The price of potions is unsustainable

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8
11/01/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Aalen
10/13/2018 12:31 AMPosted by Eatmorbabiez

The problem is herb rarity and cost per potion. I have an herb/alch alt, but I spend hours farming herbs. I farmed for two hours last night to make pots for our next raid (just for me) and I saw exactly zero anchorweed. That's stuffs so rare I only see one every couple of herbing sessions. I don't know if it's bots snagging it or what.

Blizzard seriously needs to fix this. I shouldn't spend two hours farming for three hours raiding.

This pretty much sums it up.

You won't have to in the future when they stated professions will be removed.

Flasks etc will be sold by vendors for a fixed price. Win win for everyone!
It's bad, definitely.

I throw on some music or netflix or youtube, and just run around gathering herbs mindlessly an hour or so before raid.

Get a few people in your guild to do that and pool the herbs into a communal fund.
Your server must have a terrible economy if they're 500-750g EACH. On mine they're 200-275g ea.

I do agree though, flasks especially cost way too much. I went Alch because of how much gold I was spending. It was 100% worth it. The amount of gold I make from pots and flasks is insane. Combine that with the 2 hour flasks and chance of procs for your own flasks and there's no reason not to be alch.
11/01/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Roghallough
11/01/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Aalen

This pretty much sums it up.

You won't have to in the future when they stated professions will be removed.

Flasks etc will be sold by vendors for a fixed price. Win win for everyone!

They're removing professions?? O.O
11/01/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Drozil
Plan A: Level an alt who has Herbalism and Alchemy.

Plan B: Talk to a guildie who has these professions.

^

When I was raiding heavily I had a pot spec'd alchemist and had flask spec'd guildies. I made guidies pots with their matts and guildies made me flasks with my matts. We also would bring extra incase someone forgot theirs. I guess spec's aren't that big of a thing anymore. But it shouldn't be much different now. If guildies aren't helping each other, they are a bit too selfish to be serious about progression. I'd find a new guild at that point.
11/01/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Felicite
11/01/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Haunker
I find this interesting as it's also the case on my server. I can only imagine it's due to people attempting to gouge the price without respect to the materials that go into making it. Creates a weird conundrum where fewer people feel incentivized to create potions and more people want to herb to sell the materials.

Or it could be that they're all now rank 3 alchemists, and at rank 3, you can proc extras for the same mats. (This is true of flasks and cauldrons as well). 2 is the most common, but I've had 9 (i.e. 8 extra). If you're rank 3 and you don't have time to herb, you probably want to make your own to get the procs.

are the procs really consistent enough that you can reliably sell off your potions for less than the going rate for the materials going into it?

Even with the procs, it feels very strange.
11/01/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Haunter
11/01/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Felicite

Or it could be that they're all now rank 3 alchemists, and at rank 3, you can proc extras for the same mats. (This is true of flasks and cauldrons as well). 2 is the most common, but I've had 9 (i.e. 8 extra). If you're rank 3 and you don't have time to herb, you probably want to make your own to get the procs.

are the procs really consistent enough that you can reliably sell off your potions for less than the going rate for the materials going into it?

Even with the procs, it feels very strange.

I usually get showered in procs.

1.5x at a very minimum.
Working as intended. They want you to buy tokens. It's sad. Pure greed.

I love how crafting profs are completely useless. Why does 300+ blue gear require expulsom? Seriously?
I've been using Legion potions for this exact reason

The cost right now is insane and there's no way to easily gain gold like there was in WoD and Legion.
11/01/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Ridicruel
When I was raiding heavily I had a pot spec'd alchemist and had flask spec'd guildies. I made guidies pots with their matts and guildies made me flasks with my matts. We also would bring extra incase someone forgot theirs. I guess spec's aren't that big of a thing anymore. But it shouldn't be much different now. If guildies aren't helping each other, they are a bit too selfish to be serious about progression. I'd find a new guild at that point.

"Back in the day", in the raiding guilds I was in, guild raiders had a support network of non-raiders in their guild doing alot of the farming for their raiders. In return, the guild ran them through "fun" raids, guild events, trash runs, ran shotgun for them through hard content, etc. When did that change? Has the rift between "elites" and "casuals" grown that far apart?
11/01/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Monsterskill
I love how crafting profs are completely useless. Why does 300+ blue gear require expulsom? Seriously?

Scrapping a few crafted items from alts leveling their prof, I get gobs of expulsion. Think they upped the proc on them a while ago. My crafters aren't useless at all.

I'm slowly leveling all the profs cuz there are a lot of high end recipes missing which I'm sure they'll patch in sooner or later. If they put those recipes in at the start, the economy would've asploded.

Patience - see what happens.