Classic Vs. Modern wow

Classic Discussion
I like both honestly.
Classic was a great STARTING point, modern is a "MEH" end point.
BfA is fun enough to play once in a while as a casual thing, but it feels like it's being developed by a team that has lost touch with gamers. Blizzard as a whole feels like they have lost touch.

Vanilla WoW was before that happened though, and is a game that pulls me in a lot more than anything they've made since merging with Activision.

Vanilla WoW and their earlier games feel like they were made by people who wanted to make the best game they could. Their modern games feel more like they're made by people who want to make the most profit that they can.

It's not that their modern games are terrible, but they're just not as good in my opinion as the older ones.

If people enjoy BfA then all the more power to them, but I'll be pretty much ditching it when Classic comes out.
I liked legion, i hate bfa.
Mainly because they took a class/spec i enjoyed playing and gutted the ever loving !@#$ out of it. It just didnt play the same and i detested what they did the the GCD, and in the end i cancled my sub for it.
It just felt unfun and forced.

I Have zero problem with grinding things. I just found their class changes for bfa missed every point. They added zero back for taking away the artifact traits and legendaries that made most of the specs work in legion and wondered why they were broken.

They should have added a new level of talents at max level with some of the legendary traits.

I also dont know why i am posting this here, except to say.
I cant wait for classic.

They cant change the class i am enjoying playing so that it feals like a completly different class every raid teir.
I pretty much agree with all of you.
I don't like modern WoW, that's why I'm here.
11/14/2018 06:37 PMPosted by Sabetha
BfA is fun enough to play once in a while as a casual thing, but it feels like it's being developed by a team that has lost touch with gamers. Blizzard as a whole feels like they have lost touch.

Vanilla WoW was before that happened though, and is a game that pulls me in a lot more than anything they've made since merging with Activision.

Vanilla WoW and their earlier games feel like they were made by people who wanted to make the best game they could. Their modern games feel more like they're made by people who want to make the most profit that they can.

It's not that their modern games are terrible, but they're just not as good in my opinion as the older ones.

It's because all the good people are gone. It's new and different people who rely on analytics over intuition and experience because they have no intuition or experience. The have corporate structure and investors and bureaucracy instead.
11/14/2018 06:06 PMPosted by Imrathan
I like both honestly.

Both have their advantages and their flaws.
11/14/2018 06:06 PMPosted by Imrathan
I like both honestly.

And that's great ... for you.

However, I would argue that for many of us there is no versus.

I do not like Retail and it has nothing to do with Classic coming, and would not be changed if they cancelled Classic. Retail is not the game for me. This isn't a competition for my time, because zero of my time goes to Retail right now. (If anything, it's really WOW: Classic versus every game I've got or could get on Steam - which runs the gamut from horribad to exceptional.)