Rip Unique Class Armor

General Discussion
I won't miss tier.... but I'll miss Class specific armor sets.

I despise these new homogenized Armor type sets.

And Ion just confirmed they'll never come back.

Rip
F
There are a lot of changes that Ion and Co. are bringing that we either have to accept or walk away. It's hard not to do the latter.
We got an overabundance of class fantasy last expansion so that they could just safely ignore it for this one. Is that not how that works?
well we only have 2 years left of this expansion.
10/11/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Briselody
We got an overabundance of class fantasy last expansion so that they could just safely ignore it for this one. Is that not how that works?

So next expansion they will make all servers care bare servers where we work together?
10/11/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Kozz
Never say never. Just wait 'till the next raid tier and see if people drop off like flies. Happened with flying in WoD, might happen again with Tier sets in BfA.

Tier was an integral part of the game. They can't just remove it with no good reason and expect no backlash.
10/11/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Menacet
Never say never. Just wait 'till the next raid tier and see if people drop off like flies. Happened with flying in WoD, might happen again with Tier sets in BfA.

Tier was an integral part of the game. They can't just remove it with no good reason and expect no backlash.

They replaced it with azerite.... it's not about tier for me, Azerte serves the same stupid purpose that they were trying to avoid with tier.

It's the class unique tmogs i'm gonna miss.

For instance.... as a Pally.... I look like !@#$ in the new bone armor from 8.1... and it's UGLY LIKE SIN
<span class="truncated">...</span> Never say never. Just wait 'till the next raid tier and see if people drop off like flies. Happened with flying in WoD, might happen again with Tier sets in BfA.

They replaced it with azerite.... it's not about tier for me, Azerte serves the same stupid purpose that they were trying to avoid with tier.

It's the class unique tmogs i'm gonna miss.

For instance.... as a Pally.... I look like !@#$ in the new bone armor from 8.1... and it's UGLY LIKE SIN

azerite is more than likely just staying in BfA, like the artifact weapons in Legion.

and i agree, they need to go back to class specific armor design. no need for tier sets. just class armor design. right now, they are sacrificing 3/4 of class fantasy. it sucks.

shamans look like hunters, mages and priests look like warlocks in the next raid
Yeah, that's something that they'll end up bringing back once we're on the next raid tier and subscriptions are still dropping.
I don't understand how the WoW staff is supposed to be the biggest its ever been yet we're constantly getting things cut.

I just want class specific armor to grind for. Is that too much to ask? I want to grind for class armor! Put it in the game!
10/11/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Briselody

Depends why you raid.

I honestly play the game to collect transmog. I love targeting a cool tier set or unique items and doing old raids (or modern ones) for a chance at collecting them. Some poeple like pets, some like pvping... for me it's appearances. The priest set I'm wearing I made 2 priests to farm. I have a horde one at 120 and organized runs each week to chase it.

For me the joy of tier sets wasn't the stats or 2/4 piece bonus - it was getting to make your avatar look awesome. And it also helped break away from the generic look of a type. Example - my monk heals all the time. I feel healing = robes so own about every leather robe in the game. If one appears I will hunt it down determinedly, build looks around it and generally have a grand old time once I own it. But in BFA there's not a SINGLE leather robe. Or mail Robe. Or Plate Robe. Because they're deliberately generic. And what that means is 'they have to work with the lowest common denominator'. Which, in wow's case is: Mage, Rogue, Hunter, Warrior. A warrior in a plate robe seems to break THEIR class fantasy so we'll never get anything like a paladin tier 2. Or Tier 8. Or DK tier 14. Shamans will never get the healing robes. Monks, DH, Druids? Screw you guys. It's all about rogue leather.

And this has meant my reason for raiding has vanished. I look at the sets from warfronts and Uldir and I just... don't care.

And that is why class fantasy is worth including. It allows players to make choices; ones that have vanished in BFA along with things like master looter, honor tokens, and the like. All it it feels like is RNG generic stuff.
I mean,

it's because a sizable amount of people hate set gear at this point.

No set gear means no class gear.
Azerite gear is the gimmick of the expac, similar to how artifacts were for Legion. Tier sets will be back next expansion for sure.
Here's my opinion:

I don't care about stats.

Do I get stronger from obtaining higher level gear? If yes, equip it, if no, disenchant it.

Menial number crunching to milk out that extra 2% just doesn't mean much to me.
Class fantasy is super important. Oh wait that was legion.

Now they're non existent.

Honestly I want tier sets back instead of this azerite crap. Easier to balance and less dumb RNG.

That aside. They need to bring back class specific looks. The gear just looks and feels so lack lustre.
I despise these new homogenized...

Welcome to modern wow.
I want class fantasy back in the form of class specific set “looks” again. Whether that be new heritage or warfront style content. I want to look uniquely Shaman.
I won't miss tier.... but I'll miss Class specific armor sets.

I despise these new homogenized Armor type sets.

Rip
F

Really? They aren't coming back? That really sucks. I was hoping they were just going to try this new, more bland, approach for now then go back to class sets next xpac. What a dumb uninspired change. It's weird how hard they seem to be working at not being unique anymore.