Ion's newest interview.

Arenas
https://www.forbes.com/sites/hnewman/2018/10/10/the-state-of-warcraft-ion-hazzikostas-post-mortem-on-the-battle-for-azeroth-launch/#7ca85742c194
Enjoy. BfA is a great success. People just don't understand Ion's vision.
great
0/10 interview, dude didn’t even bring up vendors.

Nice excuse for shipping the current game as a beta though with garbage class design. “Because the reality is they’re never complete. That’s the nature of World of Warcraft. Nothing is ever truly finished”
my favorite part was vendors

wait
Nothing to see here.
WARLOCKS!
I read the whole thing. It’s a completely worthless fluff piece that touches on various PvE topics.
Personally, I have got a low standard for class balancing. There are over 30 spec in game right now and it is hard to make sure that they are all fun and competitive in both PVP and PVE.

Personally, I am okay with every class with one spec being competitive PVP and another in PVE, or even just one being competitive in both PVP and PVE (like Arms) while the other two wait for some adjustments.

But Blizzard just cant keep up with that standard. DKs and warlocks are completely garbage in PVP now. Blizzard cant even maintain one of three specs to be viable in PVP and that's a shame.

In a interview, Ion is supposed to be presenting the good side of the game but it still pisses me off that he describe such a rough, unbalanced launch with "rides with bumps," and evade the issue of balancing by saying people complain because it is hard to please everyone.
People
Swear this game is dying with no numbers to back it up
10/10/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Cyttfre
Personally, I have got a low standard for class balancing. There are over 30 spec in game right now and it is hard to make sure that they are all fun and competitive in both PVP and PVE.

Personally, I am okay with every class with one spec being competitive PVP and another in PVE, or even just one being competitive in both PVP and PVE (like Arms) while the other two wait for some adjustments.

But Blizzard just cant keep up with that standard. DKs and warlocks are completely garbage in PVP now. Blizzard cant even maintain one of three specs to be viable in PVP and that's a shame.

In a interview, Ion is supposed to be presenting the good side of the game but it still pisses me off that he describe such a rough, unbalanced launch with "rides with bumps," and evade the issue of balancing by saying people complain because it is hard to please everyone.

Name the competitive DK spec that can be successful in arena when not used by r1 players.

Even Petkick doesn't come around here anymore to tell us how we are all trash and the class is fine. You know your class is trash when....
10/10/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Mêphiston
Even Petkick doesn't come around here anymore to tell us how we are all trash and the class is fine. You know your class is trash when....

Lol i was drinking tea and almost choked.
10/10/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Haendr87E123
completely worthless

sums up BFA
Hazzikostas: I came out in a couple months ago and said, "We know that there are elemental shamans, we know that there are shadow priests who have some concerns with the state of your current talent tree, the state of your class. But at this point those are going to have to wait for a major content update." That's just a question of us drawing a line at some point, because we could continue iterating forever. And it's not the same as saying those specs are unfinished, or we're shipping without them complete. Because the reality is they're never complete.

Okay but like... 8.1 isn't bringing anything for the failing specs either.

It's been what, like 9 months since Alpha when it became apparent they're barely functioning messes, the game's been out for 2 months now, and I still have to wait even longer to actually enjoy Shadow?

When's it gonna happen? You say "lol wait until later" and now it's finally later, there's nothing, and now you go "well we could keep iterating forever we gotta draw a line in the sand dudes"? Like no, stop it, actually get off your butts and put in work on classes that are mechanical disasters for the first time in three expansions.

I'm not trying to be a jerk and I hope none of the devs or CMs take this personally, but come on. This is getting ridiculous. Either put out changes or come out and say "they're gonna be like this for the rest of the expac" so people can finally walk away from them.
Generic trashcan interview
10/10/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Mêphiston
10/10/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Cyttfre

Name the competitive DK spec that can be successful in arena when not used by r1 players.

You know the class is really trash when even Petkick doesnt say it is fine...LOL
I stopped watching and reading anything Ion says a long time ago.
Ions a joke. Can’t wait to find out he said nothing of value for anyone tomorrow like I don’t think even the pve kids are happy at this point
I just came in to wait for petkick.
Multiple times in the article he says their top priority is pushing new content.

What about when he said that their top priority was the balancing of PvP?

He does not talk about or mention the state of pvp at all in the interview, just shows how much they really focus on the latter 20% of their game that is PvP
It’s unsurprising that Ion is reluctant to admit his mistakes. It’s human nature. Furthermore, it’s Forbes. Forbes is a publication read primarily by a professional, upwardly mobile crowd. What do professional, upwardly mobile people do with their money? They invest it.

Admission of the game’s flaws to Forbes readers would be tantamount to career suicide for Ion. The moment share prices dip because of a public statement you’ve made, you’re gone.