PvP Tuning Oct 10 2018

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 5 6 7 13 Next
10/09/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Uglyrat
i just want to say, i think the 5% damage nerf is okay for enhancement, but the massive healing nerf and mana regen nerf to shamans literally makes us useless as enhance

It's funny because when I didn't even see Warlocks mentioned in this hotfix I didn't even read it, that's how little I cared.
10/09/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Heckindoggo
10/09/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Xoja
This is beyond frustrating. There has been feedback since months before BfA launched about Warlocks, DKs and other classes in PVP. We gave you a solid month of feedback on BGs and arenas before the game launched because that's all you gave us time for with the timing of the beta PVP server launch.

We test your game for free, and you are a billion dollar game developer working on a 14 year old game and you can't manage to get all classes to a point where they function properly in PVP at the start of an expansion. You leave things insanely broken at launch. You sit there playing catchup with Azerite trait balancing and ignore the classes that are in dire need of improvement.

I've lost all faith.

I've been leaving feedback about BfA Warlock since ~February of this year when I started testing Alpha. I'm numb from saying the same things over and over and not seeing anything addressed.

It's sad. Normally I would be telling someone like you to suck it up, it's a L2P issue, git gud.

It's not though, lol. This class is so garbage right now that I have to hand pick a comp while begging for people to play with me and only pulling out wins because the enemy team is moronic.

I've never struggled this hard to hit 2k. Good god...

Same. Through the years I've played WoW I have normally dealt with the weaknesses of whatever class I'm playing, because that is how you get to be successful in this game. But it's horrendous right now.

I could face a team of actual monkeys and lose right now.
you forgot to nerf Windwalkers tbh, there is probably 1 or 2 queueing at duelist rating, make them disappear
10/09/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Xoja
10/09/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Heckindoggo

It's sad. Normally I would be telling someone like you to suck it up, it's a L2P issue, git gud.

It's not though, lol. This class is so garbage right now that I have to hand pick a comp while begging for people to play with me and only pulling out wins because the enemy team is moronic.

I've never struggled this hard to hit 2k. Good god...

Same. Through the years I've played WoW I have normally dealt with the weaknesses of whatever class I'm playing, because that is how you get to be successful in this game. But it's horrendous right now.

Played Hpal Destro into Assassination/MW and juked the rogue like 70% of the time and still lost because Rogue's win condition versus me is to cloak of shadows the bolt he can't stop during the last 10 seconds of my infernal.

WOW! OUTPLAYED ME ALRIGHT!

A ten minute match...
Can enhance get a real defensive now that healing is gutted?
I will reimburse someone $50 if they get a megaphone and stand outside BLIZZ HQ during the q&a and shout buff Warlocks.
10/09/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Heckindoggo
10/09/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Xoja

Played Hpal Destro into Assassination/MW and juked the rogue like 70% of the time and still lost because Rogue's win condition versus me is to cloak of shadows the bolt he can't stop during the last 10 seconds of my infernal.

A ten minute match...

It's fun relying on two 3 min cooldowns to be mildly useful, right?
10/09/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Heckindoggo
10/09/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Uglyrat
i just want to say, i think the 5% damage nerf is okay for enhancement, but the massive healing nerf and mana regen nerf to shamans literally makes us useless as enhance

It's funny because when I didn't even see Warlocks mentioned in this hotfix I didn't even read it, that's how little I cared.

whats the point of u saying this
10/09/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Uglyrat
10/09/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Heckindoggo

Because I'm salty
Again just stick to Bgs. So much fun as Destro.
10/09/2018 07:10 PMPosted by Heckindoggo

Because I'm salty

mayb instead of saying u dont care about the nerfs for shamans realize how !@#$ it is without at least giving some kind of survivability cooldown and also saying how %^-* it is that locks dont get any love either
Warlock to Blizz is like the 370z to Nissan. Neither company listening to the customer
<span class="truncated">...</span>

To continue to berate Blizzard about the absolutely unacceptable state of one of the only 12 classes in their game which has been completely !@#$ing unplayable since open %^-*ing Alpha and has somehow received nothing but raid-oriented, pvp-impactful nerfs over and over again in that time? Warlock pvpers (and DKs, for that matter, and now Windwalkers too although at least they got 2 weeks to play) paid $65 for this piece of trash. $80 if you're still here, which you DAMN well should not be.

And for what? As far as we're concerned, the game hasn't launched yet. Blizzard makes BILLIONS of dollars, and has thousands of players alpha and beta test their games for free. And this is somehow the result? How? Seriously. How. It's so !@#$ing far from acceptable that I can't even begin, nor can I express it in any of the words currently available in the english language. It's absolutely mind blowing.

Edit: and let's not even mention the fact that the ONE glimmer of hope in all of this, the one singular instance out of all that time that these concerns were acknowledged in ANY way, was in the round of pvp hotfixes that occurred on 9/21, in which Blizzard DIRECTLY stated that DKs and Warlocks were a problem and that they would be addressed in the next round of hotfixes in the "near future". That was MORE THAN TWO WEEKS AGO. That's already an absurd definition of "near future", and now we are not even in the next round at all. You've got to be !@#$ing kidding me.
10/09/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Ripflow

To continue to berate Blizzard about the absolutely unacceptable state of one of the only 12 classes in their game which has been completely !@#$ing unplayable since open %^-*ing Alpha and has somehow received nothing but raid-oriented, pvp-impactful nerfs over and over again in that time? Warlock players paid $65 for this piece of trash. $80 if you're still here. And for what? As far as we're concerned, the game hasn't launched yet. Blizzard makes BILLIONS of dollars, and has thousands of players alpha and beta test their games for free. It's so !@#$ing far from acceptable that I can't even begin, nor can I express it in any of the words currently available in the english language. It's absolutely mind blowing.
Destro is hilarious in Bgs.

To continue to berate Blizzard about the absolutely unacceptable state of one of the only 12 classes in their game which has been completely !@#$ing unplayable since open %^-*ing Alpha and has somehow received nothing but raid-oriented, pvp-impactful nerfs over and over again in that time? Warlock players paid $65 for this piece of trash. $80 if you're still here. And for what? As far as we're concerned, the game hasn't launched yet. Blizzard makes BILLIONS of dollars, and has thousands of players alpha and beta test their games for free. It's so !@#$ing far from acceptable that I can't even begin, nor can I express it in any of the words currently available in the english language. It's absolutely mind blowing.

do u mean locks or shamans
10/09/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Uglyrat
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Because I'm salty

mayb instead of saying u dont care about the nerfs for shamans realize how !@#$ it is without at least giving some kind of survivability cooldown and also saying how %^-* it is that locks dont get any love either

I'm past the point of caring about balance. If I get a buff I'm going to demand more at this point. I'm not going to be rational when this company anymore.

I hope you tank 400 rating tonight due to the nerfs shamtard
10/09/2018 06:01 PMPosted by Telkanis
09/21/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Lore
Note that we’re planning another round of balance updates for the near future after this round, which will include changes for other specs (including Warlock and Death Knight).

these are real tears i'm crying :'(

WHY

i cry myself to sleep every night because you have abandoned dks.

YOUR GOING DOWN A PATH I CAN'T FOLLOW
10/09/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Xoja
10/09/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Heckindoggo

A ten minute match...

It's fun relying on two 3 min cooldowns to be mildly useful, right?

Meanwhile Rogues are useful every 20 seconds when their Kidney Shot is up.

Not a jab at Rogues, but a jab at how terrible class design is in this game now. Most casters are abysmal or have terrible utility compared to melee.
Since healer nerfs are always so heavy handed, maybe we can try that on DPS as well!?
10/09/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Ludalolz
Since healer nerfs are always so heavy handed, maybe we can try that on DPS as well!?

pretty heavy handed nerf on dps shamans