petition for GLAD stance to come back!

Warrior
10/07/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Fangor
10/07/2018 08:14 PMPosted by Thedîesel
Keep telling yourself all that.

I could say the same, considering you have no actual argument.

YOU don't have an actual argument lmao what

There is absolutely no evidence to support that Glad stance will return to the game.
10/07/2018 08:22 PMPosted by Thedîesel

There is absolutely no evidence to support that Glad stance will return to the game.

...Of course there's not evidence, nothing was confirmed. The entire point of this thread is that people want it back. You miss this?

I gave you three examples of Blizzard giving things to players because they kept asking for them. Therefore, Gladiator could become a reality if people keep asking for it.

Again, you have no argument.
10/07/2018 08:25 PMPosted by Fangor
10/07/2018 08:22 PMPosted by Thedîesel

...Of course there's not evidence, nothing was confirmed. The entire point of this thread is that people want it back. You miss this?

I gave you three examples of Blizzard giving things to players because they kept asking for them. Therefore, Gladiator could become a reality if people keep asking for it.

Again, you have no argument.

Nothing came back because people asked for it lol.
10/07/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Thedîesel

Are you joking? OF COURSE those things came back because people asked for them. They had every intention to take away flying for the entirety of WoD, and only reconsidered because players raised a massive sh!tstorm about it.

You familiar with J. Allen Brock? WoW's executive producer, now president of Blizzard? Dude dismissed the idea of Classic servers entirely because "we think we want them, but we actually don't." Why do you think they abandoned that position and did a complete 180? Simple, because there was enough demand from players to make them stop and think to themselves, "It sure seems like a lot of people want this. Maybe if we do it they'll give us more money or something."

Fan demand is absolutely what brought about these changes, and the same can happen for Gladiator.
10/07/2018 09:08 PMPosted by Fangor
10/07/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Thedîesel

Are you joking? OF COURSE those things came back because people asked for them. They had every intention to take away flying for the entirety of WoD, and only reconsidered because players raised a massive sh!tstorm about it.

You familiar with J. Allen Brock? WoW's executive producer, now president of Blizzard? Dude dismissed the idea of Classic servers entirely because "we think we want them, but we actually don't." Why do you think they abandoned that position and did a complete 180? Simple, because there was enough demand from players to make them stop and think to themselves, "It sure seems like a lot of people want this. Maybe if we do it they'll give us more money or something."

Fan demand is absolutely what brought about these changes, and the same can happen for Gladiator.

Again, keep telling yourself that.
10/07/2018 09:20 PMPosted by Thedîesel
Again, keep telling yourself that.

You still haven't given a single argument to the contrary, so sure, I will.
10/07/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Zorop
People who raid seriously will HAVE to play a spec that is better for content. Its not a matter of choice. Fantasy has nothing to do with it.
Our character are the size of a penny in our screen with all the WA and the UI we use.
Same with the blood elf comment. Only a blood elf because the racial is extremely good.
You speak about survival hunter. How many do you see raiding seriously? NONE?
Why would you have a hunter in melee when it can be ranged.
No reason whatsoever.
Who said the spec had to be like it's last iteration? Your arguments fall short here.

And there's plenty of survival hunters that raid. And even if there wasn't, there should be. It's a spec. It should be fairly balanced.
I thoroughly enjoyed playing Gladiator during WoD. Not just b/c it was a Sword & Shield DPS (although that was definitely part of it) but because I found the spec genuinely fun to play. I actually enjoyed the high APM and trying to time and line everything up perfectly to squeeze out as much damage as possible. I feel that Gladiator was fun from both a game play & class fantasy PoV.

I'm all for it coming back and really hope that Blizzard brings it back at some point and would love for them to bring in a sword & board DPS for the Paladin (Crusader!) while they're at it too. (if you don't cool beans, you don't have to play it /shoo)

PS - I also really enjoy playing Survival Hunter - it's fun, and it's great to have a melee spec with variety of pet choices to use. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having options and variety in the game, in fact, I'd even say it's essential.
They could replace Ravager with Glad Stance in the talent tree but sadly in the current state of the game I don't think Glad Stance would be what you think it would be. GCD issues + class abilities would just be too hard to balance. You would most likely need a 4 spec instead of just one talent. I don't see Blizz adding another 4th spec to a class that is just a 3rd melee version of the other two specs.

It is a nice dream but still just a dream.
It was a cool idea, hated the MoP spam spam spam play style it had.
Having one in raid with a open mic and a crappy Razer keyboard... I swore that devastate button was about to break, if not from the poor abuse of the basic class design, it would have been from me finding his house and breaking it over his razer headset mic.
i just want intervene back :/
So going by your logic, every time one of you make a thread asking for glad stance, we will be here to say we dont want it just to make sure it never comes back.That should work.
This is the same idea with classic wow. People have good memories about it because its so long ago but the reality is that game was aids back then. They will see soon enough.
Anyone who honestly says or believes that Glad stance was one of the best things they've ever added/made/done has no credibility in discussions, past this point.

Jesus
10/08/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Zorop
So going by your logic, every time one of you make a thread asking for glad stance, we will be here to say we dont want it just to make sure it never comes back.That should work.
This is the same idea with classic wow. People have good memories about it because its so long ago but the reality is that game was aids back then. They will see soon enough.

The argument you gave earlier in this thread is complete nonsense. "WAAAAH IF GLAD COMES BACK IT MIGHT BE THE BEST SPEC IN RAIDS AND I'LL BE FORCED TO PLAY IT WAAAAH!" Stop and think about this for a second. Blizz couldn't possibly allow Gladiator to bring the same burst output as Arms, so that's a non-issue. And no, this isn't the same idea as with Classic at all. Gladiator is still fresh enough in our minds that we remember it for what it was: fun, but imbalanced. If they brought it back as a spec, they'd balance it separately from Prot and make it its own thing.

10/08/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Drezwazluz
Anyone who honestly says or believes that Glad stance was one of the best things they've ever added/made/done has no credibility in discussions, past this point.

Anyone who honestly can't comprehend that different people find different things fun should get off the forums.

Jesus
(0_o)

LOL. OK, now we've entered "utter nonsense" territory saying that opinions on what is/was fun impacts credibility in a discussion forum. (>_<)
I dont get why anyone wouldnt want a glad stance/spec in the game.. like... why not be given more options? seriously? likes like saying get rid of arms because fury already uses 2handers.. why do we need 2 dps specs? like wtf? maybe because people want different playstyles for the same class?

maybe we should just keep going and become like Tera or BDO and just have 1 weapon to use as well? 2handed sword.. no axes, no maces, juts a sword.. no polearms... sword.
10/08/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Syward

Jesus
(0_o)

LOL. OK, now we've entered "utter nonsense" territory saying that opinions on what is/was fun impacts credibility in a discussion forum. (>_<)

10/08/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Nayrock
I dont get why anyone wouldnt want a glad stance/spec in the game.. like... why not be given more options? seriously? likes like saying get rid of arms because fury already uses 2handers.. why do we need 2 dps specs? like wtf? maybe because people want different playstyles for the same class?

maybe we should just keep going and become like Tera or BDO and just have 1 weapon to use as well? 2handed sword.. no axes, no maces, juts a sword.. no polearms... sword.

The paragons of the pro-glad stance lads.

No more need be said, but it was fun for a laugh.
In a discussion such as this one, all opinions related to the topic are valid. Attempting to devalue or undermine anyone's opinion or imply that your opinion holds more value than some one else's is utter nonsense.

If you're an opponent of Gladiator your opinions are just as valid as an individual who is a proponent of Gladiator.

Resorting to belittling others based on their opinion serves no purpose other than to attempt to derail the discussion. If you're going to participate in the discussion, actually participate in the discussion instead of offering nothing constructive on either side of the spectrum.

If you're not going to actually contribute to the discussion (regardless of which side you support) feel free to take your useless and nonsensical comments elsewhere.
10/08/2018 01:43 PMPosted by Syward
In a discussion such as this one, all opinions related to the topic are valid. Attempting to devalue or undermine anyone's opinion or imply that your opinion holds more value than some one else's is utter nonsense.

If you're an opponent of Gladiator your opinions are just as valid as an individual who is a proponent of Gladiator.

Resorting to belittling others based on their opinion serves no purpose other than to attempt to derail the discussion. If you're going to participate in the discussion, actually participate in the discussion instead of offering nothing constructive on either side of the spectrum.

If you're not going to actually contribute to the discussion (regardless of which side you support) feel free to take your useless and nonsensical comments elsewhere.

http://gph.is/29aJOGg
10/07/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Okinraksha
it's always blood elf females with a serious attitude problem?

Because typically it's A; a bad player that thinks they're cute or B; a stupidly good player who went BE for good racials. In this case, B.

10/07/2018 07:09 PMPosted by Fangor
And when did anyone mention SMF?

Two people who commented before you, not counting Diesel.

10/07/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Nayrock
Glad stance was the best invention ever made in WoW and there has been a whole in my heart ever since its removal....

This is what I was pointing to, Fangor and the guy who had a three page argument with me about fury because he didn't actually understand anything about fury (I remember, do you? Have you learned anything yet?)

I have no issue with differing opinions, they make it more fun. But people who legitimately say this, it's not an issue of opinion. This is just factually incorrect. Nothing to do with not wanting to discuss things on a discussion forums.

When you get down from your high horse, let me know. Yall get so up in arms about this stuff.