Can't Afford Tokens

General Discussion
I am glad gold is deflating in value. For a while i thought we were going to become like the Korean economy where q couple of thousand is just a dollar at most.

With how they are doing this its even better. I am glad that herb and stuff is not 200 per like back in the day vut instead a nice 17. A stack is no longet 10 to 15 k but 2 to 3 k.

Gold should be worth something and bringing it inline like this is crazy. I just regret frivously spending my million + thinking blizz waa gonna give me an upgrade legion gold making experience. I was wrong.

But i am glad that the amoung i have left lets me live comfortably in wow economy. I cant afford crazy mounts prices but i can buy little nick nacks like herbs and flask enchant withtout breaking my bank.
11/14/2018 07:37 AMPosted by Lovelight
11/14/2018 07:12 AMPosted by Dosao
Blizzard does not want ppl playing their game for free. Hence the gold cuts .

Yes, they do want some people playing for free. If you buy a token with gold, that means some other guy paid ***$20*** to buy that gold.

A single months subscription is $15.

$20 is more than $15, so therefore blizzard makes 5 additional dollars when this happens.

On the other hand if one person did not make enough gold to sell a token , 2 players are playing 15 each . So $30 > $20
11/14/2018 06:11 AMPosted by Ahnknu
Is this a problem with anyone else?

I can still make enought gold for tokens if I try. However, I do a lot of old content including Garrison and Legion Emissaries.
11/14/2018 07:12 AMPosted by Dosao
Blizzard does not want ppl playing their game for free. Hence the gold cuts .

I don't think you know how it works. They make an extra 5 dollars off of tokens when someone pays 20 bucks for one.
I'm always confused when players are sour about wow token cost. It takes me 20 minutes of work irl to pay for my sub. You can't earn 120k in game in 20 minutes. Even if it took you 2 hours of work irl to pay for your sub; You still can't make 120k in game in 2 hours unless you get a piece of raid BOE loot or something to that degree.

For me; I'd rather just pay the sub and actually spend the hours I play in game on things I enjoy doing over farming mats/crap for gold to pay for tokens. Like am I missing something?
You can buy wow tokens just selling old content stuff, if you aren't making enough gold anymore you should probably switch to a different market since yours is clearly going down.
11/14/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Dosao
11/14/2018 07:37 AMPosted by Lovelight

Yes, they do want some people playing for free. If you buy a token with gold, that means some other guy paid ***$20*** to buy that gold.

A single months subscription is $15.

$20 is more than $15, so therefore blizzard makes 5 additional dollars when this happens.

On the other hand if one person did not make enough gold to sell a token , 2 players are playing 15 each . So $30 > $20

???
That person still has to pay their sub, so it's 30 < 35
11/14/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Softbottom
I'm always confused when players are sour about wow token cost. It takes me 20 minutes of work irl to pay for my sub. You can't earn 120k in game in 20 minutes. Even if it took you 2 hours of work irl to pay for your sub; You still can't make 120k in game in 2 hours unless you get a piece of raid BOE loot or something to that degree.

For me; I'd rather just pay the sub and actually spend the hours I play in game on things I enjoy doing over farming mats/crap for gold to pay for tokens. Like am I missing something?

What you're missing, is that you're implying there are people that don't enjoy farming.

Also there are so many daily things in this game, that several people actually do pay for their sub with a 20 minute routine they do every day. Just have to find a routine that works for you.
11/14/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Kenshimoo
11/14/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Softbottom

What you're missing, is that you're implying there are people that don't enjoy farming.

Also there are so many daily things in this game, that several people actually do pay for their sub with a 20 minute routine they do every day. Just have to find a routine that works for you.

I guess I just don't dedicate hours upon hours playing the game a week. I play like 6-10 hours a week and I want to actually do stuff I enjoy doing while I'm online.

And you are right I guess some people love farming; I'm definitely not one of them lol.
11/14/2018 06:47 AMPosted by Breakbeat

It's worth mentioning that this whole scheme works for mining ore as well. Herb 15 mins, mine 15 mins... ore can be worth far more than herbs since Monelite hovers between 40g and 60g, and you will get piles and piles of it in a single run.

Hah if only, on my server our ah has crashed hard you can still get a good 20 gold per piece of ore but skinning's a joke and most mats aren't worth much (but its great for buying pots and flasks though) but yeah farming for a token or a high gold mount takes a while but herbalism is definitely better then mining
Just mow your neighbors lawn instead.

No chance the best of the best gold farmer can make a token's worth of gold faster than that without winning rng lotto with a rare item drop.
11/14/2018 07:18 AMPosted by Lathander
Should talk to Ocasio-Cortez. She'll help you "just pay for it".

She can't afford to play until the next patch goes live.
11/14/2018 06:15 AMPosted by Tymberlea
You could always buy them from the store, and sell them for gold, instead. I mean, for any to be available, somebody has to.

They are meant to be a gold sink, not a guaranteed way to play the game for free.

^ has no idea what a gold sink is
I've been bleeding gold since the expansion started. I only run one character so I don't have multiple useless professions, I only have 2 useless professions!

I used to make my money in world quests and selling bags but both of those were murdered.
There is tons of way you can make several hundred thousand gold a day. You just have to figure them out and put in the effort.
Token prices are extremely affordably. 115k token price means you need to make on average 4k gold a day which is very easy.
11/14/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Zoumz
Basicly with the removal of mission tables gold you have to work to make it up.

For me, that just means it's more pay2win because then fastest way to make gold is to put real money in the game.

I was fine with wod introducing tokens when you can make tons just by login in with mission tables, same as legion. But it would seem it was just a bait to make wow a "freemium" by slowly nerfing that gold gen each expansion making it so it's harder to keep playing without slowly losing gold.

I guess that was Activision Blizzards plan all along.
Luring people in to buying WoW tokens for gold on top of paying for subs.

I bet some people are having a really hard time raiding because for repair fees, food, pots, flasks etc, unless you stock piled gold during Legion.
There's always going to be have-nots saying how its rigged against them, it's not fair, there's no way et al.

The truth is, effort is rewarded. Nobody doing one profession is going to be competitive. Gold making is, by its very nature, competitive. Using two professions with synergies will make you more. Add a third, fourth, fifth etc, doesn't multiply your gold earnings, it amplifies it.

Legion made non-goblins into goblins with no effort. I remember mailing just piles of resources around every day, like the was a normal part of WoW. It wasn't. It was weird. I ran 10 toons on 2 servers...I get it. But to say its difficult or hard to make gold in BFA is just a lie.

Go to statistics -> character and look at your Gold per day. If its <10k, you're not a goblin. Yet. Build up your bankroll so you can acquire materials to turn into profit. I don't feel comfortable having less than 100k "walking around money".

Earlier in this thread the guy was saying he was making 10-12k per week. Just for the record, you can make more than that just doing WQ's. Do a WoD raid and you'll walk out with 2-4k. Gold per hour is the only conversation you need to be having with yourself. Gold per week isn't a metric anyone I know or watch is using.

Smelt. There's profit to be made in afk crafting. Smelting is a great example. Buy ghost iron ore, watch a movie, sell bars for 3x ore price. Not every server is the same, but this should work in most server clusters.

Get an add on: Auctioneer, Auctionator are two of my fav.

The surest way to stay broke is to not listen to anyone else. If you didn't need advice, you wouldn't be posting...right? Woweconomy on Reddit is a great source for ideas (not answers, ideas!). LazyGoldmaker has an awesome blog. YouTube is filled with Gold makers.

Finally, selling singles won't get you there...unless they're mounts. If you want to learn why/how, there's a few youtube channels that touch on Pretty Stacking. Just do it.
i mean grab herbalism and stick on a herb glove enchant and go wild in drustvar.

no reason not to make money when a single herb nets ~40gold and you get 4-6 at a time.

you could even craft battle potions of agility and turn massive profits.

what else do you need? wod guarrisson style gold missions?
11/14/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Zoumz
For me, that just means it's more pay2win because then fastest way to make gold is to put real money in the game.

This isn't even remotely close to "pay2win" so stop throwing this term around like this. Learn what it means before you say something stupid!