The price of potions is unsustainable

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
Paying 2k a flask is killing me
10/12/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Onlinecutie
The alchemists are going to come out of the woodwork here and hate on your post, OP, but I agree. I believe I made a few forum posts months ago about potions being too expensive/cost too many materials to craft. It's so bad that Method uses Potion of Prolonged Power for prepot.

I don't sell potions, funny enough, they still cost less than the price of herbs.
10/12/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Wariya
10/12/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Oakttg
you literally have no idea just how expensive raiding is right now.

Well thanx for buying all the consumables and draining your gold

10/12/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Stryg
It's simply the price. It's ridiculous. The change of mats required to 10 riverbud and 8 sirens pollen hasn't changed anything. They're still 500g-750g each. When you use 30-50 per progression raid night, that's 200k gold in 10 raid nights, or 3-5 weeks for most guilds.

It will sustain because we are talking about gold in the game since WoD, for the first few patches of bfa you can expect 200 -500 g pots.

This is why right now spending gold is whack, wait for sometime and prices will come down drastically expect under 50 k tokens in winter

The raid is out now, the answer for raiders isn't to not buy consumables until prices drop, if thats the case I need to unsub and track the undermine journal until pot prices on my server drop, then resub and start from there.

The answer for raiders can't be to stop raiding, if I wasn't raiding I wouldn't be subbed and I know alot of players in that boat.

If they want to get gold off of the players just triple the price of transmog.
Haven't spent a single gold for potions or flasks. It is super easy and quick to get an alchemist/Herbelism up to where you can have 3 star recipes.
10/12/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Raynnari
Haven't spent a single gold for potions or flasks. It is super easy and quick to get an alchemist/Herbelism up to where you can have 3 star recipes.

Its not fun.
Delete all professions except for herb/alch is what I'm picking up from this thread.
It's honestly bonkers.. I am leveling another toon that is Alchemy/herb as we speak but right now I can barely even afford to buy things to raid..

I am not avid farmer and never have been nor do I want to be yet every expansion except BFA I could get my flasks/potions within reason.

Whereas now I literally buying a token every 2 weeks in order to buy raid essentials. Lol
10/12/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Valyissia
It's honestly bonkers.. I am leveling another toon that is Alchemy/herb as we speak but right now I can barely even afford to buy things to raid..

I am not avid farmer and never have been nor do I want to be yet every expansion except BFA I could get my flasks/potions within reason.

Whereas now I literally buying a token every 2 weeks in order to buy raid essentials. Lol

Im in the exact same boat and it sucks.
That coupled with the fact that it takes about an hour and a half or more to farm the mats yourself for only 15-20 potions, it's like Blizzard wants bots to be the only people that have gold.

lmao how much sightseeing and afking are you doing if it takes you almost 2 hours to farm enough mats for 20 pots even if you get screwed on procs

10/12/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Sphinctus
Anyone who says this isnt a problem doesnt raid.

Or we're not lazy and just farm our own mats and laugh at the people who pay us ridiculous amounts of gold.
I had to give up JC/Mining simply because Alch/Herb was far more cost effective. With sockets being RNG, selling of gems is few and far between and even then a single +40 Secondary gem is lucky to even be worth two potions.

I dislike how useful consumables are in comparison but this is the world we live in sadly. If you are not required to use potions/flasks then be happy with your Blacksmithing or JC, otherwise you probably have to suck it up and farm because farming is such a fun concept.
10/12/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Thunderçatz
I had to give up JC/Mining

Delete all professions except for herb/alch confirmed.
I've sent north of two hundred thousand gold on battle potions

Bet you wish you had a Herb/Alch, huh? I'd like to ask why you don't.
the main issue is the costs for pre pots I said this before and not less important that there's no pot like prolonged power this time to make things worse..
At the start of Legion, pots/flasks were so expensive I just ended up using Draenor flasks/pots.

Seems like I will have to use Legion pots/flasks for the beginning of BfA. Then save up a bunch of BfA stuff for the beginning of the next expansion.
10/12/2018 05:15 PMPosted by Xyona
the main issue is the costs for pre pots

Don't worry, you're gonna be hit with a hundred fallacies about how you should drop what you're doing and change to suit the game.
Things are only worth what people will pay for them. If it is unsustainable the price will come down.
Memba when you weren't limited to 2 options per attempt in the old days?

Just chugging a potion every 2 minutes the entire encounter.
10/12/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Molecula
10/12/2018 05:15 PMPosted by Xyona
the main issue is the costs for pre pots

Don't worry, you're gonna be hit with a hundred fallacies about how you should drop what you're doing and change to suit the game.

thing is I'm already doing something I don't want (herbing) and couple hours is enough for only one night of progression.. which leaves me constantly doing it every single week so far I can't catch a bloody rest from the herbing simulator it's annoying me more than my raid leaders think..
10/12/2018 05:21 PMPosted by Xyona
10/12/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Molecula

thing is I'm already doing something I don't want (herbing) and couple hours is enough for only one night of progression.. which leaves me constantly doing it every single week so far I can't catch a bloody rest from the herbing simulator it's annoying me more than my raid leaders think..

I can grind out a wow token with less than an hour of real world work, then buy the pots on the AH, I started leveling herb and alch, but the amount of time it would take to grind out in game isnt worth it when I can put less effort into the real world, buy a token, and have more hours to do things I want to.

If you really don't like herbing just farm real world money and convert it to gold.
I am SO sick and tired of having to blow over 30k a week on potions and flasks or spend 10-11 hours a week farming herbs. Potion costs need to be nerfed blizzard. PLEASE FFS!!!! Enough is enough already.