Mage CDs need to be undispellable

Arenas
Title. Gonna get hate for it since everyone detests mages but our cds need to be changed to be inline with other classes burst/defensives and be unpurgeable OR everyone else needs to join us in the spam purged club.

Off the top of my head mages and enhance shaman lust are the only purgeable cds. Which is silly when you stop and think about it. I'd rather trade some of its power and be unpurgeable or see everyone else join us.

Heck even our hot streak as fire is purgeable. Speaking for myself only I'd be more then happy to see our control reduced at the cost of improved damage, our cds changed to be unpurgable even if it ment tuning them down. Heck remove shimmer and give us deep back.

No melee offense or defensive cds are purgeable, no shaman cds are purgeable beside lust for enhance. Even now warlock cds are unremoveable. Hunter cds are physical and also not removeable. Voidform/wings also not removeable. None of the incarnates are purgeable.

So with all the changes in the course of WoW over the years. Why are we the only class left with lackluster defensives and decent offensives as the only purgeable ones?

Tl:DR. Make mage procs/cds/defensives undispellable like everyone else. Or make everyone else purgeable/tranq shot or w.e.
10/13/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Setback
Why are we the only class left with lackluster defensives

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
10/13/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Bearheart
10/13/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Setback
Why are we the only class left with lackluster defensives

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bc blazing barrier (purgeable) is amazing right? Fire also has one block? no slows? and takes a million damage with no kiting ability?

Not to mention every offensive and proc is dispellable. Imagine if your main damage procs were purgeable and your ascendance.
10/13/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Setback

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bc blazing barrier (purgeable) is amazing right? Fire also has one block? no slows? and takes a million damage with no kiting ability?

Not to mention every offensive and proc is dispellable. Imagine if your main damage procs were purgeable and your ascendance.

I’d normally agree with this but fire is so insane atm it’s ridiculous
10/13/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Thèllè
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I’d normally agree with this but fire is so insane atm it’s ridiculous

Yes because of a triple stacked trait. If it was removed tomorrow do you have any idea how much of a trainwreck fire would be?

Edit: given the tuning passes we have been getting. Do you really think we aren't on the radar and changes won't be made to that trait?
Venruki was posting about this. On one hand I generally find mage CDs are outrageously easy to purge for most teams with any dispell capability and very strong against anything that lacks strong dispels (i.e. TSG). There is some skill in avoiding it being dispelled but it seems to be largely about comp and other team's skill. Still, mage is in an awesome place and classes having unique qualities is cool as well. Mage clearly isn't struggling in any capacity even with veins/combust/AP being dispellable.
If they remove the ability to purge & spellsteal blessing of protection and freedom then we can talk. Until then suck it up.

Learn to pop them after you’ve polyied the healer and your rogue (insert other melee) has stunned your kill target. No more purges.

Dude, you have temp shield, barrier, cauterize and ice block. You're so entitled it's unreal. I get the offensive CD part but your defensives are far more than fine.
Mage specs and Enhance offensive CDs being dispellable is gross, but so are those specs in general. Tone down damage if you want your offensives to stay up.
The reason this holds true is because you can spellsteal buffs. Also, shamans can purge as well. If all other classes had this ability then fine allow all buffs to be dispellable. But no you can't have spellsteal and non dispellable buffs.
I don't think you have much room to complain. You can klepto a line of hots during a go, you can line hunter damage for the most part if their BM, you can root survival hunters, and you can literally just line MM damage. You have a spammable CC that has no cd. And the biggest part, I'm honestly wondering why you're even using offensive cds when the enemy is able to purge at the very beginning of them. Another thing, I don't see how it would be fair for us to be able to purge a warlocks cds in the current state of them.
Please make my Hunter pet Un CCable please.

For the sake of balance.
Defensives being dispellable is fine, it’s good for there to be trade-off to strong defensives. I’d hate to play a game where I can’t do anything about BoP or Pally bubble.

That said, as someone who’s played Mage since WotLK and got to watch Avenging Wrath become undispellable, yeah it’s kind of infuriating that Fire can have its entire kit rendered useless with a few purges.

10/13/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Mofuggas
Please make my Hunter pet Un CCable please.

For the sake of balance.

Except Mages can also be CC’d through their CD’s in addition to being dispelled.
10/13/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Bearheart

Dude, you have temp shield, barrier, cauterize and ice block. You're so entitled it's unreal. I get the offensive CD part but your defensives are far more than fine.

this
I think it’s fine, most dps specs can purge like what, 5 times before going oom? And healers trade out a lot of mana spamming purge too.
Nah I like mage tears mmmmmmm
As soon as fire loses counterspell.
Sure. Give mages plate armor too.

They shouldn't have any weaknesses.
10/13/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Rethumtv
If they remove the ability to purge & spellsteal blessing of protection and freedom then we can talk. Until then suck it up.

Learn to pop them after you’ve polyied the healer and your rogue (insert other melee) has stunned your kill target. No more purges.

We used to take your wings too.
You can't expect to have everything in your class. Control, burst, mobility.. also want to get survivalbility and tanking?