and this ignores them telling me they had a great time.
The people saying it just requires time aren't painting the full picture. My r14 friend said you need connections. You need to queue only with a premade, a support team. You'd have all the class buffs, auras / totems, full time healers, expensive flasks & consumables. You'd also need to be raid BIS or close to.

Then there's the politics. You'd have to negotiate with the other few contenders for the r14 spot. Like you'd try to agree on who would get it first.

Trying to make out like just anyone who's unemployed can get r14 is silly.
>Job or Active social/family life

>Rank 14

>Sleep

Choose 2...
R14 takes 14 hours a day for about 3 months.

It also requires other players to basically allow you to get #1 standing for the final 3 weeks. On the p servers there is usually someone who sets this up and there is collaboration amongst the top PvPers.
Admittedly, it is harder to get R14 on Private Servers because the population is way higher than the normal cap.

Also, you can get more than 1 rank 14 per week per faction. It requires a lot of coordination, but it has been done.