Showdown in Stormsong

Story Forum
Alright. We all know that Rexxar is back in the fight to finish off Jaina, right? And I hope we can all agree that a showdown between the two would be boss AF. However, there's also the issue of power level. I'm pretty sure every Alliance fanboy would be butt-hurt if Jaina got whooped by a half-ogre and a bear, and while I am a biased opinion, I agree that if Rexxar and Misha attacked Jaina, she would end up winning.

However, what if Rexxar wasn't alone? And I'm not talking about Misha (though she would be there). What if Rexxar got the old WC 3 crew back together! I like to think that with Rokhan, Chen, and Samuro backing him up, they could defeat the not-a-dreadlord Jaina.

AN: I know Chen is "officially" neutral, but I'm pretty sure he'd help an old friend beat up a wizard that was trying to kill him. As for everyone else, it thematically works because their already part of the Horde
That would be amazing to have the team back together. Though I would say Drek'Thar over Samuro.
Sorry, the only way I see this ending is with Jaina winning and the Horde losing yet another historic hero in Rexxar.
11/13/2018 07:32 AMPosted by Pellex
Sorry, the only way I see this ending is with Jaina winning and the Horde losing yet another historic hero in Rexxar.

Seeing as how the story of WoW will always paint the Alliance as heros, yes, that would probably happen. It would be cool nonetheless
The only shot they have is Samuro assassinating her.
While Jaina attempted to make peace he studied the Blade.

When Theramore was destroyed he studied the Blade.

When the Legion attacked he studied the Blade.

During the Battle of Lordaeron he studied the Blade...
At the start of the expansion when we got the Jaina Warbringer cinematic and we found out Rexxar was involved in the war campaign because 'Jaina has gone too far and killed too many' that this was the direction that we were going.

That despite what many said was impossible, we were going to have Jaina appear as a rai boss (if only for the Horde) and that there would be some kind of settling of affairs between Rexxar and Jaina, with Rohkhan and the Horde players by his side (though not necessarily with Thrall or Chen in tow as I think their presence would more than overshadow Rexxar's.)

Pity I only get half of my wish, with Jaina indeed being a raid boss, but with Rexxar's presence in the story now something of an anomaly since the storyline in Kul Tiras intentionally tunes down Jaina's pent up feelings and paradoxically makes her the voice of reason even as she leads the forces that murder the father of another magically powerful female.
At the start of the expansion when we got the Jaina Warbringer cinematic and we found out Rexxar was involved in the war campaign because 'Jaina has gone too far and killed too many' that this was the direction that we were going.

That despite what many said was impossible, we were going to have Jaina appear as a rai boss (if only for the Horde) and that there would be some kind of settling of affairs between Rexxar and Jaina, with Rohkhan and the Horde players by his side (though not necessarily with Thrall or Chen in tow as I think their presence would more than overshadow Rexxar's.)

Pity I only get half of my wish, with Jaina indeed being a raid boss, but with Rexxar's presence in the story now something of an anomaly since the storyline in Kul Tiras intentionally tunes down Jaina's pent up feelings and paradoxically makes her the voice of reason even as she leads the forces that murder the father of another magically powerful female.

Rastakhan dieing in battle is not murder. He was a legitimate combatant, empowered by his Loa, fighting against his enemies (Yes Zandalar was allied to the Horde by this point making them legitimate combatants). That is absolutely not the same thing as murder.

Naw, unfortunately it seems like Rexxar is only involved in this war because he's not privy to Jaina's personal development. Based on his dialogue, he genuinely seems to think that the Jaina Proudmoore who's become the Grand Admiral of Kul Tiras is the same Jaina that is responsible for the "Purge of Dalaran" and tried to drown Org with a Tsunami. As a result, the only thing apparently keeping him ignoring Sylvie's BS is that he believes he's against Daelin Proudmoore 2.0.

As long as Sylvie's plan for Derek doesn't push her over the edge again, it really is only a matter of time before he realizes she's mellowed the !@#$ out.
11/13/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Droité

Naw, unfortunately it seems like Rexxar is only involved in this war because he's not privy to Jaina's personal development. Based on his dialogue, he genuinely seems to think that the Jaina Proudmoore who's become the Grand Admiral of Kul Tiras is the same Jaina that is responsible for the "Purge of Dalaran" and tried to drown Org with a Tsunami. As a result, the only thing apparently keeping him ignoring Sylvie's BS is that he believes he's against Daelin Proudmoore 2.0.

As long as Sylvie's plan for Derek doesn't push her over the edge again, it really is only a matter of time before he realizes she's mellowed the !@#$ out.

Please don't try and make sense of Blizzard's flip flopping characters in regards to Rexxar.

Please don't try and make sense of Blizzard's flip flopping characters in regards to Rexxar.[/quote]

Naw, I get what they're going for with him. Their execution is garbage, but I think that general statement can be applied to a lot of the plot elements of expansion. "I get what they're going for, but the execution is poor".
11/13/2018 11:40 AMPosted by Saiphas

Rastakhan dieing in battle is not murder. He was a legitimate combatant, empowered by his Loa, fighting against his enemies (Yes Zandalar was allied to the Horde by this point making them legitimate combatants). That is absolutely not the same thing as murder.

If 40 murder hobos break into your house and kill you, then you were murdered. Even if you have audacity to defend yourself.
11/13/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Droité
Naw, I get what they're going for with him. Their execution is garbage, but I think that general statement can be applied to a lot of the plot elements of expansion. "I get what they're going for, but the execution is poor".

he is a little late to the party, and is the tsunami event of public knowledge? i don't remember any character mention it.. ever.
that is why rexxar feels so random.
i understand if he has a different perspective but you know.. show.. don't tell..
Rastakhan dieing in battle is not murder. He was a legitimate combatant, empowered by his Loa, fighting against his enemies

and they offered the chance of surrender also.
I hate myself to even think this but what if Rexxar gets killed by Jaina? That would make the entire Horde going "Horde" on Jaina and The Alliance.
11/13/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Zabriel
I hate myself to even think this but what if Rexxar gets killed by Jaina? That would make the entire Horde going "Horde" on Jaina and The Alliance.

but the horde always goes "horde" and burn civilians alive because the horde is "metal"

and rexxar is a follower, surprise surprise, more plot armor :D
he is not dying this xpac.
Honestly, I don't think either one is going to die, if we even get the showdown to begin with.

Jaina is the racial leader of a brand new AR. She's not going anywhere.

Rexxar is one of the Horde's mission table champions. I don't see them removing one of those mid-expansion. So if he does die, it won't be until the very end of the xpac.

And even then I don't think it's happening, because I think the only reason Rexxar is around is because they want to give him more facetime with the players before they make him race leader of the Mok'nathal AR.
11/13/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Droité
Based on his dialogue, he genuinely seems to think that the Jaina Proudmoore who's become the Grand Admiral of Kul Tiras is the same Jaina that is responsible for the "Purge of Dalaran" and tried to drown Org with a Tsunami.
As far as he or any other Horde is concerned, she might as well still be the same.

Yeah, she's had a lot of character development in this expansion, but none of that development has been AWAY from wanting to wipe out the Horde.

Sure, she's made peace with her family. She's seemingly come back from total insanity. But she still wants the Horde dead.
11/13/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Kallistus
If 40 murder hobos break into your house and kill you, then you were murdered. Even if you have audacity to defend yourself.
They're not hobos, they're enemy soldiers.
at this point i really dunno where all the hate rexxar has to jaina come from, i mean jaina has suffered more because of the horde than the other way round, she even left her father die in his hand as a peace offer

That's a can of whataboutism that Alliance fans will have a field day with.
11/13/2018 04:38 PMPosted by Arlifrex

That's a can of whataboutism that Alliance fans will have a field day with.

When was the last time we murderhobo'd an alliance character?

Regular Murdered is easy, but murderhobo'd?

Do you think his daughter will see it that way? I kind of doubt it.

11/13/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Etheldald
and they offered the chance of surrender also.

I don't think offering slavery instead of murder makes the murder any more justified.

When was the last time we murderhobo'd an alliance character?

Regular Murdered is easy, but murderhobo'd?