Has Island Expeditions reward got nerfed?

BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
I been grind out Island Expeditions right before the big wave of everyone doing it. I figure out how rare mobs worked before the massive detail post about it. I claim this because I want to say, I farm Island Expeditions for some time now, but I think they might have got accidentally nerfed. I got a reward about 1/4 of the time, but since Monday I have done about 20 Island Expeditions with the same method and haven't seen anything.

Is it me, or something bigger? Could it be I haven't turn in those silly turn in quest from Island Expeditions?
10/11/2018 01:10 AMPosted by Tïm
Is it me, or something bigger? Could it be I haven't turn in those silly turn in quest from Island Expeditions?

I literally dont bother with the quests anymore so I don't get duplicates.. still I don't get anything 95% of the time no matter what I kill what rares and what portal rares I kill either..

I do agree with you it feels the "buff" was removed or something..
I have a feeling the rates were adjusted again after the what to farm lists came out.
def been nerfed agan , done well over 400 islands and had 2 mogu mounts drop just this week. would be nice if all pets were cageable and some skull mobs didnt spawn in the ground.
10/14/2018 03:27 AMPosted by Jaerock
done well over 400 islands and had 2 mogu mounts drop just this week.
lmfao
Oh it's freaking been nerfed and I'm overly angry. I've done probably 200 runs this week and haven't seen anything.
Working as intended.
Just unsubbed. Sick of this game. NERFED MY BPETS can't collect them what is the point of doing Islands? no other point to GRIND MOBS of useless things.
I have not won any mounts in islands..was only lucky to get a bpet or 2 a week and it all stopped..im done. no rewards in this game..not paying to play! I have done hundreds of runs too...welp im done. waste of time. wont pvp on islands to boring.
My question is similar, but regards to EXP.

I've started leveling again using Island Expeditions but it feels much slower now.
But I'm not sure.

How is it for you people who are leveling with this.
I run the islands on my three toons every week - there were a few weeks (ironically before they announced the buff) that I got maybe one pet a week. After the buff I got a couple of the transmog items, but the last few weeks I've gotten nothing aside from the occasional quest item and coins. We kill rares, we kill invasions, portal boss, etc - etc. and still nothing.

At this rate I might get a mount or 1/2 the pets sometime in the next thirty years.

This system sucks. They need to either actually truly increase the drop rates or they need to add the vast majority of the items to a vendor so then at least we can work towards the items.
I’ve been doing them on and off on all my characters since the beginning and getting tons of pets killing the rares. In the last week or so it feels like invasions are never what the new invaders are. Have not seen anything this whole week and have been running them religiously for the past two weeks for items and all I’ve seen a golden beetle lol. I’ve seen people with the new mounts so I know they drop. Just feels like something is wrong with the rewards lately
Something has definitely changed with the drop rates in IE's.
I run a LOT of IE's on multiple toons. I really do enjoy them and love collecting all the things. However, something is off. And I find myself slowly not wanting to do them as much as I used to.
When the drop rate increase was first implemented, there was a small, but noticeable difference. I was definitely receiving more rewards.
In the last couple of weeks, I have received significantly less rewards. There has been a huge decline in transmog and pet drops. I am clearly not alone as others have been saying the same both in-game and on the forums.
No one wants to run content that has a high chance of giving you absolutely nothing and I don't blame them. The RNG dependence in this xpac is already tremendously heavy and having IE's suddenly drop less isn't helping with that. Mounts should stay rare (i do have Qinsho's Eternal Hound), but the other items should not be quite so hard to find. Random, yes, depending on the island/rares/events, but not nonexistent.
11/11/2018 04:59 AMPosted by Siyonae
Mounts should stay rare (i do have Qinsho's Eternal Hound), but the other items should not be quite so hard to find. Random, yes, depending on the island/rares/events, but not nonexistent.

I agree. I feel like mounts should remain rare drops (but maybe not quite as rare as they are now) and they should have the transmog and reputation items buyable from vendors.
I've wasted my time doing 50+ island expeditions this week on multiple toons and I haven't recieved a single thing (other than the coins) Targeting Rares etc. has done squat to improve my chances of any reward and I agree that they must have nerfed rewards in general. Statistically speaking for the hundreds and hundred of IE's I've done and to have gotten nothing more than coins and a transmog glove they are the biggest waste of time. What could have been a cool new thing to do in WOW is ruined by the !@#$ RNG. Nothing like sucking the fun out of something new and we are only two months into this mess. Awesome....
Blizzard recently stated they reversed the drop rates back in hopes to extend play time. They flat out said they don’t care and it’s a time grab addition.
11/12/2018 03:00 AMPosted by Sloppytoots
Blizzard recently stated they reversed the drop rates back in hopes to extend play time. They flat out said they don’t care and it’s a time grab addition.

Where they said it? I noticed it, but didn't heard anything official yet.
11/12/2018 01:33 PMPosted by Meilinn
11/12/2018 03:00 AMPosted by Sloppytoots

Where they said it? I noticed it, but didn't heard anything official yet.

The person is trolling, report the post as such. Blizzard isn't stupid enough to actually say that out load or in an official post (even if we all suspect it).
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769719772

Results from 254 normal islands and 17 heroic in the past few weeks since hotfix "Substantially™ improved drop rates".