Level Squish

General Discussion
Since we just hit level 120 Blizzard should have done a level squish. They literally could have cut the levels in half and made each level require twice as much exp. They could have made the max level 60 again.
It would not work well. They would have to do a lot more coding that would have set the expansion back for years. Then they would have to do a lot of major patches in order to fix major problems.
https://www.wowhead.com/news=288495/experience-required-to-level-reduced-in-8-1-ptr-build-28366

The average experience required to level from 0 to 110 is being dropped between 10 to 40 percent.
and then struggle more on old content you could one shot 2 days ago

id rather wait the 2 or so expansions per any squish
If there was some type of technical reason for it i'd understand but so long as it takes the same time to go from 1 to level cap who cares what the numbers are? Why are people so obsessed with dragging us down to 60 again? Go play your classic demo maybe? lol
11/15/2018 07:06 AMPosted by Phawx
Since we just hit level 120 Blizzard should have done a level squish. They literally could have cut the levels in half and made each level require twice as much exp. They could have made the max level 60 again.

Why though? All these threads about level squishing seem more like solutions desperately searching for a problem to solve.
Because level 120 is just ridiculous. They should have stopped at 100 when they also stopped giving us talents.
Don't go chasing waterfalls. Once classic releases, you can level to 60 all you want.
11/15/2018 07:11 AMPosted by Narakulock
https://www.wowhead.com/news=288495/experience-required-to-level-reduced-in-8-1-ptr-build-28366

The average experience required to level from 0 to 110 is being dropped between 10 to 40 percent.
A level squish. Not an experience reduction. I think it would be a good idea. Leveling to 120 seems too daunting.

Why?
I wouldn't object to it on paper, but knowing how the last ilvl squish + scaling ended up going, I wouldn't doubt it coming with plenty of issues, particularly at first.

If they did it, I'd imagine it could have worked as follows:
-Level 1-5 starting zones
-Level 5-30 Azeroth zones (Vanilla raids 30)
-Level 30-40 TBC + WotLK zones (BC raids 35, WotLK 40)
-Level 40-50 Cata + MoP zones (Cata raids 45, MoP 50)
-Level 50-55 WoD (WoD raids 55)
-Level 55-60 Legion (Legion raids 60)
-Level 60-70 BFA (BFA raids 70)
-Level 70-80 next xpac
11/15/2018 07:31 AMPosted by Phawx
Because level 120 is just ridiculous. They should have stopped at 100 when they also stopped giving us talents.

No. Leveling is definitely still in need of work; for one thing, they need to reshuffle things so that we do gain something, whether a new ability or just a higher rank of an existing ability, every few levels all the way to level cap. But a level squish? Hells, no. One of WoW's glories is the ever-increasing level cap.