Can't Afford Tokens

General Discussion
The economy had deflated so much I can't make enough gold anymore to afford the tokens. Is this a problem with anyone else?

I was making excellent gold at the beginning of the expansion (which is normal) around 50-70k/wk. Now around 10-14k at best. Tokens are over 100k. That is not sustainable for me to play the game.
it was great until anchor weeds stopped being a money miking machine... Hold off until 8.1 and we will prb get better gold making ways be then. As of now a lot of people really arn't playing as there isn't anything to do until then.
You could always buy them from the store, and sell them for gold, instead. I mean, for any to be available, somebody has to.

They are meant to be a gold sink, not a guaranteed way to play the game for free.
Tokens have dropped in price by like 100k since the expac, maybe its time to find other ways to make gold.
Basicly with the removal of mission tables gold you have to work to make it up.

For me, that just means it's more pay2win because then fastest way to make gold is to put real money in the game.

I was fine with wod introducing tokens when you can make tons just by login in with mission tables, same as legion. But it would seem it was just a bait to make wow a "freemium" by slowly nerfing that gold gen each expansion making it so it's harder to keep playing without slowly losing gold.
If most people are having a hard time buying tokens with gold then the price will most likely start to drop.
I wasn't playing then but I hear about how much gold you can make but ya I don't bother farming in the game I just buy a couple tokens every month to sell for gold and it keeps me going.
11/14/2018 06:11 AMPosted by Ahnknu
The economy had deflated so much I can't make enough gold anymore to afford the tokens. Is this a problem with anyone else?

I was making excellent gold at the beginning of the expansion (which is normal) around 50-70k/wk. Now around 10-14k at best. Tokens are over 100k. That is not sustainable for me to play the game.

But can you afford to pay $0.50 cents/day? Because paying real money and a dollar for every two real days is what a monthly subscription actually costs.

It's the cheapest form of entertainment there is.

Cheaper than lunch at McDonald's.
My suggestion is to join mount farm groups in the Horde zones. The blood tick thing is an easy couple hundred thousand. And the BOE's still get about half a token for them. Couple of two hour farm sessions should be enough for tokens as cheap as they are right now.
11/14/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Mikazaki
If most people are having a hard time buying tokens with gold then the price will most likely start to drop.

Actually no. Less will be availbe more and more, which will cause the price to go UP because less are available.
You can grind it from old raid if you have a lot of alts, but it is not fun and is very time consuming. BRF is gives around 2.5k gold per difficulty (they removed most drops from trash), if you run every difficulty with 4 different alts during 4 resets you will make enough to buy a token.

You can try cata and pandaria raids but I REALLY don't think it is worth it to slave yourself to run old raids.
Herbing is 25k an hour, on an average day.

Come on, a token is only 115k. You can't herb for four-ish hours a month?

For example, yesterday I took in something like this during my half hour herbing run (with very conservative gold values):

Anchor Weed (25 @160g each) - 3200g
Riverbud (225 @ 17g each) - 3825g
Siren's Pollen (50 @ 40g each) - 2000g
Sea Stalk (150 @ 12g each) - 1800g

So, that was a 12k herb run. In a half hour. Every day is about the same. As for the prices: many days I sell the Anchor Weed for straight up 199 gold each, the Riverbud does well at 19g99s most days, and the Siren's Pollen can reach 60g each regularly. So, yeah, as I said these are very conservative estimates.

If you did this five days a week for thirty minutes, you'd have over 200k in a month. So, that's your 100k token plus 100k to play with. Or get another token.

You can do this with a fresh 120 with brand new herbalism (of course your takes will be lower until you three-star everything, which will come very quickly.) You can do this with or without a Sky Golem (or Mechanized Lumber Extractor). Tank spec will keep you from being dismounted, but then again, so will the Coarse Leather Barding. If you don't have a Sky Golem or MLE, Monel-Hardened Stirrups will let you herb while mounted.

How much time, thought and research have you actually put in to "making gold"?
The changes to the AH may have been welcomed by some, but it totally screwed me over. My server never really had a problem with the "stacks of 1", and people actually WANTED to buy them that way. We had two pages of singles stacks-- at MOST.

So all the AH change did for me was make it prohibitively expensive to try and sell stuff. So I quit. I went from making 10-12k a week (by no means ruling the AH), to making nothing. *golfclap*

And considering I'm back to my normal play times of about 10 hours a week, I spend that rather limited time doing things in the current zones. I don't have time to farm old raids for cash. So for now, income is totally stagnant. Updates to the AH can't come soon enough.
11/14/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Brocknor
And considering I'm back to my normal play times of about 10 hours a week, I spend that rather limited time doing things in the current zones.

With an increase of only one hour per week, plus what I said in the post previous to yours, you'd have a token a month. Start each play session by herbing for fifteen minutes. Treat it like a "chore" before you start "real" gameplay, and there's your money.

Posting stacks of 1 to come up with a profit of 10k seems really weak to me. I don't sell my stuff in stacks of one, and my profit is solid. I probably spend less time herbing, per gold earned, than you did posting your stacks of one.

Plus, other people in the AH game don't hate me. 'Cause really, bro? Stacks of one?

Anyway, take that fifteen minutes you used to use posting on the AH, and go herb. Much easier, the herbs are always there, it's guaranteed income until flying comes around, it's mindless, and TBH if you have alchemy you can double or triple the value of the herbs if you change them into pots.

It's worth mentioning that this whole scheme works for mining ore as well. Herb 15 mins, mine 15 mins... ore can be worth far more than herbs since Monelite hovers between 40g and 60g, and you will get piles and piles of it in a single run.
11/14/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Prometheium
11/14/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Mikazaki

Actually no. Less will be availbe more and more, which will cause the price to go UP because less are available.

That would be true in a free market but the token market sure doesn't seem free. It feels like if i buy a token and No one buys a token I still get my gold. Changes in price seem to be a numbers tweak ea has complete control over. If the market was truly 1 token bought means 1 token sold we would of heard of people not receiving their gold in a timely manner.
11/14/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Brocknor
The changes to the AH may have been welcomed by some, but it totally screwed me over. My server never really had a problem with the "stacks of 1", and people actually WANTED to buy them that way. We had two pages of singles stacks-- at MOST.

Yes, Yes they did hate you for posting stacks of one.
Blizzard does not want ppl playing their game for free. Hence the gold cuts .
actually making decent gold. Hell, I just fill the tank/heal shortage and sell a stack of augment runes for 8-10k. That mixed with a bit of engineer crafting (why it even sells is beyond me) and some rare pets/transmog has been enough to get by making enough for a monthly sub.
Should talk to Ocasio-Cortez. She'll help you "just pay for it".
Even when I was rolling in gold (thanks single vendor that sells 6.5 million gold worth of mounts and pets) I wasn't bothering with tokens. The subscription fee isn't much and if that's breaking the bank for you then you should re-evaluate your finances. If you can't afford WoW then that's fine, but it's not the end of the world.