Combat Rogue in Vanilla?

Classic Discussion
11/12/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Sinistrë
11/12/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Zlo
Combat was the go to for PvE. I will most likely stick to a cookie cutter build which is viable but sometimes not optimal if gear isn't there. If DM is not available at start, most rogues will be forced combat swords unless lucky with drops and I would think Blizzard will change their mind about current plan for content release and move DM couple months down the road. Rogues should expect to be combat until some them get a decent dagger. Ill be glad if they move DM down the road but be sad because I'll be forced into Combat for first couple weeks until perdition's blade goes to me.

GL getting a perd blade 2 weeks into classic

Thanks! Probably wont get it for months honestly but thats the first goal!
Combat was the go to for PvE. I will most likely stick to a cookie cutter build which is viable but sometimes not optimal if gear isn't there. If DM is not available at start, most rogues will be forced combat swords unless lucky with drops and I would think Blizzard will change their mind about current plan for content release and move DM couple months down the road. Rogues should expect to be combat until some them get a decent dagger. Ill be glad if they move DM down the road but be sad because I'll be forced into Combat for first couple weeks until perdition's blade goes to me.

2 (or maybe 3, for fresh 60s) rogues can farm plugger in BRD and get Barman Shanker- daggers within an hour of level capping.

That's probably your best bet for early dungeons (with an added bonus of letting you spec for IMP Sap for the pre-raid dungeon grind).

The good news is, the sword off Onyxia is BiS until the one off Chromagus, and Perdition's is BiS until like... Naxx basically as Pugio from AQ40 is a side grade and Cthun Kill will be rarer than about half the boss kills in Naxx.

Rogues actually have some of the friendliest upgrade paths in the game for weapons... Getting Core Hounds Tooth for a dagger OH might be a bigger bottleneck.
Just spec into your best weapons.
il be leveling sub on a pvp realm for my first 60 idgaf swords might be better and easier to consistantly upgrade while leveling but sub is just so much more fun then combat and wpvp while everyones maxing .. who else is with me on sub daggers ?
11/12/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Roxanewatson
Is it any good? Was combat Rogue even a thing back then?
cOmBaT RoGuE In vAnIlLa?
iS It aNy gOoD?
wAs cOmBaT RoGuE EvEn a tHiNg bAcK ThEn?

don't you have a phone you could google this on? d̢͈̪͕͖o̸̻̰͝ ҉̼̤̻̱͈̗̜̣͍y͏̺̫̗̭̼̩o̫̜͔u̵̵̩̣̳͘ ̺͚̠͘ẁ̻̮̗̹̺́ͅa̵͇͙̱̠̬̲̲͞͡n̷̩̻͈͘͡ṭ͠ ̧͉̤̻̺̤͡͡t̸̫̼̝̭̗͉͓o͓̞͙̣̼̣̝̺̗͟͠͞ ̵̢̤̩̻̘̥̲̲̖ͅd̨̡͚̜̥̣͚͚͠ͅi̢͎͢e̲̼̙̲?̨̦̙̲̥̖͖̹͎̘
11/12/2018 09:34 PMPosted by Busshock

2 (or maybe 3, for fresh 60s) rogues can farm plugger in BRD and get Barman Shanker- daggers within an hour of level capping.

That's probably your best bet for early dungeons (with an added bonus of letting you spec for IMP Sap for the pre-raid dungeon grind).

The good news is, the sword off Onyxia is BiS until the one off Chromagus, and Perdition's is BiS until like... Naxx basically as Pugio from AQ40 is a side grade and Cthun Kill will be rarer than about half the boss kills in Naxx.

Rogues actually have some of the friendliest upgrade paths in the game for weapons... Getting Core Hounds Tooth for a dagger OH might be a bigger bottleneck.

I hate using swords on a rogue

Better dps daggers than barman shanker that have higher drop rates. But yea perdition is BiS till either rank 14 or Naxx. As for OH I personally hate Core Hounds Tooth. Looks > Dps
11/13/2018 09:24 AMPosted by Zlo
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I hate using swords on a rogue

Better dps daggers than barman shanker that have higher drop rates. But yea perdition is BiS till either rank 14 or Naxx. As for OH I personally hate Core Hounds Tooth. Looks > Dps
Don't forget about Death's Sting.

Edit: Also, you don't need a dagger OH, just get the highest DPS weapon available to you.