What do you do if your spouse faction changes?

General Discussion
Maybe your significant other was a closet horde player and was finally ready to come out and play for the other team
11/12/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Roxanewatson
We’ve raised our son since the day he was born to fight for the Alliance. We even named him Varian after our great king. But now he has betrayed our trust and abandoned the good guys for the savage Horde. My son in confused, and he asks me before bed every night “Mommy, why did daddy become a Tauren?” And I don’t know what to tell him. It’s so traumatic for me.

Please tell me this is bait.
11/12/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Eyrinjia
I didn't realize married couples were required to play the same faction.

<eyeroll>

You're everything wrong with this world.
11/12/2018 06:51 PMPosted by Lydon
11/12/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Roxanewatson
We’ve raised our son since the day he was born to fight for the Alliance. We even named him Varian after our great king. But now he has betrayed our trust and abandoned the good guys for the savage Horde. My son in confused, and he asks me before bed every night “Mommy, why did daddy become a Tauren?” And I don’t know what to tell him. It’s so traumatic for me.

Please tell me this is bait.

What do you think?
I've hunted down mine a time or two.. >.>

Though 'hunting' isn't really accurate when I can just look over to the other side of the room and see their whereabouts.
11/12/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Mêphiston
11/12/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Eyrinjia
I didn't realize married couples were required to play the same faction.

<eyeroll>

oooookay. I guess.
<insert Fry "Not sure if serious" meme here>

Why are so many people so lacking when it comes to having a sense of humor?
You do what I do and have your favorite classes on both factions so you can play either side on a whim.
Depends who wears the pants in that relationship......

if it's her/him, than i feel bad for you....

if it's you, i am debating on why you asked.

if it's neither and you can talk about going both factions, than there's hope in humanity.
If your spouse goes Horde then you get a divorce.
If your spouse defects to Alliance then you congratulate him/her and follow suit.
In the words of the Zohan - "My loyalty is to here. I will destroy you."
11/12/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Eyrinjia
11/12/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Mêphiston

oooookay. I guess.

Because you aren't joking, you're judging. You're back pedaling pretty hard here to save face.
11/12/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Roxanewatson
What do you do if your spouse faction changes from Alliance to Horde, but your loyalty to the Alliance prevents you from dishonoring your faction with a treasonous faction change?

My wife downgraded to a social guild back in cata with some of her friends. I corpse camped her and her friends relentlessly till most of them faction changed back.

It was hilarious and well worth the 2 weeks in the dog house.
11/12/2018 06:37 PMPosted by Averyx
Divorce them obviously.

This clearly...
11/12/2018 07:14 PMPosted by Mêphiston
Because you aren't joking, you're judging. You're back pedaling pretty hard here to save face.

I won't speak for her, but I will speak for myself: Yes, I am judging anyone who has questions about a relationship based on a video game faction.
You stop taking the game so serious.
1) Turn on War Mode for yourself
2) When the spouse steps away while logged in, turn on the spouse's warmode
3) Look at spouse's screen to see where they are
4) Find spouse
5) Kill spouse
6) Camp spouse's corpse
7) Sleep on couch

/moo
My gf plays alliance with me even though she played horde when we met. She swapped over.

We eventually made horde alts just to get a horde fix.
My spouse and I mained opposite factions back in Wrath. We enjoyed it because it made transferring items to our opposite faction alts a lot easier. The worst we did to one another in-game was spam /fart at each other every time we were in the same zone.
Why play only half the game? Have toons on both sides.

The hell with both factions both make brainless choices. We ought to be loyal to azeroth and close friends above all else.

Both mists and legion try to emphasize this. Again to hell with factions.
11/12/2018 07:14 PMPosted by Mêphiston
11/12/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Eyrinjia

oooookay. I guess.

No, hon, I was not judging. Your sense of humor is indeed impaired if you think I was being serious in that post. There is no back pedaling involved.