Dual Boxing in Classic

Classic Discussion
I was seriously thinking about being a masochist and playing a paladin in classic but then I wondered if dual boxing will still be possible in classic with the change in engines running the game. I've never dual boxed so will have to research how it works.

However, it hit me that I can dual box a warrior and a priest then transfer the priest to my main account at 60 so I will have the best tank and best healer in the game to play around with. Anyone else planning on doing this and have any good resources to start learning about it?
As far as it being possible, if they set up the accounts the same way they did the demo (which seems likely given their "sub to retail = access to classic" announcement), you'd simply need to pay for two Retail accounts and you've have two Classic accounts you had access to.

There have not been any announcements thus far whether Paid Character Transfers will be an option in Classic. So don't bet on that until you know for sure.

(Personally, I would have dual-boxed if the sub wasn't for Retail, but as it goes I won't even play until I feel sure I can get a solid month of vanilla-like enjoyment to make activating my Retail account worth it. And odds are I'll avoid this account, so this gal never takes any chance of losing her absurd 2.7 million HP and 873 iLvl ... until they do an Armory reset.)
Dual box is awesome to level with because it can give you some synergy that you would not normally have.

However with that said there are some rules you should consider if you do go that rout..

Make sure people know you're playing 2 characters.
Do not bring your multi boxing into BG's
I would strictly be solo leveling the warrior and priest. I would play them separately in BG and Dungeons (wouldn't even think of trying to heal myself while tanking).

If I can't transfer the priest I would just shelve it and keep the 60 warrior that was not so painful to level since it will have had a pocket healer to 60 :D
Warrior with any healer would be an almost unstoppable machine leveling, and you could keep the healer around when the warrior goes farming. Chant / Tailor on Priest would be good for making Bags etc, and DE / enchant your warrior gear too.
11/14/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Twiinkedd
However, it hit me that I can dual box a warrior and a priest

You can dual box; if you watch the classic demo Horde pvp tournament that Tips hosted, you'll see a guy dual boxing something like 11 accounts at the same time.

However, I believe that all of the dual boxed characters have to be the same class because they're all receiving the same user input. You can't map your inputs to just one of the toons because the same user inputs go to all of them simultaneously.
11/14/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Twiinkedd
I was seriously thinking about being a masochist and playing a paladin in classic but then I wondered if dual boxing will still be possible in classic with the change in engines running the game. I've never dual boxed so will have to research how it works.

However, it hit me that I can dual box a warrior and a priest then transfer the priest to my main account at 60 so I will have the best tank and best healer in the game to play around with. Anyone else planning on doing this and have any good resources to start learning about it?

Yes multi-boxing is possible in classic.

Will it be at release.